Author Topic: Single piece v. Multi-part models  (Read 10379 times)

Offline semai99

Re: Single piece v. Multi-part models
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2006, 02:42:32 PM »
Also one advantage of muti-piece figures is if the arms are seperate EE can scuplt a couple of body variants and with the attached arms you can have all the squad weapon variants even more flexable would be seperate torso and legs so you could position the body at different angles.

One thing I would like with mounted figures would be to have the riders legs attached to the mount and the torso arms seperate this stops that  anoying gap between the rider and the saddle also they would be less prone to falling off. What does everyone think of that idea? 
I came, I saw, I ran away

Offline Gallagher_Standard_Barer

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2006, 03:03:52 PM »
I agree with you about mounted troopers, and I think thats the general way we're going to see EE go with its sculpts, check out the on the workbench section for the chronopia catalog and you will see that at least the next mounted unit for Chrono has the riders lower body attached to the mount.

If I remember something that was said a while back the Inheritor cavelry will be one peice models so no need to worry about that problem there.

Timthetekron

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2006, 06:19:36 PM »
...Multi-piece all the way. (If their done right, that is the time is taken to make sure everything not only fits together nicely but also will all look good when those parts are all put together). It needs to happen with Warzone figs ...imagine muti-pose Karnophages, undead Legionnaires,ect. The Tekron Warmaster has alot of parts but it all pays off with the posability you can get and is a great example.

If your interested in trying, (and don't be put off by thinking it's only something sculptors are capable of using), is getting hold of some Knead-a-tight (blue/green) and use that to secure all your multi-pieces. It may sound like a bad idea but I can tell you it works better than anything I've tried...the reason is after it's mixed it becomes very tacky and great for adhering pieces together. Also, once cured it is abit flexible so it takes any "shock" damage alot better than if the pieces were secured with crazyglue. Also you have a good hour or so before it sets so you can have plenty of time to tweak/ reposition  a pose. You can also use it to fill in any gaps or seams between parts after it's cured. This is a great way to eventually get into customising a mini by adding your own things to it. Then take it further and get some armitures and get to sculpting a piece from the ground up.