Author Topic: Help Archer Save His Figs  (Read 4851 times)

Offline warzoneD

• Member Emeritus
  • Ad Astra Per Aspera
Help Archer Save His Figs
« on: September 22, 2009, 12:13:35 AM »
I don't know Archer personally - but I just read his post - and I guess he's decided to unwillingly part with his minis - As all of us on this forum know, our armies, esp. our painted ones are precious to us (if for no other reason than their sentimental value). 

Maybe if everyone on here chipped in 10-20 bucks (what I imagine the total value of selling an army on here would garner), he could keep them???

Just an idea--

D

Offline Nighthawk

Re: Help Archer Save His Figs
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2009, 12:09:07 PM »
I'm down for $20. No problem!

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2009, 04:23:36 PM »
I contacted Archer last night and am waiting for him to respond if he would like to have his figs held for him or if he is determined to sell. I received a PM from him but the answer was vague. Once he gives a definitive answer we should act in accordance with his wishes. If he wants to save them then by all means lets join together to accomplish it.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2009, 05:47:05 PM »
Fellas...

As much as I would want to keep them, they have not been used in army form more than twice in 12  years ( do not count the lone scenario game I ran at a Dexcon in this).  It's time to them go and with my financial situation, it makes sense to do so... 

I listed them here because I know that who ever buys them from me here will use them and give them a good home.  I have been contacted about the unpainted blister of Wolfheads already and one of the rockets for them and once I finalize that sale, I'll be pulling the list.

Please, take a look at the list and if you are interested in a picture, I can send you one.  All except one unit of old hussars and the JK's are in Bauhaus Traditional colors.

John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline luckyone

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2009, 05:58:05 AM »
We respect your wishes and all have been there. Thank you for posting here first.

Always look out for number one, but don't step in number two.
What do you mean Flash Gordon approaching? OPEN FIRE!
The entire Capitol Army.
Don't ever say anything but a 20 before rolling the dice.

Offline Warlord

• THE WAY IS FORWARD!
    • 28mm World War II Wargaming at its finest...
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2009, 05:45:12 AM »
Archer

I dont know know most of you but plan to because we all share a love for a game.

With that said I just want to share with you  that I had a HUGE Warzone / Chronopia collection (some 5000 plus miniatures) years ago right before the fall, my boys and I played quite a bit. I got into a finicial jam and I sold it all of to pay for bills - sigh.

I have to say out of all the stuff I sold then I regret that one the most, we love the game and now the minis are so hard to come by that we spend half our time hunting them down. So as a fellow Warzone gamer just make sure you want to do it man. There may be other options...

Good luck in what ever you decide.

Just my thought
www.precisionmodeldesigns.com
www.Battlemart.com

Offline Lopis

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2009, 12:43:16 AM »
IŽd help out too.

But if parting with the figs is wished IŽd like to take some of them to a good home.
Solus honor cladem avertat !