Author Topic: Arcane Legions  (Read 5546 times)

Offline Glenn M

Arcane Legions
« on: August 17, 2009, 03:23:39 PM »
Has anyone managed to demo this game, if so, how's it play, it looks pretty good in the videos. 

I am going to try to finangle myself a store to get a demo set in.  But there aren't many pickings around.

http://www.arcanelegions.com/

Thanks,
Glenn

Offline Rorik36

• Journeyman
  • Michigan Crusader
Re: Arcane Legions
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2009, 05:50:07 AM »
I played in two of the tournaments and Maverickman was demoing it all 4 days.

Pretty strait forward.  Based on what formation you have you get different abilities.  Change your figures into a more "Move" formation and you get to move farther.  Then change into a attack formation for more dice in attack.  Attacks compare the attack and defense dice of the stands, removing one figure for each side that wins.

Very simple.  The figures are nothing special but the price isn't bad.  You can pickup a bundle of boosters (eight of them) that will give you one (or more) of each non-common figure.  You will still want to pick up more because multiple of some units are desired.  The infantry and mounted boxes are non-random so the only "collectible" part is the boosters.

I like it.  I got unlucky and after getting 16 boosters I am still missing one unit, but I was not able to get a bundle so I was just picking boosters at random.
---------------------------------------------------------
Rules are only useful to tell you what your opponent won't do. - Casey and Andy