Author Topic: Drivers and Crew Actions  (Read 9137 times)

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
Re: Drivers and Crew Actions
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2009, 02:30:43 PM »
Hmm, I was hoping that the Orca would be possible to use as a mobile fortification of sort.

Like, move orca for one turn into position, apply rules as stated.

Then have the Orca not use it's actions to move, only to fire it's weapon. Thus eliminating the Action penalty for the Driver since the Orca was standing still, not moving. But it seems I miss-read the rules and thought the penalty was given to the gunner of the Orca (1 use of weapon for 3 actions) because of the Orca being so unstable by walking. This lead me to speculate if it was possible for the Gunner to fire  for the cost of only 1 action if the Orca didn't move (just fired it weapons) for the whole round.

You didn't misread anything - you are, simply, overreading it.  There is no penalty to the Driver to fire the cannon/rocket launcher/flame thrower.  Only the HMG Gunner receives the penalty to fire, as well as the limit of one fire AC per activation.  Nowhere does it say that the Driver cannot fire the onboard weapon(s).  The HMG is the gunner's personal weapon which is mounted on top of the Orca when the gunner is onboard the Orca.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
Re: Drivers and Crew Actions
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2009, 02:39:43 PM »
I believe he would not be able to shoot on his last action IMHO.

1 action to form fire team

2 actions to disembark the Orka (ie fall off back of it)

No more actions are left.

Small clarification:  If the gunner chooses not to Form Fireteam with any of his three Actions, he will have to remain in Command Distance of the first Orca to activate on the following Activation.  To move out of Command Distance, he will have to Form Fireteam.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!