Author Topic: Tanks and points?  (Read 3814 times)

Offline Murk

Tanks and points?
« on: February 04, 2010, 02:15:51 PM »
I am aware that tanks are a controvertial issue among warzone gamers, but we want to include them nontheless, but there are some issues regarding the few existing rules.
We noticed the rules for tanks and other veichles on the http://www.timewarpcomics.com/gamesite/warzone/index.htm site and wanted to include them. They do seem somewaht flawed as the point cosst of weaponry vary drastically from faction to faction. For example the bauhuas cobra cost far less than the capitol desert fox and has a huge weapon capacity in comparison. And as gunpower is by far the most important treat of a veichle we decided to add 100 pts to the cobra to level it up against the price of the desert fox. How do you think this sounds? The bauhuas player was a bit reluctant to this suggestion since it was the first time it was tested. The tank survived for 3 out of 5 turns since it was target to much attention. Have anyone here some good suggestions to the leveling of the tank point cost and weaponry? Does the variation in point cost come from the adaptation to each specific army and its specialities? Exs: The capitol forces have a more expencive tank due to air superiority and bauhaus has a more solid and cheap veichle garage due to their ground focus?

Thanks in advance for any answers. And yes, I have read all the threads regarding tanks in this forum, but din`t get any wiser.

We are palying by the first edition rules btw.

Cheers from Vladograd.

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
Re: Tanks and points?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 02:48:07 PM »
Your forgeting the desert fox has 3 more wounds, thats the main differerance in the point cost. As far as using tanks it's up to you and your opponent. The game was never meant to use tanks and if you ever saw the tables we use that are loaded with scenery the large tanks would be useless.
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline Murk

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2010, 03:49:23 AM »
Yes, but three wounds is not that relevant as it could be easily nailed and immobilised by any wound it recieves. And an amroured box without firepower seems rather useless to me. Its even manned by 7 crewmembers compared to the cobras 4. It has also light machineguns instead of heavy and can only fire its cannon every second action, so it would be extremely hard to make up for that point cost. If i invest 400 pts in a tank it should be able to take out roughly 400 pts. I compare it to the cobra here, wich has a way better potential for success.

« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 04:01:35 AM by Murk »

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2010, 05:02:29 AM »
You asked a question and I answered it. This topic was beat to death before. If you want to use tanks then use them however you wish. ;)
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline Murk

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2010, 05:07:23 AM »
Yeah, i guess we will figure it out.

:) Thanks anyway.