Author Topic: Hostage Rescue  (Read 6275 times)

Offline Enker

Hostage Rescue
« on: January 30, 2006, 12:04:09 AM »
We've played a new scenario "Hostage Rescue". Mission objective was to free hostages out of their prision.
We played on a 72'' x 48'' table over the short distance. Deployment was 60'' x 12''. In each deploymentzone was a 6''x6'' prision.
So each side had to avoid that the enemy get to their hostages and had to try to free his own hostages in the enemy territory.
You had to get to the prision and use one action to free the hostages. We've played 1000 Pts each side. You had to give
200-300 Pts of hostages to your enemy (Grunts were not allowed as hostages). The hostages could not act until they were set free and used two actions (to get their equipment).
You are not allowed to shot at the hostage until the fourth turn. Then you can shot them if you pass a leadership test.
So you better be quick to rescue the hostage, if you want to free them alive. Once the hastages are free you had to clean the opponents deploymentzone from enemys for two turns.
(In our case the winner eliminated the whole opponent force).

Here are the forces:
Capitol (me):                   Mishima:
4x Hvy Inf                      4x Samurai (Bushido?)
1x Hvy Inf Sgt                   1x Samurai Sgt
1x Hvy Inf Sniper                   1x Samurai Sniper
4x Hvy Inf                      4x Samurai (Bushido?)
1x Hvy Inf Sgt                   1x Samurai Sergant
1x Hvy Inf Rocket L.                   1x Samurai Sniper
5x Wailing B.                   4x Faceless
1x Wailing B. Sgt                   2x Pheonix Samurai
1x Wailing B. Captain                2x Pheonix Samurai
2x Orca Mk III                   1x Yojimbo
1x Orca Mk IV                   1x Toshiro
1x Inf. Colonel                   1x Deathbringer
1x Big Bob                   2x Battlewalker

Hostages:
4x Assault Marines                   3 or 4 x Dragonrider
1x AM Sgt.                   1x Deathbringer
1x AM Hvy MG
1x AM Captain

Deployment:
Mishima deployed his Grunt Samurais all in a tower on top level. The Phoenix and Yojimbo were placed near the hostages to protect them.
The Battlewalker gave long range support and the Faceless, Toshiro and a Deathbringer tried to get to their hostages in Capitol territory.
Capitol deployed on Hvy. Inf. Squad on each flank. The Orcas, and the Colonel defended the hostages and Big Bob was the midfield.
The Wailings advanced to Mishma territory to free their comrades.
Summary:
Here the short Battlereport of what happened in this game. The first round was Mishimas. He managed it to kill halve of my Wailing Squad and halve of one Hvy. Inf. Squad with his to Grunt Samurai Squads. I killed one or two Pheonix. There were many misses in the first round (except the Samurais who fight very well).
On the second turn I got my revenge. The Rocket Launcher fired into the bulk of Grunt Samurais and killed nearly one Squad and halve of the other Squad. My Wailings advanced to the hostages and get there ass out of enemy fire. Mishima get forward with his Faceless, Toshiro and the Deathbringer. Beside that not much happened.
The third turn. We both get one model to the prision in the enemy deplomentzone. I free my hostages with a Wailing and Mishima free their with the Deathbringer (Toshiro was flamed before with the Orca).
So both of us had extra firepower. You were still not allowed to shot at the hostages, until they leave the prision. But the hostages had to do that and spent two actions to be allowed to act full.
So my Assault Marines and Mishmas Dragonrider could harm the enemy in turn four. Beside that one Orca and one Battlewalker get destructed. The Faceless and most Wailings also kissed the earth.
Turn four then was the beginning of Mishimas end. Ok Yojimbo could kill two AM with his Screechgun in a wait action (he waited near the prison) but then the AM wiped out nearly all that was left in Mishimas deploymentzone. On the other side Mishima had bad luck with his Dragonrider and Deathbringer. After the failed attack my Orca Hvy Flamer toasted most of Mishimas freed hostages.
In turn five I only had to do a little "rest killing".
My KIA list: 5x Hvy. Inf., 4x Wailings, 1x Orca, 1x Colonel, 2x AM. Not much victims for the destrution of the Mishima army.
On sentence about the "luck" which is so important in this game. I would say Mishma had bad luck with his to hit rolls and I had bad luck with my saves the first turns. I won most of the initiatives (ok I had 2 points more leadership), but all in all I would say luck was slightly on my side.
However, the scenario was very good to play, and my Mishima friend is crying for a revenge, next time he will field a different army.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2006, 12:10:55 AM by Enker »
Marines! Lets kick some A S S!

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
  • THE ALLATLOH of ROCK n' ROLLA
Re: Hostage Rescue
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2006, 02:10:06 PM »
kool report :)
thanks for sharing.
hope to hear more.
Goddamn! its good to be the MasherKing.
home: New Jersey
E-bay: Johny_wonderful

Offline Coil

• Board Member- First Crusader
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2006, 12:16:23 AM »
Nice scenario as well.

Offline Ruther

• Warzone Deutschland
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2006, 08:26:32 AM »
Good scenario!

Good scenarios are the spice for the game  ;)
He Who Laughs Last, Thinks Fastest

Offline Lopis

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2006, 06:52:44 AM »
Since I know Bag, he wonīt build another force....

Remember him building two absolutely identical forces for two very different scenarios.....

Heīs used to win with his Mishiman Battle-Beast force, so naturally heīs crying for revenge.
Next three way circle we will see how he competes..
Solus honor cladem avertat !

Offline Enker

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2006, 12:00:27 AM »
We have tried to play this Scenario with three players, but it did not work very well.
The players deployed in a triangle with the prision in the middle of each deploymentzone.
You had to give your hostages to your left neighbor, so each one had to attack his left opponent and
defend the own prisioned hostages against his right opponent.
Capitol had to attack Bauhaus, Bauhaus had to attack Mishima and Mishima Capitol.
But in the game I played very offensive and Bauhaus very defensive. So we annihilated our forces each other and
Mishima had an easy task with no real competitor.
My main problem was, that I tried to free my hostages in the first round with Airbourne Rangers and I failed.
Sure I needed much luck for this try, but it was possible. With the failed rescue I had to go to Plan B, which
was to destruct the defending forces, mainly with my Orca esp. the Hvy. Flamer.
Bauhaus tried to free its hostages with a Strike Skimmer, but it was blown up by two Battlewalker.
The rest of Bauhaus force stood against my force. Ok, I can comprehend to this, because who wants to be
annihilated by Orcas, but Bauhaus didn't realy try to free his hostage after the failed plan with the Strike Skimmer
and freeing the hostages was the main goal. Without achiving it you couln't win.
As I said Mishima was very unthreatened. He had no problems to free his hostages with Hatamotchi (or how is this
individual with the ride called?). My Free Marines did a good job in defending but had no chance against the attacking force.
On the other side with the destruction of the Strike Skimmer, he completly canceled the attack on him.
In the fourth round my last model (brave Sgt. Carter) kissed the earth and Mishima won.

Here is my force for this scenario, maybe my comrades write their Mishima and Bauhaus force down here, too.

4x Hvy Inf.
1x Hvy Sgt.
1x Hvy Sniper
5x Airbourne
1x Airb. Sgt.
5x Free Marines
1x Free M. Sgt.
1x Free M. Gunnery Sgt.
2x Orca Mk III
1x Orca Mk IV
1x Big Bob
1x Sgt. Carter

and as hostgages:
4x Assault Marines
1x Assault M. Sgt.
1x Assault M. HMG
1x Assault M. Captain
Marines! Lets kick some A S S!

Offline Bagomba

• Journeyman
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2006, 02:35:11 PM »
I was the Mishima Player and hereīs my force....

1000 Points

4 Squads Faceless ( each 4 )
2 Squads Battlewalker ( each 2 )
3 Squads Nagano Shadowwalker ( 2 one man Squads and 1 two man Squad )
1 Hachiman Masadoka
1 Ameratsu
1 Demon Hunter

and as Hostage
1 Squad Dragon Rider ( 2 Riders and one Leader )
1 Demon Hunter
1 Liege Lord

and as Enker described it was very easy to win... with my activations i outmaneuver the opponents in the first round so they had to kill each other... and after opponents activation i start hachiman, 2 battlewalker and a squad faceless ( as shield ) to free the hostages.... then i won 2nd round initiative and hachiman could free the hostages.... Capitol and Bauhaus still fire most of their actions at each other so i concentrate my fire at Bauhaus rescue team ( Strike Skimmer ) and it falls before can rescue his hostages... so my hostages and the rescue team could easily kill capitol because there were not much capitol units left.... my only losses in this scenario were 5 Faceless and one Hachiman.... but the opponents had played an optimal army and killed each other and i was the lucky 3rd Player  ;)
They are in front of me, beside and behind me....
They canīt escape
ATTTAAACK !!!!!

Offline Lopis

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2006, 12:55:35 PM »
OK, the Bauhaus force:
Duke Elector Berneheim -->

2 Squads of Dragoons /w Sniper
1 Squad of Ducals /w RL
1 Squad Pauldrons

Johann Emigholz
1 Dragoon Kpt
1 Strike Skimmer /w 1 Passenger

Hostages:

Dragoon Kpt
Squad of Mounted Hussars

I calculated wrong, for in my calculation I was to free the hostages with the Skimmer-passenger. I had one action less than I neede to free them...

As Enker described it.

I eradicated  his Paras and he had to maneuver his Orcas to the front.
I didnīt want to be crnched by them and massed Dragoon-firepower to their line of march.
And the lucky third one had no real defense, but didīnt give any targets as well.

But withstanding the Bauhaus horizon of fire and then to hold against the attacking Hachiman and the battlewalkers wasnīt possible.
Solus honor cladem avertat !