Author Topic: In Theory Unit: Militia Kaptain  (Read 5743 times)

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
In Theory Unit: Militia Kaptain
« on: September 12, 2009, 05:19:00 PM »
Looking in my Warzone book the other day, I got to thinking about an all Militia force.  Kinda a crazy idea but with the Haus, the Militia really is the best basic trooper in the game with the best damaging rifle.

In looking at the list, I realized that the only non-linked model for leadership is the Kommandant.  While he is not a bad unit to take, I was think "What if it was a remote garrison, manned only by the Locals doing their required service time under arms?  Would a Kommandant be the man in charge?  And would he go out for every po-dunk battle?"

With that in mind, I started playing with numbers and such in my mind and came up wit hthe following.  Mind you, it is sooooooooooooo not tested by any means and I have not properly crunched numbers at all for it.

Ducal Militia Captain.
Individual Officer Squad Linked

cc 8 rc 8 pw 4 LD 11 Ac 3 Wd 1 St 4 Mv 4 AR 19 Sz 2 Points 22

weapons: HG12 pistol, Captain's Sabre (treat as punisher blade)
Abilities: Tactical Sense, Unit Commander

Is he all that and a bag of chips? No.  But I can see him out there leading the local Militia, hoping to hold the line until the Parish Hussar Regiment can show up....
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
Re: In Theory Unit: Militia Kaptain
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2009, 05:08:28 AM »
A good one for consideration when one thinks about how many more ducal militia models there are out there compared to even the old hussar figures.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2009, 08:08:19 AM »
Thanks.

And the existing Millitia Sgt model (pistol fig. :) ) is what he's designed around.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, 05:58:02 AM »
Ironically, I have a ton of them and only a couple of the (cruelly deformed) pewter sergeants.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2009, 06:58:31 AM »
Ironically, I have a ton of them and only a couple of the (cruelly deformed) pewter sergeants.

I don't have any of the pewter ones.... just about twenty unpainted riflemen and like three sergeants left.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Tradition."