Author Topic: DEXCON 13  (Read 7705 times)

Offline dane

• Board Member
  • The Board
DEXCON 13
« on: May 03, 2010, 05:40:03 PM »
I know we have a weekend clash with Historican and it is really local to you guys, so I am not above bribery.

If any of you guys are on the fence about making the drive to Dexcon 13 throw me a line and I will get you money off the badge price, might be enough to even out the gas money.

I will do my best, and If I get enough interest I will have a Warzone tourney for you guys, but even if I run it I am playing in it, so there (not like I ever won...lol).

Also if we get enough interest, maybe we can get Thom to make an appearance (he will go where you guys go, he is a great guy that way), he had a good time at dreamation and I am going to bribe him to come again next year. I just have to make more time to hang out, had too much stuff to run (my bad sorry Thom). I would love to make Dex and Dream back into the place where everybody collected to jam with Chrono/Wzone every year, we always had such a blast.

And I will do what it takes to make it happen again.

I will do what I can to take care of you guys, just tell me what you need.

Bill
We are all who we say we are. So long as our actions are the same as our words.

Mishima prophet

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
Re: DEXCON 13
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 04:16:02 AM »
Speaking for myself, Bill, it is the distance that is the deal-breaker.

I haven't been to cons as often as I would like, and that plays into the decision of whether I wish to go.  The fact that Historicon is local (to me) means that I don't have to shell out extra for a room, and keeps more cash in pocket.  Gas is expensive over distance, too.

It does hurt that a lot of the guys that used to go can no longer attend, as it is even further for them.

You are right in that it was a blast when we'd all get together and play and hang out.  I do miss that - a lot.

Perhaps if the venue were closer, it would make the decision a bit more of a toss-up.  For now though, it appears that I will be going to Historicon.  I know a lot of folks who will be there, it is relatively local, and it means I will not have to take time off work to attend.

It's not you, Bill - it's me...;D
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline luckyone

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 05:08:48 AM »
I echo Dave's words above.

I really enjoyed the cons up north (Dexcon - Dreamation). It is the fact that there are even further north that really kills it for me. Not to mention the conflict in dates with Historicon.

I liked the events at these cons and also the poker tourney.

This year I will be attending Historicon again. I never considered myself a Historical gamer, but there is that and much more there. I think you should still play Warzone/Chronopia up there if you get others to join you. I hope you have a great time if you go this year.

Always look out for number one, but don't step in number two.
What do you mean Flash Gordon approaching? OPEN FIRE!
The entire Capitol Army.
Don't ever say anything but a 20 before rolling the dice.

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2010, 07:42:19 AM »
Is anyone going to Dexcon. I'am still waiting on my schedule for next wk to decide.
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2010, 07:04:59 AM »
I'll be there for sure. I've booked my room from thursday to sunday. Looking forward to a fun weekend of gaming.
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline luckyone

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2010, 08:25:39 AM »
How did Dexcon go?
Always look out for number one, but don't step in number two.
What do you mean Flash Gordon approaching? OPEN FIRE!
The entire Capitol Army.
Don't ever say anything but a 20 before rolling the dice.

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2010, 09:02:12 AM »
It was great. Didn't play any warzone/chronopia, but played alot of great games. Played large scale (the Arena) Monsterpocalyse, Wings of War, Bill's Chariot Race, and World of Warcraft. All were a blast and had good turn outs. Other games included Babylon 5, Uncharted Seas, Firestorm, Dark Hiersey, Small verision MonPoc, and Anima Tactics. 9 hours sleep between the 3 nights followed by a 15 hour work day on monday. I'am tried. 

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69