Author Topic: Worst Job  (Read 10980 times)

Offline Melanieshaman

Re: Worst Job
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2009, 04:04:20 PM »
Gamestop..store manager. 

Really?  I managed a Babbage's (predecessor to Gamestop) for 2 years.

My worst job was only my worst job because I had a micro-managing boss that was only good for brown-nosing and acting like he was still the PR guy.  Still, that job opened my eyes to the rut my life was in and spurred me on to get my Masters...so I could be in the rut I'm currently in!

Sounds painfully familiar.  umm I am pretty sure gamestop and babbages exsisted at the same time..GS bought Babbages out as well as electronics botique

Offline Glenn M

« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2009, 04:22:33 PM »
I work at Wal-mart, nuff said.

Though to be fair, I have a a job.  Better than a lot of people who had "better" ones than me.

Offline Petru5

• Keeping eastern KC an UWZ!!!
    • Conn-Man Games blog
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2009, 08:26:50 PM »
When I worked for Babbage's, they 'merged' with EB, even though Babbage's was financially solvent and EB wasn't (it was more of a buy out on Babbage's part).  Some Babbage's became EBs, while others stayed the same (like my store).  I'm not sure when GS came into the whole Babbage's/EB picture, but we certainly didn't have them where I lived until later.  Still, GS is a straight-up game store, especially when compared to what Babbage's was when it finally 'died'.

Sounds painfully familiar.  umm I am pretty sure gamestop and babbages exsisted at the same time..GS bought Babbages out as well as electronics botique
"Game over, man! Game over!"
-Private Hudson

Offline Ludwig

• Journeyman
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2009, 05:41:20 AM »
I used to work for this gaming company once .... TERRIBLE!  ;D

seriously though, the worst job i've ever had (so far) is working in a cardboard tube factory. yes, cardboard tubes, those things that you see underneath paper towels, shrink wrap, carpets. a whole factory dedicated for that. the worst par was that i was on the recut line - rough cut tubes were loaded into a hopper and cut to exact length - and I didn't even get to do that! I got to stand at the end of a conveyor belt and put them into boxes. did I mention that days were 10 hours?

We also made cardboard corners (pallet shrink corners) and after they realized I was one of the smarter fellows working there, they promoted me to re cuts of these and gave me my own machine! one guy commented that he had never seen a temp promoted so fast. I quit that day.