Author Topic: More Dwarven Blood Totems please!!!  (Read 21244 times)

Offline Skull King

More Dwarven Blood Totems please!!!
« on: September 22, 2005, 12:58:35 PM »
As stated in the subject, I really love the blood totems.  I've got the Dark Tusk one, and have ordered the Horned ones one, but it got lost in the mail.  :'(   Anyway,, I can hopefully get the Horned one again (and it will hopefully get through this time), and after seeing pictures of the other Blood totems online, I'm really hoping they do more.   Thanks alot, and I love the minis!   :-*

Offline UrbanShocker

Re: More Dwarven Blood Totems please!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2005, 05:20:06 PM »
The're are definitely on the list of unreleased items. As Dwaven player my self, I would love to get my hands of the rest of the blood totems. Though I can't complain it has been a pretty good last couple of months for everybody getting some long awaited units. Risen, wolf scout and axe warriors to name a few.  Thom are getting close to letting us see what's next on the sculpting list? Or are you going to be holding out until somethings solidifed with the sculptors?

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2005, 06:29:20 PM »
I'm planning on starting a Vulture Clan Army and will prolly convert my own totem to use til the official one comes out. If I get it done and it looks halfway decent I will post pix
« Last Edit: September 22, 2005, 06:31:05 PM by Topkick »
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2005, 05:46:17 AM »
If memory serves, the Vulture Totem is in the works, but on the horizon.  Thom's mentioned that EACH wing is nine inches--it's gonna be a monster.   I'm waitin' on this one, the Blood-Bone and Wolf Totems, having thrown in with EE to deliver the goods.  I glad I went with these clans--the new Wolf models were worth the wait.  Not that there's anything wrong with the other two clans, mind.
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2005, 07:19:24 AM »
djaindobre--my bad Polish.  I think the base that the totem stands on should be about the size of a DVD.  Excelsior Entertainment has a prototype 5-sided base for the Totems in the works, but it's not out yet. 

Offline Morfdoggs

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2005, 01:39:12 PM »
Once the BloodBone one comes out. I will definitly be strange to tryu my hand at Dwarves I think it is the only other army other than Swammpies. But we'll see how i do at Dwarvies.
Happiness is like peeing yourself, everyone can see it but only u can feel its warmth!

Offline Wolfshade

• Journeyman
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2005, 09:48:49 PM »
  I've been proxying the old Ral Partha Vulture Deamon as my Vulture Totem.  Nothing near the size that's been said for the upcoming model,  but enemy troopers and casters have learned to look up ;D
Elf, It's good with A-1 too!!!

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2005, 04:52:37 AM »
Sounds like a cool model--Reaper has a Vulture demon too, is the Ral Partha one walkin' upright too?

Offline Skull King

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2005, 01:38:32 PM »
I have a question pertaining to the Horned one Totem.  When I first noticed that it was for sale on New Wave games site, it said that you could also get an alternate head for it.  Is this  true, is there an alternate head, or just a misprint on the site, also, where does everyone get their Chronopia minatures from online at?  Thanks for the info, and that Vulture blood totem sounds awesome!  I thought from the picture I saw awhile ago, they were gonna be little featherless beast, but that sounds great! 

So are they planning on making a Horned one War Totem as shown in the Dwarven Labyrinth?  What will the Bloodbone totem look like, is it supposed to look like a particular animal?

Offline Alxbates

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2005, 04:40:05 PM »
I really want to see more Blood Totem miniatures.  Big oogey monsters are the foundation of my interest in this hobby!  However, I think I'm in the minority when I say that I want a SMALL Vulture totem - I've still got my issue of the old Chronopia magazine published by Target, complete with Adrian Smith's artwork for the Vulture totems - they look emaciated, almost similar to the "Starved" of the Stygian, and their wings were vestigial.  Their attacks came from their beak and claws, and they certainly couldn't fly.

That was the first image that I saw of them, and of course it's now what I think of as the "Correct" way for Vulture totems to look.

-Alex
Wan Chew Tree Faw!

Offline Alxbates

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2005, 04:41:43 PM »
@Skull King - yes, there is an alternate head for the horned one totem - it looks very similar, but hte mouth is open instead of closed, with the tongue and teeth clearly visible.  It looks about as good (IMO) as the standard head, I don't have a preference between the two.

-Alex
Wan Chew Tree Faw!

Offline Alxbates

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2005, 04:44:36 PM »
@Skull King again, the Blood Bone totem (from the concept art pulblished in the old magazine) looks like a huge, slightly humanoid bear, with basket-style eye protectors (very cenobite-looking) and a three pronged blade in each hand (think Wolverine from the X-men). 

-Alex
Wan Chew Tree Faw!

Offline Skull King

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2005, 09:52:31 AM »
Wow!  Thanks for all the info Alxbates! ;D

I can't wait to see what these new blood totems will look like.  I suppose I may try to get both heads of the Horned one totem, so I can see which one I like better.

Offline T Prime

• Big Kahuna, Chairman of the Board
  • Administrator
  • Member Prime
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2005, 10:38:24 AM »
We should have the new releases for this month posted shortly. There are no new totems on it but I will check with update their progress as well.
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc
Excelsior!!

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2005, 11:28:26 AM »
Can Mick or Keef give'us a glimmer of wot's on it?  I'm already sweatin' my credit card bills that will follow.