Author Topic: so what happened?  (Read 19519 times)

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
so what happened?
« on: May 27, 2010, 03:10:48 AM »
Deployed sailors wanna know!!!
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
  • THE ALLATLOH of ROCK n' ROLLA
Re: so what happened?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010, 05:47:28 AM »
Lots of stuff.

Counted about a 12 people who made it.
Couple of new faces.

From what I did.
Played a huge game Red Dragon Inn....Very fun, a blast to play with good friends; Jack and Coke.

Several games of warzone.

First was against Coil.
My Capital against his mishama. Coil won with 2 models left standing. A very good game.

second was against DoomPup. Captial vrs Captial.
Doompup wanted to learn so we played. Showed the basics but man was I rusty on the rules.
Doompup if you read this read the Morale rules...might of gotten that a little wrong.
Fun game none the less hope he comes to TAL 5 as he is a fine chap to play against.

3rd game against Jeff
his cybertronic against a new captial list ( able to call down 3 fire missions a turn in a 750pt list)
As always Jeff is a blast to play against. Do to dice going my way it was soild win for captial.

for the record I heart sea lions and light infantry.

Played Phill in 1000pt chronopia.
My Blackbood Goblins against his Firstborn.
battle went back and forth alot. Just when I thought the Firstborn had the win the Goblins played though and won the game. Damn good game.

Bill ran games of Monster Apocylspe
made a great trade.  Urbercorp got a win barely against Bills Chuthllu thingy. Yeahhh ubercorp

chariot race was awesome.
With Thom winning 1st ( sweet model)
my goblins takeing 2nd
swamp goblins 3rd

wish you could have made it timmy fun games all a round.
Next time I make it a point to re read the rules before next TAL  
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 05:24:29 AM by masherking »
Goddamn! its good to be the MasherKing.
home: New Jersey
E-bay: Johny_wonderful

Offline Doompup

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2010, 06:24:03 PM »
I got in 3 games of Warzone; I was glad as the new guy for everyone helping me out and teaching me how to play. I also played a game of Space Munchkin (pretty funny) and Red Dragon Inn.
I had a blast and hope to go again next year, with a more intense play schedule now that I am back in the game.
My one regret is that i didn't get to try Siege of the Citadel; I've been wanting to play that for years.

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2010, 05:58:31 AM »
No D20's were harmed in this episode!
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2010, 06:06:49 AM »
I think that Masher's math/counting is off (I blame Jersey schooling).

Thom
Bill
Linda
Lance
J.P.
Andreas
Steve
Brian
Doompup (Kenjo - forgive spelling and probable mispronunciation)
Jeff
Josh
William
Dave
Mare

Did I miss anyone?
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline jjdodger

• Board Member
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2010, 07:02:48 AM »
Yes, at the least, phill, homer, casey, norm, mooch, and, i am sure, a few others? your friend joe that you played axis and allies with? oh, and ginger! hmm.. maybe someone else? the brain is starting to go..

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2010, 07:35:01 AM »
I got missed again just like my birthday. LOL ;) Thanks for the cake Dave.
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2010, 07:38:51 AM »
Mark,Sean

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2010, 07:42:32 AM »
Craig,Dylan

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2010, 01:27:07 PM »
Dammit!  PHIL TOO!

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2010, 03:55:42 PM »
Looks like closer to seventeen.  I had a blast!!
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline Coil

• Board Member- First Crusader
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2010, 11:42:13 PM »
T4 was a blast.

I can't remember all my games in now since there were so many of them but I had a number of really hard fought battles.

Steve in our game you were hit a lot more with the environmental stuff on the board than I was. If the mines hadn't helped kill off a quarter of your army I am sure you would have kicked my ass.

I am still undefeated against Josh (Crystal Lotus FTW! :)). It too was a close game though and I felt really hard pressed when Josh's wolf totem ate both my dragonbanes early in the game. So then Josh and I teamed up to take on the Devout forces led by Dylan and Thom. A fun and hard fought game where we in the end managed to win.

Another really good battle was the last one I had against Dylan on the last day where his Devout faced off against my CL. At the end he had his Warped Lord and a Dark Eye against my Crystal Knight. A vortex template deviated in a good direction for me and took out the Dark Eye and then the CK managed to kill the Warped Lord. If the vortex hadn't helped me I am sure Dylan would have killed the already wounded CK.

I also got to try a couple of new games, MonPoc, Munchkin and Memoir 44. All three very fun games so thanks for teaching me those (Bill, Brian, Jeff and Dave).

Offline Kaile_Bloodhammer

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2010, 06:51:15 PM »
During the time I was there I got to play Bill and Bill with my Algeroth Cult and won both games.

Mishima- Sayonara Suckers
Dark Legion Destoyer Cult- Destroyed

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2010, 07:40:47 AM »
I was Coil's first victim with my 1000 PC Ilian list (including both a Behemoth and a Maculator).

We fouhgt in the Mercurian caverns, and Coil's Mishima was as comfortable wihtin the confines as the proverbial "bug in a rug."  I could not get range with the Maculator, and had to settle with flinging a few of his Ashigaru, while Karak and Val D'redd succumbed to superior numbers.

A fun battle, and, also, one I would love to re-visit (after a bit of tweaking of the list).