Author Topic: KULT  (Read 6663 times)

Offline pinksuezo

KULT
« on: September 02, 2009, 01:23:53 AM »
ahoy hoy. i was reading about the Kult RPG by Target Games on wikipedia and it mentions that nepharites and razides come from the world of KULT.  I was wondering if anyone here who has played the Kult rpg would be so kind as to explain (if they remember) what nephs and razides are like in Kult, and if they are very different or not from the WZ ones we all know and love. thanks.
REPORT HERESY. IT'S YOUR DUTY.

In Nomine Cardinalis

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
Re: KULT
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2009, 03:09:26 AM »
If I understand it, they were far mor bad@ss in Kult than they are in Warzone.  Not to say they don't kick but in Warzone, but at least you are fighting them with heavy weapons and the like.  I Kult you were pretty much screwed.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline pinksuezo

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2009, 07:53:21 AM »
thanks, but i was also wondering if they looked the same as the ones we know, or if they were completely different beings with just the same name?

In Nomine Cardinalis

Offline Coil

• Board Member- First Crusader
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2009, 08:36:56 AM »
It's been a while since I looked in the Kult book but what I can remember is that they could take many different forms.

Offline Coil

• Board Member- First Crusader
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2009, 11:50:19 AM »
I asked my old Kult GM who is quite active on the Kult Forums. Here's what he said (translated by me)

Ah, the perfect question for me.

Let us begin with the nepharite. In Kult the nepharite is a creature closely linked to humans, they torment us when we die in our own personal realms of death (unless you are a believer, then you can end up in heaven or hell).  It is under discussion whether they enjoy torturing humans or if they suffer along with us, but noone knows for sure.

Picture of a nepharite
Nepharite drawn by( !mpact on the forum)

Probably a nepharite

Nepharites know the dark arts, that is they have the power to change time and space. The magical powers are not that similar to the powers in Warzone (if i remember correctly). Their appearance is of course hidden by the Veil. They often exhibit physical wounds. Their bodies have open wounds and chains keep their bodies in one piece. Their own pain is in symbiosis with the humans they torment.

Razides are quite different in Kult. In Warzone they are mountains of steroid enahnced muscle with huge weapons spreading death on the battlefield. In Kult these monsters are tall humanoids walking slightly hunched. Their heads are often somewhat metallic and their bodily fluids pump through tubes under or outside the skin.

But just like nepharites their appearance is also hidden by the Veil. While nepahrites often let their true nature show, razides tend to work more in human form. Though you may start suspecting something when you shoot them for the fourth time in the chest in human form.

From the top of my head without having consulted the books. Hope it helps.

Offline pinksuezo

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2009, 06:50:16 PM »
awesome. thank you and please thank your friend for me.

In Nomine Cardinalis

Offline Alpha

• FAQ Team
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2009, 08:18:41 AM »
I have almost all of the Kult products - even the rare 2nd ed of the game. There is definitely overlap (which is what got me interested), but the creatures are not "the same" by any stretch.
Let me know if there are some specifics you want.....I'll haul the books out and take a look.

As far as the game itself, it was very very VERY dark. That said, I enjoyed it every time I played. I never actually ran this one...just incorporated some of it's ideas into my Mutant Chronicles game since I ran that with a "Lovecraft meets the X-Files" sort of flavor.
Arch Nemesis of the Pathetically Correct
Ebay Handle: Alpha-Male