Author Topic: More Dwarven Blood Totems please!!!  (Read 21242 times)

muad

Re: More Dwarven Blood Totems please!!!
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2005, 08:27:41 AM »
I want to see War Torka miniature.

Offline Wolfshade

• Journeyman
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2005, 11:37:18 AM »
Sounds like a cool model--Reaper has a Vulture demon too, is the Ral Partha one walkin' upright too?
Sorry for the time lag.  It may be Reaper ( Friend gave it to me a looong time ago)  It's an ugly lookin' buzzard with a two handed sword and wings.  Still haven't painted him yet, but I'm still (slooooowly) painting DT"s
Elf, It's good with A-1 too!!!

Offline Alxbates

« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2005, 03:16:00 AM »
@Wolfshade - that sounds like Reaper's Vulture Demon (sculpted by Bob Olley, the same fine gentleman who sculpted the new goblin spearmen!).

@Muad - I want a War Torka, too.  Can't ever have enough big monsters!

-Alex
Wan Chew Tree Faw!

Offline Skull King

« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2005, 01:01:39 PM »
So is there a restriction on the number of blood totems you can use in an army?  I realize points come into it, but are you allowed only one or two?  Or do you have to have a unit from that clan in the army first?  Just wondering don't have my book in front of me at the moment.  :-[

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2005, 07:45:05 AM »
For each Totem, you need a keeper.  So that's two individuals right there, meaning you'll need two units, one for each individual.  Two totems, two keepers, four units and so on.  You'll be rackin' up to some high point games the more you build like this.  In a 2000 point game, taking 3-5 hours, I might run with one keeper and totem, or just a keeper, and have plenty to work with.  I would be curious to see a Dwarven force constructed with 2 totems and keepers.  Hmmm.....

To answer your question I think there is no restriction to the number of totems, you just need to follow the restrictions for keepers and individuals/units.
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline Skull King

« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2005, 09:45:32 AM »
Are the War Torkas, and horned and tusked raiders constrained in this way as well.  I'm sure the raiders are considered individuals, but is the Torka a unit? Warmachine?  Or is it considered more like a Totem w/ a keeper being needed?  And does the unit that supports the keeper, have to be the same clan as the Blood totem?

Offline Skull King

« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2005, 11:46:37 AM »
I was just thinkin.  The horned one blood totem has the same model for a keeper, as the Dark Tusk one, correct?  It might be cool then, if the future blood totems, had keepers customized for their specific clans.  According to the book, you have to have a keeper from a particular clan to use it's specific blood totem, so that would make alot more sense.  Also, it would help your opponents know what kind of blood totem, as specific keeper would turn into, as now it's kind of a mystery. (well, there's only models for 2 totems, so its a 50/50 chance really)  Anyway, I realize there's tons of more important figs awaiting a finished sculpt, but it might be something for EE to think about, as future Blood totems come to completion.   ;D

Offline T Prime

• Big Kahuna, Chairman of the Board
  • Administrator
  • Member Prime
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2005, 04:24:49 PM »
If you have a Keeper, he may transform into a Totem. The cost is for one Keeper. You can also take a Totem who stays in this form for the game. You would pay his costs as a totem. For each Keeper you could have one of these "Pure Bloods".
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc
Excelsior!!

Offline Skull King

« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2005, 05:58:34 PM »
If you have a Keeper, he may transform into a Totem. The cost is for one Keeper. You can also take a Totem who stays in this form for the game. You would pay his costs as a totem. For each Keeper you could have one of these "Pure Bloods".

So, does this mean that keepers are clan neutral?  Can any keeper use any clans blood totem?  Can any keeper transform into any clans blood totem?  Just wondering the specifics.  If this isn't the case, then I think clan specific Keepers would rock! You could even sculpt them to look like their interacting with their various totems.