Author Topic: supporting conventions?  (Read 5726 times)

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
supporting conventions?
« on: June 24, 2009, 09:58:44 AM »
I have some friends in the Maryland Area that run a 2-day (soon to be 3 day) convention called GamerCon.  It generally runs in the April time-frame and is a nice little show.

The organizer has had problems with the 40k crowd- at least with the previous organizer for the 40k games.  I told her that I would look into getting some of the Warzone crew to come in and run stuff... beit scenarios or demo games.

Given our games work great at 500 points and less and on 4x4 tables....  I think we can get some good gaming in, help out a show and perhaps bring more into the fold.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline luckyone

• Member Emeritus
Re: supporting conventions?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2009, 11:47:26 AM »
I have some friends in the Maryland Area that run a 2-day (soon to be 3 day) convention called GamerCon.  It generally runs in the April time-frame and is a nice little show.

The organizer has had problems with the 40k crowd- at least with the previous organizer for the 40k games.  I told her that I would look into getting some of the Warzone crew to come in and run stuff... beit scenarios or demo games.

Given our games work great at 500 points and less and on 4x4 tables....  I think we can get some good gaming in, help out a show and perhaps bring more into the fold.

Sounds cool. Where in Maryland please?

40K crowd should have problems. Whoever goes first usually wins so that may be a problem.
Always look out for number one, but don't step in number two.
What do you mean Flash Gordon approaching? OPEN FIRE!
The entire Capitol Army.
Don't ever say anything but a 20 before rolling the dice.

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2009, 12:47:54 PM »
Hmmmmm.....April you say.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2009, 01:35:40 PM »
Aberdeen, Maryland.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2009, 01:56:22 PM »
I would be down with that.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2009, 06:13:43 PM »
Thanks fellas.

We have lots of time to plan this out.... I know I'd like to use the Excelsior boards for it as they are good battlefields for use in demonstration and small games.

Perhaps if there is enough interest in descending on the show, we can run a friendly tourney.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Tradition."