Author Topic: EPIC BATTLE OF CASTLE AWESOME batrep  (Read 9377 times)

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
  • THE ALLATLOH of ROCK n' ROLLA
EPIC BATTLE OF CASTLE AWESOME batrep
« on: June 01, 2009, 10:42:10 AM »
“AWESOME WARRIORS CHARGE!!!”
                                       -FirstBorn of Castle AWESOME battle cry

“By Tonight all that is AWESOME shall belong to US!!!”
                                                        -BlackBlood  pledge before the battle

“When Sun Rises We Shall be Feasting on AWESOMEs corpse!”
                                    -Stygian promise

Played in huge 3 way game a 1000 pts each army.

ARMIES:

Steve (me) Stygian: Priestess, Embalmed, T. Crawler, 3 units of  Axe warriors

Brian FirstBorn: Replusor Knight, Marksmen, Judge, Macemen, Swordsmen, archers, Crossbowmen

Dan BlackBlood: Death Seeker Troll, troll,  Alchemist, Assault Orcs, Orc archers, Orc Swordsmen.

Terrain: ruins of Castle AWESOME!!!
Table and a half of sprawling Ruins:  Multi-story burning buildings, catwalks,  Large Rock outcroppings, Giant Castle and running industrial piping though out the table.

Its was a large battle that took several hours to play (time flew by) I’ll break it down to 3 Acts with event highlights

ACT ONE

We setup:
I start at the short end of a long table. On my side lots of multi-story ruins and catwalks. At the far end the castle.
To my right Dan.  To my left Brian.
Early in the game Brian and Dan make a mad dash for the castle (way too far me at this point). Dan Proclaiming  “Dudes I’m so going for the castle…damn it!!” and to back it up sends a unit of archers, the Alchemist, and a Troll to go climb the castle walls. He leaves a the assault orcs, troll and Orc Swordsmen on the ground.
Brian cant let Dan’s Blaze’n grab for the castle to go unanswered. He sends the replusor knight, Swordsmen to climb the castle walls on the opposite end (from dan) to contest the castle. He then sets up a archer unit on the tower roof, has his macemen back by the judge stay on the ground. The Marksmen runs off to find a sniper perch (it does).
I send unit of axe warriors, embalmed and priestess to run across the catwalk and rooftops. On ground level 2 units of axe warriors charge forward. The T. Crawler stays underground and moves forward. 

ACT ONE HIGHLIGHTS:
FirstBorn:
The marksman snipes some axe warriors.
The FB archers Hail of arrows some Axe warriors
The Knight and swordsmen make it to the castle roof.
Macemen charge forward to meet the Orc swordsmen at the base of the castle.
Judge seeks higher ground as the T. Crawler is getting a little to close.

Stygian:
Embalmed, and rooftop axe warriors make it to ground level (and cover).
Priestess Sandstorms the FB archers to provide some cover for the Axewarriors then sneaks arcoss the catwalk.
One unit of Axe warriors runs forward into cover the other run to my right into a building to hide.
T. Crawler moves forward.

Blackbloods:
Troll climbs to highest point on the roof and moves forward to meet the FB on the other side.
Alchemist sneaks forward drops a firebomb the FB on the other side of  the castle roof
Archers tried to Hail of Arrows the FB but the only thing they can see is The knight …cant target individuals so they go wait instead.
Assault Orcs slowy move forward.
Troll on the ground moves towards the Stygian hiding in the building.
Orc swordmen duke it with FB macemen

We all lost models due to falling damage  ::)

coming soon
ACT 2
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 04:24:48 AM by masherking »
Goddamn! its good to be the MasherKing.
home: New Jersey
E-bay: Johny_wonderful

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
Re: EPIC BATTLE OF CASTLE AWESOME batrep
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 11:40:27 AM »
Blood.  Bath.  Sounds great!
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 12:34:20 PM »
ACT 2   

This is where “poop hits the fan”.
The battle rages on the castle roof top between FB and the BB
Stygian surge forward joining the ground battle in 3 way orgy of destruction.
Priestess jumps to cover and BB troll goes on killing spree.
The judge Finds his prey wanting.
As the T Crawler turns to its true prey… the Assault Orcs.

ACT 2 HIGLIGHTS.

BLACK BLOOD:
The Troll on ground breaks though the window and Attacks the stygian axe warriors hiding in the building kills them all but takes a few wounds in the process.

Alchemist hurls another firebomb after fighting off a swordsmen 

The Troll standing at highest point on the roof gets caught in the Priestess’s Sandstorm spell (god I love this spell) tries to jump off the roof but deviates in the wrong direction and falls to the roof's lower level nearly landing on The R. Knight who drives for cover.
The Troll takes wounds from the fall but still lives, stands up and kills the prone R.knight

On the ground the Assault Orcs stop their advance and go wait seeing the T. Crawler coming their way.

Orc swordmen kill Stygian and firstborn with equal love.

FIRST BORN:
Marksmen leaves his sniper post to get little closer to the action. Gets caught in a sandstorm for 2 turns

The FB Archers on top the tower hail of arrows the Assault Orcs killing one.

The Rooftop FB Swordmen leader seeing the Knight killed surge forward and destroy the troll with rest of the unit running to put end to the Alchemist and archers.

The Judge seeing the destructive power of the troll on the ground knows it cannot live.
Over a span of 2 turns runs on the piping that spans between the building roof tops jumps down on the troll killing it before it can turn the corner and get some covering fire from the Assault Orcs…….F’n awesome.

Macemen leader rallies killing  BlackBlood Swordsmen and Stygian Axemen with equal joy.

Stygian:

Priestess sneaks between cover (damn marksman) cast sandstorm on the troll and makes a run for cover on ground level.

All the Axe warriors die but take down some Orc swordsmen and Macemen with them.
When all is said done all that’s left is the Macemen leader.

The Embalmed fights the macemen leader killing him. Turns and moves to engage the marksmen…..as soon as the SandStorm blows away that is

T. Crawler moves forward towards the Assault Orcs

ACT 3 to follow. 

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 12:59:14 PM »
ACT 3The wrap up.

Not much left at this point

First Born:
Rooftop Swordmen clear out the remaining Black blood on the roof killing off the Alchemist and Orc Archers.

FB Archers fire on the Assault Orcs.

Marksman kills the priestess as a she makes run for it.

BlackBlood:

Assault Orcs kill the Judge and exchange arrows with the FB archers. They go on wait.

Stygian:

The Embalmed charges the Marksmen…..20’s out (damn!!)

It took the whole bloody game but at last the T. Crawler finally reaches the Assault Orcs and as planned takes a few wounds but kills them all off.

At this point it was 11:30 at night so we called it.
The most points left takes the win.
BB were all dead.
FB had a marksman, 1 or 2 swordmen, 2 archers??
Stygian had T. Crawler, 1 drugged, Embalmed
…STYGIAN WIN!!!!   Yeah me.

It was very very fun game….we all took great joy killing each other.
The Terrain was kick ass (wish I had camera).
Had to make some rule calls on the fly but we sided on the error of “dude that would be awesome”

« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 03:24:49 AM by masherking »

Offline Fremen

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2009, 01:35:37 PM »
That sounds Sweeeeettttt!!!!  Thanks for this batrap...i wish we could see what sounds like some stunning terrain.

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2009, 06:05:28 PM »
That sounds Sweeeeettttt!!!!  Thanks for this batrap...i wish we could see what sounds like some stunning terrain.

it was very sweet.

We used a Single castle set thats about 15" long  6" at its highest point....you see it in the old maplewood thrown thread.
then to the left of the castle a bunch of 40K building sets a few generic open roof buildings. Then we had bridges and piping span across the buildings. some buildings were on single level rock terrain  to very the hight and to have tunnles runing underneath the buildings.
At the store we have buckets of cotton painted like fire with weighted bases we used these as activtion counters and had the scattered around the table to "have the buildings on fire" effect.

I had blast just watching the models run around in it.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 04:37:33 AM by masherking »

Offline Von Koss

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2009, 07:41:36 AM »
Great battle report!  It was very easy to follow and kept me hanging right until the end.  I had daydreams of seeing the Repulsar Knight diving out of the way of the falling Troll and the Alchemist slinging fire bombs all day.  The main thing I took away from this BR is that...the Stygian win...and as you said..."awesome".  I hope you guys do more reports as I really enjoyed following this one.
Total models painted for the year 2011: 14

<The Goal: exceed 534 painted models in one year>
*End Date: Dec. 25th 2011*
2010- 294 (fail)

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2009, 09:32:02 AM »
Great battle report!  It was very easy to follow and kept me hanging right until the end.  I had daydreams of seeing the Repulsar Knight diving out of the way of the falling Troll and the Alchemist slinging fire bombs all day.  The main thing I took away from this BR is that...the Stygian win...and as you said..."awesome".  I hope you guys do more reports as I really enjoyed following this one.

I'm glad you enjoy it.
I also hope I get to post more BatReps.
The best moment for me was watching the Judge run across the pipe to get to the other roof just to jump down and kill the troll.
MVP in my book.

A very close game.
Really glad no one teamed up on the 3rd player but instead beat each other up with equal joy
The 2 new players really enjoy themselves each got an army now so the future is bright for more Chronpia  :)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 11:35:16 AM by masherking »

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2009, 11:32:24 AM »
Applaud button in effect.  I like how you guys game!!
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline luckyone

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2009, 10:25:10 AM »
Sounded awesome! Thanks for the battle rep.
Always look out for number one, but don't step in number two.
What do you mean Flash Gordon approaching? OPEN FIRE!
The entire Capitol Army.
Don't ever say anything but a 20 before rolling the dice.