Author Topic: Huricane Walker  (Read 5940 times)

Offline nico*le*clodo

Huricane Walker
« on: July 13, 2009, 07:55:16 AM »
So I finally got a very used Hurricane Walker through ebay, but as said there were some pieces missing, therefor I would need some close up pictures to try and make replacements out of milliput.

I'm missing the flags, the 3 pipes ans 2 half-moon elements that seem to represent a airsuction point. I have no idea where those two pieces needed to go.

For the flags I could use a close-up picture to be sure of general size, but this is the least of my problems.

I would need:

- a close-up of the 3 pipe exhaust at the back of the mini (but I mean really close, it needs to be clear enough to try and make a copy of it, so make sure there is enough lighting! ^^)
- a close-up of the back of the hurricane walker, especially the part underneath the entrance hatch, if possible a picture from both sides and the back.
- if possible a close-up of the front, I would like to see a bit clearer the air suctions at the front, they seem a bit damaged and I think Ill need to do some work over those too

Tx in advance for the help
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 10:35:01 AM by nico*le*clodo »

Offline Von Koss

Re: Huricane Walker
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2009, 09:06:32 AM »
I hope this helps...at least to get you started.  I can take more if you need them later. Cheers!

underbelly of the walker as if you were under it looking up

I know you wanted to see it from the sides as well but I missed that part in your opening thread, will get a shot from the sides for you later.

Not sure if this is the flag you are talking about so I threw it in as well

I took these just in case you did not have them (I know if your gonna purchase a walker on ebay your gonna know what the book pictures look like... but hey, just in case right :)
I don't have the pipes for my walkers >:( so I can't really help there.
Total models painted for the year 2011: 14

<The Goal: exceed 534 painted models in one year>
*End Date: Dec. 25th 2011*
2010- 294 (fail)

Offline Nighthawk

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2009, 06:08:40 AM »
I think the flag with the Imperial logo is from their Necromower.

I have no count on how many times I've had to reglue the flags on my Walkers. And the 3 pipes aren't that important... If I didn't have them I would just have filled the holes with green stuff. The halfmoon pieces should be easy to make with green stuff as well. :)

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2009, 07:41:28 AM »
Frankly I probably won't even put flags on mine; too much of a pain in the keister.  If I do, it will be print outs on brass rods rather than the ones they provided.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline starwarior

• Journeyman
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2009, 11:17:35 PM »
This is all parts of Huricane Walker

Offline nico*le*clodo

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2009, 01:51:18 AM »
Ok tx everyone, that was very helpfull. Especially the picture of the back, I'm missing that falf-moon thing, but shouldn't be too hard to replace.

If that works out well, I'll try to fimo myself a dragonbike. ^^