Author Topic: my first building  (Read 5418 times)

Offline GRgeo

my first building
« on: July 16, 2009, 02:13:15 AM »
I made this with afrolex and a lot of paint

vermin apc handmade

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
Re: my first building
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2009, 03:05:29 AM »
Nice ruins!
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline luckyone

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2009, 05:40:30 AM »
That will work. Try to paint with some texture - add sand/small gravel to paint. Looks good btw.
Always look out for number one, but don't step in number two.
What do you mean Flash Gordon approaching? OPEN FIRE!
The entire Capitol Army.
Don't ever say anything but a 20 before rolling the dice.

Offline Von Koss

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2009, 06:20:10 AM »
That will work. Try to paint with some texture - add sand/small gravel to paint. Looks good btw.

Luckyone is right on target.

You have a very nice looking piece of terrain.  Please allow us to push your hobby skills a little further...
Paint it black with a big brush...be sloppy with it ... make sure to coat it good and thorough.  DON'T spray it black because the spray will destroy the foam.  Wait for it to dry.
Water down some "white" glue (I use Elmer's glue and some call it PVA glue) and get you a small "house painting" brush with soft bristles.  "Paint" on the water/white glue mix all over the stone areas as well as the "ground".  Sprinkle on some fine sand and shake off any that did not stick.  Repeat with any spots that did not "grab" the sand after the glue/sand mix has dried.  After everything is dry, spray it black or grey, let dry and then paint to your preference. 

Your on to some nice looking terrain and it would be a shame to stop right now as your piece is starting to take shape.  Go on and give your hobby skills a stretch, you never know...making terrain may become your next favorite hobby. :)

You should also try the sand on the bases of your minis using a cheap soft bristle <small> painting brush.  Paint them in your favorite urban rubble terrain scheme and your troopers are ready to bring the fight to the enemy.

Nice tank by the way...and the Imperial Trencher models are going to get me into Warzone if I'm not careful enough.

Total models painted for the year 2011: 14

<The Goal: exceed 534 painted models in one year>
*End Date: Dec. 25th 2011*
2010- 294 (fail)

Offline GRgeo

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2009, 06:57:00 AM »
thanks for the advise.