Author Topic: Force Construction  (Read 5147 times)

Offline Doompup

Force Construction
« on: May 26, 2010, 06:10:59 PM »
After Talamania, I am considering getting into Chronopia. I was looking through the rulebook, and while I found the restriction on Missile Weapon troops, I did not see anything about grunt and elite troops (like in WZ). Is that designation nonexistent in Chronopia? If so, obviously no restrictions like in WZ (1 elite for 1 grunt squad).
Thanks
Doompup

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
Re: Force Construction
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 07:06:50 PM »
No grunt/elite just 1 individual per squad.
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline Doompup

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2010, 01:56:05 PM »
Thanks!

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2010, 04:28:00 PM »
It's amazing how much crossover we are getting between the two games.  I think the one you learn first is your first love, but then the other one is great too.

Biggest differences: 

1.  Most Chronopia models have two actions, and Warzone models three.
2.  You can Run in Chronopia at 1.5 speed but not in Warzone.
3.  One's and Twenty's.  The most fun difference.  A 1 is an auto wound and a 20 is a fumble, losing remaining actions in Chronopia.  In Warzone a 1 adds to the damage, and a 20 deducts from the next shot.

Some people want the generic version of the engine to clarify this once and for all and make everything the same.  I love them just the way they are.

You'll have a blast in Chronopia.  Let us know what you are looking for, modelwise.

Cheers.
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline Doompup

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2010, 08:29:23 AM »
Thanks for the info. I think I am going to give Chronopia a try; the Sons of Kronos look like a faction I would like to play/paint (thematically and aesthetically). I saw that Chronopia was 30% at PA, so I just put in an order. If anyone has any for sale/trade though, I would still be interested, as well as the SOK book, and the Chronopia 2nd Ed. book (I downloaded the pdf for the Chronopia resource site to read it and see if I would like it, but eventually I'll probably need to get one). Plus, SOK would give me an excuse to play my 2000AD Slaine the Berserker minis ;)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 08:35:15 AM by Doompup »

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2010, 05:45:01 PM »
Sounds like a great start.   :D
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA