Author Topic: Cannons...  (Read 3737 times)

Offline Bagomba

• Journeyman
Cannons...
« on: July 09, 2009, 04:27:50 AM »
Hi,

quick question about cannons.... are they direct or indirect fire ? stands nothing so they should be direct fire but when i look at the unholy cannonade and the picture of the arashi Field attillery i think they fire more indirect.... but maybe i think to much  :)
They are in front of me, beside and behind me....
They canīt escape
ATTTAAACK !!!!!

Offline Lopis

Re: Cannons...
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2009, 12:54:19 PM »
since they have all spotters and are massivrely oversized versions of the applicable Mortars...

--> indirect
Solus honor cladem avertat !

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
Re: Cannons...
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2009, 03:21:59 PM »
Spotters are not, by default, Forward Observers.  They are, merely, another team member for the weapon.  They serve no other purpose, at this time.

I believe that Cannons are Direct Fire weapons, as they are listed (In Section 19 - Weapons and Equipment, p.120) in Subsection 21.4 - Heavy Guns (p. 133).  They are not listed in Subsection 21.5 - Launched Weapons, which are, by definition, Indirect Fire weapons.

As a fluff note, the Unholy Carronade is described as firing a "bolt of Symmetry."  I know of no bolts that follow arching paths to their targets. 

Arashis are designed for the caverns of Mercury; can't be a lot of overhead open space for indirect fire, there.

;)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 03:24:00 PM by dmcgee1 »
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!