Author Topic: Packmaster and Vanquisher  (Read 3283 times)

Offline micmellon

Packmaster and Vanquisher
« on: May 18, 2009, 07:38:53 AM »
Packmaster and Vanquisher are limited one per Commando squad.
Does that mean I can buy one for each Wolfbane and Wolfbairn Commando Squad or for each Squad of the Wolfpack like Warhounds etc.?
It's just a flesh wound - Black Night

Offline Lopis

Re: Packmaster and Vanquisher
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 10:15:54 AM »
As I read it, you may buy one for each Commando squad.
Meaning literally only Wolfbane Commando´s
But since the one is an individual squad linked officer and the other a general officer with both of them the
condition of one per commando while being able to command Wolfbairns AND wolfbane commando´s, I´d say you can buy them for each squad of these.

To translate it: one of each per gruntsquad of the "Wolfpacks" (being grunts they are naturally IDMF´s, but you catch my meaning I think).

P.S.: Already planning the force for the revanche?
I think our forces still are the same and keep standing.....
Solus honor cladem avertat !

Offline micmellon

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2009, 05:29:51 AM »
The Packmaster is still a little bit weird for me. ???
He is by definition a division commander and can lead every friendly squad in LD distance. In the rolebook the term is direct but this means the same, or?
But then they stated out he can command every Wolfpack unit including the Wolfbanes and the Wolfbairns.
Does that mean he is a restricted division commander? Pretty much a division commander light?  :(
And he can command every kind Wolfpack troops but I can only buy him if the grunt unit is a Wolfbane or Wolfbairn Commando?  :-\
I would expect you can buy a Packmaster for each kind of Wolfpack troop (incl. Grunt Commandos) if he can command them, too.
It's just a flesh wound - Black Night

Offline Lopis

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2009, 12:59:48 AM »
... he can command every Wolfpack unit including the Wolfbanes and the Wolfbairns.
... he is a ... a division commander light...
And he can command every kind Wolfpack troops but I can only buy him if the grunt unit is a Wolfbane or Wolfbairn Commando..

I cut out some of the text and as it stands now I would say thats how it works.
There are the restrictions to his commanding effectiveness, lets say his influence. He´s Packmaster and no Clan Hero....
A bit fluffy but I want it to make a bit of sense.
But this gives you a real advantage!!
You are enabled to put him into IDMF forces or Clan battle groups, since he is linked to the grunts !
The possibility to command the other wolpack forces is a plus in this case.
Solus honor cladem avertat !