Author Topic: Empire Chronopia Redux?  (Read 8828 times)

Offline leutenantbrittan

Empire Chronopia Redux?
« on: April 18, 2010, 12:23:28 PM »
Hi!

John Robertson and Mark Brendan, the original writer of the Empire Chronopia ruleset are working on a new edition of Leviathan using 10mm scale figures for a mass battle game. Ive got the playtest rules and they are looking pretty good so far!

Ive put a few bits and bobs on my blog about it and will be interviewing John Robertson in the next couple of weeks so if anyone has any questions please let us know and I will ask them and then post the interview on my blog!

http://leviathanwar.blogspot.com/

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
Re: Empire Chronopia Redux?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2010, 12:28:38 PM »
Sound great!   
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline Steel Rabbit

• On A Roll Games
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2010, 01:50:35 PM »
I really hope this game sees the light of day. I've been taking a trip down memory lane lately, revisiting old issues of Chronicles and Target games stuff in general, and I'd like to see another endeavor by Mr. Robertson. However the Mammoths have been very quiet as of late...

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2010, 06:06:32 PM »
P.S.  While you're at all of this, could you put in a word with Scotia Grendel to post pics of their Goblin Spearmen and Archers??

I think they'd make cool proxies.

Cheers.

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2010, 03:58:50 AM »
Not to get too far off topic but for those of you who have run a web based business, how hard is it to take a picture of a freaking miniature you are selling and post in on the website?  An hour?  Two hours?  If you main way of selling your stuff is pushing on a website, I would think that number 1 priority would be to get picks up of everything, if only naked pewter, so that the customers would be able to see it.  You can't tell me that Scotia Grendel is so freaking busy that they can't spit out even some bad pictures?

Sorry.  Rant ends.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Steel Rabbit

• On A Roll Games
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2010, 03:05:53 PM »
Are they doing it after this?

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2010, 04:19:26 PM »
Considering we just talked about it, I think I'll be proactive and shoot them an email.  I like some old school Leviathan models and have them as proxies already; it can't hurt them to take a photo.

I know leutenant brittan is on their forums as an admin, so hopefully between the two of us, we can get some pics.

Offline Lancelot

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2010, 08:13:44 AM »
Hi!

John Robertson and Mark Brendan, the original writer of the Empire Chronopia ruleset are working on a new edition of Leviathan using 10mm scale figures for a mass battle game. Ive got the playtest rules and they are looking pretty good so far!

Ive put a few bits and bobs on my blog about it and will be interviewing John Robertson in the next couple of weeks so if anyone has any questions please let us know and I will ask them and then post the interview on my blog!

http://leviathanwar.blogspot.com/

Im just gonna keep my comments to myself. Safer that way. ;)

Offline luckyone

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2010, 08:40:25 AM »
It looks pretty cool. Not sure about the scale though.
Always look out for number one, but don't step in number two.
What do you mean Flash Gordon approaching? OPEN FIRE!
The entire Capitol Army.
Don't ever say anything but a 20 before rolling the dice.

Offline Steel Rabbit

• On A Roll Games
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2010, 10:40:52 AM »
The scale is 28mm, it's just the heads that are larger.

Offline leutenantbrittan

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2010, 11:00:06 AM »
Hi!

What miniature do you were looking for a picture of? If its from the leviathan range I will have a look to see what I have! Otherwise I can give the chaps at scotia a call and see what I can do!

The 28mm stuff is a different project entirely called Warheads! Leviathan is going to be a mass battle 10mm game Im not too sure what to make of their current offering. If its like the game Munchkin it could be a lot of fun but its a bit weird at the mo!

All the best!

Offline Manic _Miner

• Member Emeritus
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2010, 11:53:13 AM »
 Richard when you ask john the questions try and find out who the sculptors are for the project and when the first release will be.Been looking forward to this for years now.

Offline leutenantbrittan

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2010, 12:57:30 AM »
As far as I am aware its John doing the sculpting initially. Hes got a concept artist but hasnt said who yet. Im hoping its either Adrian Smith or Clint Langley otherwise it just wont look right.

I will ask about what other sculptors they have in mind and where they are going with the game (Im tempted to mention Warheads too...)

The game itself is quite different from the empire chronopia one as each unit is mounted on a 50mm round base and it plays more like a ww2 company level game than traditional fantasy!

All the best