Author Topic: Army Ideas  (Read 19784 times)

Offline luckyone

• Member Emeritus
Re: Army Ideas
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2009, 06:03:12 PM »
Rolls for initiative on who sets up first (choice).

My turn to place first deployment card. I place none and state I am finished with my normal deployment please place your deployment cards. (Watches blood not traveling to opponents face)

Sorta did that... once.

How did it work out?

I would spread out to ensure no para deploy behind me and move back from deployment zone to avoid the surprise infiltrators. I would look to seriously utilize terrain in my deployment zone also.
Always look out for number one, but don't step in number two.
What do you mean Flash Gordon approaching? OPEN FIRE!
The entire Capitol Army.
Don't ever say anything but a 20 before rolling the dice.

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2009, 05:14:20 AM »
Now I think of it... I've done this a few times.... and it was bloody... did it with two systems

UWZ: I did place a few card on the table- all snipers.  the rest were Cartel cops.... and it was harsh.  Taught lessons about protecting flanks in that one.

40k: Pre-5th Ed, I fielded a Deathwing force with everyone Deep Strike, a Ravenguard force with one lone unit of scout snipers and a Drop Trooper list before they changed the codex (again).  Dangerous to play and very very messy in all the games.... Even the losses were fun though most folks have no idea how to face deepstrike- at least back then. 

Players have mostly figuredit out now... but with the new outflanking rule, it give me many options to mess with folks.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline luckyone

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2009, 05:19:04 AM »
Now I think of it... I've done this a few times.... and it was bloody... did it with two systems

UWZ: I did place a few card on the table- all snipers.  the rest were Cartel cops.... and it was harsh.  Taught lessons about protecting flanks in that one.

40k: Pre-5th Ed, I fielded a Deathwing force with everyone Deep Strike, a Ravenguard force with one lone unit of scout snipers and a Drop Trooper list before they changed the codex (again).  Dangerous to play and very very messy in all the games.... Even the losses were fun though most folks have no idea how to face deepstrike- at least back then. 

Players have mostly figuredit out now... but with the new outflanking rule, it give me many options to mess with folks.

Archer,

Playing against you is always fun and usually a blood bath as I recall.
The entire Capitol Army.

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2009, 05:33:56 AM »

Archer,

Playing against you is always fun and usually a blood bath as I recall.

Always for someone... as the mottos for all my armies is "With your shield or on it..." and "Kill it!"
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline luckyone

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2009, 06:55:04 AM »
Usually my mottos are -

"Why don't we put her in charge?"

"There will be plenty of Assault Marine Turtle Shells available after the fight for those who perform well during the battle."

"Where is the Colonel at?"
"He is over there behind the building with his shotgun."
"Why doesn't he join in?"
"We just bring him for the initiative, he doesn't fight because he would have to spend time after the battle to clean his gun."
The entire Capitol Army.