Author Topic: M-517 Shotgun  (Read 4213 times)

Pax

M-517 Shotgun
« on: May 18, 2009, 02:22:31 AM »
Yes another weapon question.  ;D

I'm curious why not the double barreled shotgun M-517 got a increase in cluster than from it's single barrel sister the M-516. The M-516 is a single barrel and got a cluster effect of 2. While the M-517 do get +1 DMG to 9, should not another barrel give a increase of the cluster effect at least +1 to 3? Twice the lead flying trough the air and all that :)

heh, just noticed there was a double entry on the Rhagriin Shredder Shotgun. lol.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 02:24:25 AM by Pax »

Offline Lopis

Re: M-517 Shotgun
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 04:39:38 AM »
Seems to me that the double barrels gives the +1 to DAM.

For the higher cluster effect normally you need an automatic shotgun as I can see in the rules...
Even more lead flying through the air in the same time increasing not only the DAM but also the cluster effect.
Solus honor cladem avertat !

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2009, 04:17:56 PM »
The double barrel spread is not that much greater as you would think. The extra damage is for the crossover effect of the patterns. Bigger bang for the buck in the middle but not a lot of extra pellet cloud around the fringes.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2009, 06:11:42 PM »
The double barrel spread is not that much greater as you would think. The extra damage is for the crossover effect of the patterns. Bigger bang for the buck in the middle but not a lot of extra pellet cloud around the fringes.

For the higher cluster effect normally you need an automatic shotgun as I can see in the rules...
Even more lead flying through the air in the same time increasing not only the DAM but also the cluster effect.

Good call, guys.  I concur.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Pax

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2009, 08:18:24 PM »

This was what I was thinking. The template do not grow in size since the shogun spread should be the same without major changes to the shotgun. It do receive +1 dmg since those in the template get hit by more lead, but there is ordinary shotguns with a spread of 3 without going into automatic shotguns, that is why I asked.

Offline Lopis

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2009, 01:39:24 AM »
Hmm yeah, had to rechekc which oneīs these are with a Cluster Effect oft 3.

Doomsday Shotgun:  I think the Doomsday proclaimer was pretty tough in previous editions and actually he has two shotguns.
                              If I remember it right the previous one was allowed to lay down two shotgun templates side-by-side or to shoot two times, one of them
                              Perhaps a bit of reminiscence to these times.
Rhagriin Shredder Shotgun: And another one for the DL....Hell they build good shotguns....., but itīs described as a cannon with a mounted brass apocalypt for firing.....Big gun
SG-7000 Shotgun: Hey itīs Cybertronic! Their weapons have always a flashy extra to brag about while on corp duty.

A new little light in red, indicaring the time for next inspection, the green bulb indicating sufficient ammo, a beeper for signaling the acute loss of ammo,
                          and a little bell for calling for more ammo.
                          This time they thought about somthing that could actually be helpful.... a higher cluster effect !
         No, just kidding: the Cyber-Weapons always were a bit better and there it is.

Ok, donīt count too much on the fluff, but sometimes a bit truth is hidden there...
The weapons couldnīt be evened out, so they all would be the same. They had to differ in some ways and I think the designers took the right choice which Shotguns to enhance a bit....
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 02:11:06 AM by Lopis »
Solus honor cladem avertat !