Author Topic: BATTLE AT THE LAVA FIELDS OF BON-KHUR FOR THE LIVNG DRAGON HEART OF THE MAD SE  (Read 9011 times)

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
  • THE ALLATLOH of ROCK n' ROLLA
BATTLE  AT  THE LAVA FIELDS OF BON-KHUR FOR THE LIVNG DRAGON HEART OF THE MAD SEER

"Such power..."
                    -Orgre Elite warrior

"Winds of fortune blow in our favor, such power belongs in goblin hands"
                                                                  -GobloKhan                                         

"Black Blood would make fine slaves"
                             -elven Obsidian lord when hosting a dinner party

Set up: orange table cloth (lava) in the center a island with tower (on top the dragon heart)
On each of the four corners a major piece of terrain everywhere else islands of various size most creating paths 0 to 2” apart, few bridges building or two.
Imagine a town with flooded with lava.

Scenario: run to the tower grab the heart run back to your deployment zone.
Armies start at one the 4 corners.
Beginning of the turn roll d20 16 and up roll a D20 using the scatter rules, from the center towers, inches equal to the number rolled. Measure out that point if it lands on a piece of terrain it sinks into the lava. Models on wait can try to dive for cover to neighboring island if close enough.
The four corners and the center piece can not sink. 

Armies: I played this twice once with….
Dan’s Orcs: orc guards,  Assault orcs, mounted orc, death seeker, orger elites

2nd game Jakes Obsidian Elves: caster, flying dragon, dragon scout, spearmen, golem, archers.

My army BB Goblins, Goblin myrmidon, goblin archers, goblin spear men, crimson blades, sword masters, ripper beast archers.

1st battle:

Act one:
Dan splits his forces to his right the death seeker and the orger elites
To his left everything else.
Goblins also split. To my right archers, unit of crimson blades and ripper beast. To my left everyone else

Highlights
ORCS: disaster strikes. Death seeker leaping between islands fails his running leap roll falls into the lava.

Goblins: army races forward…..ripper beast hauling ass to the tower jumping between the rocks.

Act2: forces gather at the tower….goblins make a mad play for the heart.
Highlights
Goblins: Ripper beast make it too the tower one of them grabs the heart. Orger races up the tower blocks their way down and charges the one holding the heart The Rider toss the heart to the other rider who in turn running leaps off the tower (7” high) onto a near by island. Dies on the landing but the Goblin Myrmidon is there to grab the heart and run.

G. archers fire arrows killing a few, wounding others.

ORCS: seeing the goblins make a run for it the orcs send everything and kitchen stink after the heart….leading the charge is the mounted Orc. It charges the Goblin myrmidon and after a few turns kills it. In turn it dies to hoard of goblin spearmen. A spearman grabs the heart and tries to make a run for it only to get hack down by orc guards who in turn get hack down by sword masters.

ACT 3:
When all is said a done their was only the sword master holding the heart. He makes a run for it. At exactly 30” away the Assault Orc takes “Hail Mary” shoot…..hits and kills the goblin sword master ( I hateeeeee assault orcs so much). With that we called it.
Orcs win.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With the Elves this time.

ACT ONE:

Elves: Divides his forces, sends swordsmen to his left, everything else to his right.
Dragon scout takes lead jumping between the small islands taking shoots at the goblins
Major island in swordsmen path sinks forcing them to re-rout ( buying the goblins some time)

Goblins: I send the spearmen to my left to prevent the dragon scout from out flanking me and getting a easy run to rear of my forces. Every one else moves forward…rippers taking the lead. Lost a few unit leaders and nearly a unit of crimson blades do to falling into lava

ACT 2:
Elves: they summon the A. Golem. They send everyone to the tower. holding the line against them is one determine goblin myrmidon.
Dragon scout stops his advance as he doesn’t want to deal with goblin spearmen. He re-routs instead to deal with the ripper beast.

Goblins: the rippers make it to tower before anyone and make a run for it. Dragon scout giving chase, shooting arrows along the way.
I learn Goblin Myrmidons hate elves…..this beast begin killing every blessed elf with in reach.
It killed the flying dragon rider, Golem, spearmen, archers, swordsmen.  It began to rampage and only thing in its bloody sight was the caster….

ACT 3:

Rippers make it to the deployment zone.
The caster summons a new golem just in time to kill the Myrmidon.
We called it.
Goblin win.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 04:51:13 AM by masherking »
Goddamn! its good to be the MasherKing.
home: New Jersey
E-bay: Johny_wonderful

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
I need to play some Chronopia with you guys soon.  It sounds like an absolute blast.
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
  • THE ALLATLOH of ROCK n' ROLLA
It was alot of fun.
funny thing now because of all these new armies I gotta learn the rules I never had to bother with before.
special weapons, summoning, jumping rules, special rules for units.....its like learning the game all over again.
Goddamn! its good to be the MasherKing.
home: New Jersey
E-bay: Johny_wonderful

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
Never gets old!!
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA