Author Topic: Facing for open chassis vehicles  (Read 6747 times)

Offline Pollo

Facing for open chassis vehicles
« on: March 02, 2010, 02:41:13 AM »
Pollo's question number 6:

Open chassis vehicles have a Front Facing of 360°. Does it mean that they do not have a Rear Facing? And so, that they never take extra damage from AV weapons shot from back?

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
Re: Facing for open chassis vehicles
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 03:58:09 AM »
Pollo what edition are your questions for?
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline Lopis

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2010, 02:35:46 PM »
Yes, by the rules of UWZ you would be right, even if I think that that would be a typo ( doesnīt seem right).

But on the other thing is trhat I canīt remeber seeing the chassis-types in the vehicle descriptions, so you would have to find an agreement with your group anyway....
Solus honor cladem avertat !

Offline Pollo

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2010, 05:04:28 PM »
Pollo what edition are your questions for?
Well, after five other questions, should I still specify?  :D  I thought that questions on this forum regard UWZ by default! :)

Anyway, the chassis configurations of vehicles seem pretty clear by their own structure. APCs, Hurricane, TA-6500 and EDD have certainly closed chassis, and I would include Strike Skimmer and Mekas too. All others vehicles have open chassis.

Offline Lopis

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2010, 12:37:49 PM »
Anyway, the chassis configurations of vehicles seem pretty clear by their own structure. APCs, Hurricane, TA-6500 and EDD have certainly closed chassis, and I would include Strike Skimmer and Mekas too. All others vehicles have open chassis.

See, i would define the chassis type on very different reasons....

For me it makes by the description only sense, that the only "open" chassis are the ones that are not closed around the structure itself. I would say that anything that hinders movement and flexibility of driver and vehicle leads to a "hindered" or better limited facing.
I would say the bikes (Pegasi, Divine Wrath) are open in structure ( the driver can see what comes and is pretty flexible).
Near to that are the Necromowers and Fenris Bikes, basically framework with pitch and paper; and the Fenris is even allowed to attack in melee.
Orcas are closed in my opinion.
battlewalker would be argueable as would Great Greys and Purple sharks be; just compare new and old models.....

Thatīs why I think you should find a solution within your group. The rules donīt cover this part I think.

--> Or you can just adapt the rule that AV-rating is deduced anytime you draw LOS from the back of the vehicle, e.g. a 90° arc measured from the middle of the back of the vehicle.
MAkes life easier in this case than debating about the rules that arenīt specific in this part ;-)

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2010, 01:43:48 PM »
The AV rating is always deducted when shooting at vehicales, its' the extra dam that is in question. IMHO all models have a front and back. If a great gray is firing at a model and a model with an AV weapon was directly behind the GG I would count that as shooting at it's rear. Basicly whatever you and your opponent agree to before the game starts.
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline Lopis

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2010, 01:55:34 PM »
its' the extra dam that is in question

Yeah, thatīs what I meant ;-)

Offline Pollo

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2010, 06:14:43 PM »
See, i would define the chassis type on very different reasons....
[...]
Orcas are closed in my opinion.

It is more intuitive to classify as closed chassis those structures that completely surrounds the driver (and/or passengers) or whatever is driving the vehicle. It is hard to define an Orca as a closed vehicle!

Vehicles' descriptions in 1st and 2nd edition of Warzone follow the idea I have exposed. So far, they are the best way to classify vehicles.
The Strike Skimmer is described as open in 2nd edition. I have classified it as closed before.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 06:39:39 PM by Pollo »

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2010, 08:41:39 PM »
The Orca's a closed vehicle that can have an optional rider.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline Lopis

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2010, 08:42:54 AM »
It is more intuitive to classify as closed chassis those structures that completely surrounds the driver (and/or passengers) or whatever is driving the vehicle. It is hard to define an Orca as a closed vehicle!

The Orcas follow you explicit description. The guy on the model is the optional rider, the driver is in the vehicle itself.

Offline Pollo

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2010, 11:17:27 AM »
Whoops! I did not read the fluff descriptions of Orcas, sorry!  ::) I have based my opinion on its appearance only!

(Man, poor driver! It should be really tight inside there!!)