Author Topic: Von Koss's project log  (Read 86643 times)

Offline Von Koss

Re: Von Koss's project log
« Reply #180 on: November 27, 2010, 01:43:34 PM »
It's been way too long... so let's get to it.

More reinforcements for my Sons of Kronos are underway along with some Dark Star warriors for my Dark Tusks which didn't approve of a photo being taken until they were "presentable" (i.e.    I was too lazy to take a pic of them).

I hope *crosses fingers* that I will be able to paint/post more now that things have slowed down in my life.  :)
« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 01:50:45 PM by Von Koss »
Total models painted for the year 2011: 14

<The Goal: exceed 534 painted models in one year>
*End Date: Dec. 25th 2011*
2010- 294 (fail)

Offline Von Koss

« Reply #181 on: December 27, 2010, 10:02:41 AM »
Well another year is almost lost to the winds of time.  I sit here and think of all the things that have happened this year and it seems like more bad than good has happened.  I think of my family and friends with their hardships and realize that I have really been fortunate.  I have no right to complain or despair.  Bad years can be hard on each of us but they come and they go.  I've started to finally understand that the important thing to remember about bad years is that "they go" eventually. 

I am excited for the new year.  I know it's just a new label for a time frame but something about this upcoming year of 2011 seems different to me. 

I wish each of you a better year this time around and hope that so many good things happen this year to you that it will be remembered as one of those "better years" or "the good' ol days".  I know we all could use some good times right about now.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

2010- 294 (fail)

Offline Alxbates

« Reply #182 on: December 27, 2010, 10:59:59 AM »
I share all of your sentiments, Von Koss.  Happy New Year to you, too!

-Alex in Alaska
Wan Chew Tree Faw!

Offline Von Koss

« Reply #183 on: June 06, 2011, 07:37:54 PM »
Well now, talk about Life having ya by the "short-hairs"...it has been way too long since I've updated my project log so let's get this Chronopia log back on track.

First up is that unit of Dwarven Dark-Tusk "Dark Stars" that have finally seen the attention of the paint brush.  It's about time too...these guys have been sitting around for awhile now half finished.  There is no reason these guys should have not been finished long ago because the sculpts are so good the paint just seems to "know where to go".  There are plenty of places to fit your army's paint scheme on these models and despite my laziness; I really enjoyed finishing these guys off.  Anyway, here they are...

Now here is a little something that I stumbled onto while surfing Ebay scouting for a deal...

These guys are "Elemental Walls" from the pre-painted D&D miniatures line.  I have an Elven Obsidian Serpent army on the back log and I was checking out their Lotus-eater spells and saw the "Crusher" summoning spell and thought "Now there is a mini that will fill the role of the Crusher just perfect."  I will say that the model is on (in my opinion) an appropriate base for either edition as is and is a complete joy to paint up...especially if your into the whole "over-brush" or "dry-brush" painting method.  Cheap, cheap model, so you might want to look in on picking one up if you run an Obsidian Serpent army.

Anyway, it's good to be back.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 07:39:43 PM by Von Koss »

2010- 294 (fail)