Author Topic: Stealth, stalk and unit cards as false leads  (Read 3917 times)

Offline micmellon

Stealth, stalk and unit cards as false leads
« on: November 13, 2009, 11:51:02 AM »
I think almost everything regarding unit cards and stealth and stalk is already clarified but I could not find anything about the spotting of units cards (false leads) which are presenting hidden (stealth and stalk) units.

In normal cases I have to be only in LD distance plus LOS to uncover a unit card.
In the case the unit is a real hidden unit I have to do a spot check to uncover them.

So far so good but is it necessary to make a spot check to uncover a false lead which presents a hidden unit or is it enough to have LOS plus to be in LD distance?
It's just a flesh wound - Black Night

Offline luckyone

• Member Emeritus
Re: Stealth, stalk and unit cards as false leads
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2009, 12:06:56 PM »
I think almost everything regarding unit cards and stealth and stalk is already clarified but I could not find anything about the spotting of units cards (false leads) which are presenting hidden (stealth and stalk) units.

In normal cases I have to be only in LD distance plus LOS to uncover a unit card.
In the case the unit is a real hidden unit I have to do a spot check to uncover them.

So far so good but is it necessary to make a spot check to uncover a false lead which presents a hidden unit or is it enough to have LOS plus to be in LD distance?

Good question. This is not an official answer but this comes up alot around here since we typicaly use cards for deployment.

You have to be within LD to spot a model/card. We all know that of course. If you attempt to spot to uncover a false lead card you merely announce you are attempting to spot the card/unit to your opponenet. If it is within your leadership (minus any modifiers of course) the card is revealed as a false lead an no action is wasted.

If it is not a false lead, normal modifiers apply and a roll is required. Thus an action is spent.

Basically:

No roll to spot = no action spent in spotting.
A roll is performed to spot = action is spent in spotting.

Hope this clears things up.

Always look out for number one, but don't step in number two.
What do you mean Flash Gordon approaching? OPEN FIRE!
The entire Capitol Army.
Don't ever say anything but a 20 before rolling the dice.

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2009, 03:16:20 PM »

A declaration must be made to attempt to spot the hidden unit.  If it is a False Lead, and is within LD distance, the card is removed, and no Action is spent.  Does this clear it up?
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline micmellon

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2009, 03:20:32 AM »
Thx for the fast response!
It's just a flesh wound - Black Night