Author Topic: Grunt, Elite and Support - Bauhaus  (Read 9715 times)

Offline chribu

• Keeping track of all the answers
Grunt, Elite and Support - Bauhaus
« on: January 13, 2006, 02:27:02 PM »
Hi, i've searched through all the forum (nearly) and didn't find this answer, so i'll open a new thread, although it's an old argument.

It's
1 grunt squad for 1 elite or individual
2 grunt squad for support
right?

So
2 grunt squad + 1 elite + 1 individual + 1 support - LEGAL
2 grunt squad + 2 elite + 1 support - LEGAL
2 grunt squad + 2 elite + 1 individual - LEGAL <<- corrected
2 grunt squad + 3 elite NOT LEGAL
right?

However, bauhaus says "Additionally troops may be selected from another duke elector's list but a squad taken in that manner will count as a support unit"
So
2 grunt squad + 2 elite + 1 elite from another duke elector - LEGAL?
If all above is true... it does not make much sense, it would be more logical if elite could count as support in any case, so 2 grunt + 3 elite LEGAL
« Last Edit: January 13, 2006, 02:46:43 PM by chribu »

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
Re: Grunt, Elite and Support - Bauhaus
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2006, 02:30:59 PM »
Your 3rd choice 2 grunt+2elite+1ind not legal is incorrect you may have 1 ind per grunt or elite squad. So you could have 2 grunt+2 elite+ 4 ind.
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline chribu

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2006, 02:45:31 PM »
ah, ok, i really hadn't looked into individuals yet (i was more interested in squads). I've now corrected it
So
2 grunt squad + 2 elite + 4 individuals + 1 support - LEGAL
2 grunt squad + 2 elite + 5 individuals + 1 support - NOT LEGAL
right?

but what about (for bauhaus)
2 grunt squad + 2 elite + 5 individuals + 1 elite from other duke, that count's as support
?

Offline PFC joe

• Private First Class
  • Private First Class
  • assistance from a distance
    • PFC joe's After Action Reviews
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2006, 03:13:26 PM »
2 grunt squad + 2 elite + 5 individuals + 1 elite from other duke, that count's as support

not legal.

the only individual that the support squad could qualify you for is an individual from the support squads force list.  That would make the fifth individual a support choice and you only have enough grunts for one support option.
Qui desiderat pacem pręparet bellum

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2006, 03:13:46 PM »
As i stated above 1 ind per grunt or elite squad. So if you have 2 grunt and 2 elite you can only have 4 ind, and yes  Bauhaus can take a squad from another duke as a support choice.
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline chribu

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2006, 03:31:26 PM »
Ok, thanks, got those.
But my real point was:
If I can have 2 grunts + 2 elite from my duke + 1 elite from other duke, wouldn't it make sense too to have 2 grunts + 3 elite from my duke?
Just pointing out that it feels strange not being able to downgrade the support squad space to a elite squad space.

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2006, 03:33:39 PM »
Un fortunently thats not the way it's set up. It's only available as stated above.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline PFC joe

• Private First Class
  • Private First Class
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2006, 03:34:55 PM »
Sorry chribu, it's just not that way.

-PFC joe

Offline chribu

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2006, 03:43:29 PM »
Ok, not a problem, the important thing is that the rules are clear. I don't mind at all if they are not exactly as I might think better.

You know, I've come from a year of Doomtrooper where everyone has a different idea on how rules are and should be applied, even during tournaments, and that's why I left last month Doomtrooper and moved to Warzone.

Here things seem to be much more clear.

Offline Gallagher_Standard_Barer

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2006, 03:51:06 PM »
Its defined by 3 simple ratios:

1 Grunt Squat : 1 Elite Squat
1 Grunt or Elite Squad: 1 individual
2 Grunt Squad :1 Support

If your army buying criteria states that you can purchase a different unit as a support option, then its type effectively changes to support for you.

Offline chribu

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2006, 12:26:32 PM »
can I use individuals from other duke electors or just real "squads"?

Offline PFC joe

• Private First Class
  • Private First Class
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2006, 12:36:48 PM »
you can use individuals but they count as support and you have to have at least one other squad from the Support Duke to qualify you for the individual.

so yes, but it takes four grunt squads.

-PFC joe

Offline chribu

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2006, 01:07:27 PM »
uhm so, if i choose an elite squad from another duke elector, i don't need to have a corresponding grunt squad, but if i choose an individual from another duke elector, i need to have an elite squad from that duke elector too, right?

although it gets me confused, i mean, the individual is now considered "support" instead of "individual"...

Offline PFC joe

• Private First Class
  • Private First Class
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2006, 02:20:41 PM »
Like Cartel and Tribes, the Support forces have to be legal force lists too.  So for every Individual there must be at least one squad of the same force.

-PFC joe

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2006, 08:34:40 PM »
The confusion here, I think, is that the individual taken is, actually, a support choice.  Therefore, there only needs to be two grunts to support it.  Bauhaus is a rather confusing corporation when it comes to this.

The individual, if taken in a force that is it's own house, needs only a squad to qualify it.  It can be a grunt or an elite squad, but can't be an elite that was taken as support (from a different Duke Elector).  If the individual is taken as support, it is just that - support.  As long as there are two grunts to qualify it, then the maodel may be taken.  It does not require a further unit to qualify it.

Think of the individual as a mortar team or as another elite unit from a different Duke Elector.

Remember, Bauhaus make take any unit from a different Duke Elector as support.  This is a special rule for Bauhaus, only.

Therefore:
 - 2 Grunt Units + 2 Elite Units + a third Elite (from a different Duke Elector or any Duke Elector if it is a Homebuilder force) = Legal Force.

- 3 Grunts + 1 Elite + 1 Support (from Support List or any Unit from diff. D. E.) + 4 Indies = Legal Force

- 2 Grunts + 2 Elites + 1 Support + Unit from Diff. D. E. = Illegal Force.

However, if the individual in question is "squad linked," then[/b] it must[/b] have the corresponding elite unit attached to be onboard.  If the unit is taken as support, there would, then, need to be four grunts to qualify them both. 

Ex.:  A Richthausen Force wishes to bring Jungle Kommandos and their Kaptain.  There would need to be 4 Homebuilder grunts to make this force legal.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2006, 08:37:57 PM by dmcgee1 »
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!