Author Topic: Another Near Miss  (Read 7954 times)

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
Another Near Miss
« on: May 01, 2009, 11:19:00 AM »
Website was down for most of the day; makes me wonder if we need to have some sort of contact list in case it ever goes down for real for some reason.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline T Prime

• Big Kahuna, Chairman of the Board
  • Administrator
  • Member Prime
Re: Another Near Miss
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 11:37:20 AM »
It's back now (thankfully) and you point is taken.  As to what caused it, seems to have been something at the hosts end as it was not time for our maintenance.
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc
Excelsior!!

Offline Manic _Miner

• Member Emeritus
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 12:14:18 PM »
 I sent Joshua a message as I had been trying to get on most of the day.Nice to see it is back.

Offline MadBrad

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2009, 12:29:27 PM »
Perhaps we should all send Thom our e-mail addresses, and he can create a Distribution List called "The End of Days" on the off chance these forums implode...

Cybertronic - Superior by design

E-Bay Handle: bradthemad

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2009, 01:01:47 PM »
Well, the way it works is someone emails me, I call Thom, and Lance if need be, and it all sorts itself out.  I would like to see everyone join up on frothers so we have a backup place in case of mishaps or misfortune, plus we get to cuss and fuss about miniatures over there.
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline T Prime

• Big Kahuna, Chairman of the Board
  • Administrator
  • Member Prime
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2009, 01:32:19 PM »
What Veez and Brad are referencing is a good point.  I was thinking the same thing this morning when I couldn't get on.  I will set an email for jsut this purpose and post it here.  Thanks for the suggestion Brad.
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc
Excelsior!!

Offline MadBrad

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2009, 02:40:15 PM »
No problem!   I have one good idea a year, and like to get it out of the way early.  :) 

Cybertronic - Superior by design

E-Bay Handle: bradthemad

Offline Alxbates

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2009, 03:28:24 PM »
Well, the way it works is someone emails me, I call Thom, and Lance if need be, and it all sorts itself out.  I would like to see everyone join up on frothers so we have a backup place in case of mishaps or misfortune, plus we get to cuss and fuss about miniatures over there.

Oh Lord, Frothers...?  Really?

How about TMP or Lead-Adventure?  (although the Lead Adventure forum is down at the moment, too...)

I'm registered on Frothers, too (have been for years), but it's just so acrimonious and negative so much of the time, I have a hard time "hanging out" there the way I can hang out here or on TMP.  I pop in once a week or so, check out the new releases and some of the painting threads, then I bail.

-Alex
Wan Chew Tree Faw!

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2009, 03:39:08 PM »
I would say RPGBomb myself, although I am open to any group.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2009, 07:09:30 PM »
I concur with Veez
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Alxbates

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2009, 06:47:50 AM »
OOh, ouch... that reminds me, I should probably either delete my RPGbomb account or update it... it's been a LONG while since I've done anything there...

-Alex
Wan Chew Tree Faw!

Offline warzoneD

• Member Emeritus
  • Ad Astra Per Aspera
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2009, 09:46:53 AM »
TMP has always been good to me.

D

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2009, 11:34:57 AM »
RPGBomb has been (to date) free from petty bickering and a very welcoming site.