Author Topic: mutant chroicles movie update...  (Read 6981 times)

Offline jjdodger

• Board Member
mutant chroicles movie update...
« on: March 24, 2009, 06:14:08 AM »
according to the movie web site, VOD on March 27, and THEATERS on April 24.. kinda backwards, but, hey.. if it works...

Offline Nighthawk

Re: mutant chroicles movie update...
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 07:50:11 AM »
How does VOD work? Do you download the movie on your PC? Or is it on certain TVs where you can buy to watch once? Kind of like renting or something?

Is this common in the US (being a big source of income for movies I mean)? I've never heard of VOD in Norway at least.

Hopefully the cut will be up on the web around the 28th :) And of course I'll buy the R1 DVD when it's out. I really hope the DVD has that making of from the UK DVD which is about 1h30m long. Bunch of interesting stuff in that documentary.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 07:51:59 AM by Nighthawk »

Offline Petru5

• Keeping eastern KC an UWZ!!!
    • Conn-Man Games blog
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2009, 07:55:10 AM »
I'll be interested in seeing how it differs from the bootleg that has been available on the web for free. 

Honestly, it was about as close to the WZ we love as the FFG Mutant Chronicles game.
"Game over, man! Game over!"
-Private Hudson

Offline luckyone

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2009, 08:56:16 AM »
Capital with British accents was really a nice touch IMHO.
Always look out for number one, but don't step in number two.
What do you mean Flash Gordon approaching? OPEN FIRE!
The entire Capitol Army.
Don't ever say anything but a 20 before rolling the dice.

Offline Melanieshaman

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2009, 12:10:35 PM »
I just don't think enough people will know enough about MC to spend $10 to go see it at a theatre... like someone else said it's been available on the net for free for quite some time.  I understand why they made the movie they made but sheesh IF they make a second please spend a little more money on special effects and PLEASE update the uniforms to look like Warzone! I wanna see a REAL Brotherhood Inquisitor! oh hey and maybe JUST maybe Crenshaw doin some serious hurtin on peeps :P

Mel

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2009, 04:18:24 PM »
I just don't think enough people will know enough about MC to spend $10 to go see it at a theatre... like someone else said it's been available on the net for free for quite some time.  I understand why they made the movie they made but sheesh IF they make a second please spend a little more money on special effects and PLEASE update the uniforms to look like Warzone! I wanna see a REAL Brotherhood Inquisitor! oh hey and maybe JUST maybe Crenshaw doin some serious hurtin on peeps :P

Mel

*sigh*

Gonna make me go hunting for anything spare I have for the hood aren't you?
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2009, 05:50:12 AM »
I read the book, I'm learning Warzone from this community, but I don't think the movie is a draw for me. 

The 300 was almost like a Chronopia movie.  My friend who plays Blackbloods, Dalton, and Bill Meredith went and saw this one way back when it came out.  We all looked at one another when the Alchemist's firebombs made an appearance and went slack jawed.

A Chronopia movie done like The 300 would probably stand a chance, but I doubt that will ever happen.
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2009, 06:41:47 AM »
I think the problem with doing movies based off of these games (to include 40k, warhammer, etc) is that they almost have too much background.  You can't even begin to do the world justice so it makes choosing the right slice difficult.  Star Trek novels don't have this problem because they already have a paradigm of a small slice of the pie being represented so it's easier to go from small to large.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Petru5

• Keeping eastern KC an UWZ!!!
    • Conn-Man Games blog
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2009, 07:47:07 AM »
I'd argue against that point.  Backstories at the beginning of movies that incorporate several novels worth of info have worked for countless sci-fi flicks.  They actually did an okay job of introducing a backstory...it just wasn't the 'correct' one.  It was a hybrid of what we know to be the first coming of the DL mixed with Dark Eden and the first corporate wars. 

All in all, the combo was uninspiring and muddled, leaving me confused.  Perhaps it was because it was on my computer and didn't have the greatest audio, but I was a little lost in the opening trench segments.  That and John Malkovich's performance falls into the same category (or below) as most Keanu Reeves roles.
"Game over, man! Game over!"
-Private Hudson

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2009, 07:50:55 AM »
Ah but it is a delicate balance; too much information and it feels like a cram session for the audience and they lose track of what's going on.  Too little and nothing makes sense.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Melanieshaman

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2009, 08:39:08 AM »

Mel

*sigh*

Gonna make me go hunting for anything spare I have for the hood aren't you?

heh... I really need to get some and get painting... I miss my Bro-Hams :P