Author Topic: Upcoming Battle Szenario: River-Kwai-Bridge B - Report following after Battle  (Read 14731 times)

Offline Lopis

Somewhere down the jungle on Venus:
+++++ ORDERS FROM HQ:
The River Kwai-bridge is our only possibility to keep our enemy´s from joining. Falling would lead to an overpowering Offensive of our Enemies.
This can´t be allowed under any circumstances. Furthermor we need this bridge for resupplies from our own allies.
We sent reinforcements, but ´til then you´ll have to manage alone. Our prayers with you. Over and out!+++++

Szenario:
4 players, Teams of 2.
Mission objective is to get control over the Bridge (3 strategic points).
As sonn as a team manages to control the three points for a whole round, meanig until reroll of initiative, the team wins.

Army:
Prebuilding of some forces is allowed; After Table-set-up and determination of the side you have to choose one of the forces.

Terrain:
-Jungle lvl 4; (12" LOS, Combat Fatigue -2)
  Terrain works over whole field, even in vegetationless spots through dense mist
-The river and the "representing canyon" (missing fieldpart) is either part of the river or swamp; however only passable with flyers or skimmers, naturally the bridge is passable...
-Middle field is prechosen (the one with the bridge)
the other four are randomly chosen and faced:

Deployment:

-Zones as in the sketch, the team-players on the same side of the long borders, but on different sides if the river.
-free deployment in these marked zones (no rule of  6" away from borders....)
-whole Template of the models has to be in the DZ
-Infiltrators no closer than 12" to next opponent AND no closer than 6" to Bridge-field green field B)

green: rstricted area for deployment
red: DZ of the players
blue: buildings of the Bridge-field
blue dots: control points
  -> the points are on the little island, in first storey of the little building, and in the first storey sniper nest on the bridge-field.
  -> the sniper nest gives hard cover and it is possible to shoot through the crenels
  -> an "inhabitant" is set as a proxy for facing on the roof  as marker
  -> entering: one action to climb the ladder; if controlled by opponnent there is no charge bonus, if the opponent has a waqit action he gets a free
      attack for the wait, no countercharge.
  -> only one model inside, excluding an unresolved CC

Victory conditions:

Controlling the three control points for a whole round with one model on a control point spending 3 actions there. The model can act normally, but has to stay on the point.
Only one mini per control-point; if panicked or killed in the meantime after spending the actions, conditions are NOT fulfilled

-> altenative victory points: one point for controlling one point as written above, three points for fulfilling with two controlling-points.

LIMIT IS 8 WHOLE ROUNDS

Solus honor cladem avertat !

Offline Lopis

here the Set-Up:

to get an impression of what the 6 fields look like have a look at:http://forum54.oli.us/index.php?topic=4554.msg30566#msg30566

the Squares are roughly 24" on a border
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 12:10:21 PM by Lopis »

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
Nice!  Very nicely done!
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline luckyone

• Member Emeritus
Very detailed!
Always look out for number one, but don't step in number two.
What do you mean Flash Gordon approaching? OPEN FIRE!
The entire Capitol Army.
Don't ever say anything but a 20 before rolling the dice.

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
Cool scenario.
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline Lopis

Hey Guys,

we didnt´get to play on the last termination, so the report has to wait a bit longer.....

Next date for the try is the 2nd of May, so in the week following I should be able to give the outcome, army lists and a few pics ;-)

What has come out now is the follwing pairings for forces:

Capitol / Imperial vs. Mishima / Bauhaus

Any suggestions for the army building ?

Offline luckyone

• Member Emeritus
For the Capital/Imperial try to use Martian Banshees and Storm Trenchers. Fly in to secure the objective. Follow up Forces should include Assault Marines and Trenchers (both with Deadshot) to fire into the close combat these flying units will most likely be in by round 2.
The entire Capitol Army.

Offline micmellon

Stormtrenchers are para not jumpers/flyers like the Banshees or the UWZ is wrong. Imperial needs something else.
It's just a flesh wound - Black Night

Offline luckyone

• Member Emeritus
Clan Murdoch - infiltrate.
The entire Capitol Army.

Offline Enker

Hi folks,

It was on last Saturday. What an amazing battle. First of all here are our forces.
(Maybe there are little mistakes. If so my comrades please send me an E-Mail so I can correct it.)
The Battlereport with some picture follows the next days. If you want you can first comment the forces.

Team 1:

Capitol:
Squad Freedom Brigs with LMG
Squad K9
Squad AM with HMG
AM Hero
Orcas with MK IV and three HMG Riders
Maj. Maria
B&G Col.

Imperial:
3x Squads Mastiffs
Squad Wolfbairn with HMG
Squad Warhounds
Packmaster
2x Squads Necromover

Team 2:

Bauhaus:
2x Squads Ducals
Squad Blitzer
Squad Jäger
Blitzer Captain
Jäger Captain
Strike Skimmer
Kommandant

Mishima:
4x Squads Faceless
1x Squads Tiger Dragons
Amaterasu
Toshiro
Yojimbo
2 x Dragon Bikes
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 09:21:57 AM by Enker »
Marines! Lets kick some A S S!

Offline luckyone

• Member Emeritus
I really  like the Capital list. How did it work?
The entire Capitol Army.

Offline Enker

What an amazing battle, with a lot of surprises. Unfortunately the surprises mainly came from Bauhaus side not from our.
Bauhaus & Mishima took the victory, mainly due to a superb strategy.
But from the beginning.

Here is the overwiev

And the complete picture of the field (oh its turned around) please ignore the beer bottles

Imperial and I (Capitol) advanced from the south side. Our strategy was that I took the cottage near the bridge and support my ally from the bank.
Imperial should take the point on the bridge with its close combat units and shot the enemy at the little Isle with its Necromowers,
so that they make no victory point.
Our strategy was not bad. If the enemy at my side would have thrown his units at me, no problem I could have handled them.
If the enemy stormed the bridge, I would put him into a hail of bullets from the bank.
But Bauhaus and Mishima put the finger into our only wound.
They nearly completely ignored me. Mishima was standing directly against Imperial. Bauhaus deployed his Jägers on Imperials side, too.
And (big surprise) landed his Blitzer Parachuters on the foot of the bridge on Imperials side in the first round, too.

So in round one I had only a few enemies at my side and my army was to slow to chance side over the bridge. Imperial had nearly both enemies against it.
I had only to handle two Squads Ducals and the Skimmer and stormed as fast as possible with move 3. Mishima advanced to Imperial troops.

The side were the action was

In round two the Blitzer began to lay down a minefield on the foot of the bridge. What’s that for a  ****.
A parachuting Squad completely with Demolition Training?
Our luck was that the Blitzer Kaptain fall directly into the claws of the Mastiffs in round two.
If he would have landed half an inch closer to the landing point he would have burned a lot of Imperials.
But on the other side Bauhaus killed Major Maria and the B&G Col (both on the victory point location) with only a few bullets because of the dice god,
who was not really on our side. So we made no victory point in this round. Toshiro took the point on the Isle unthreatened.
They took the lead with one victory point. The Necromower were able to shot down some Jägers and Blitzers.

Advancing Capitol

Round three. The Forces of Mishima advanced to Imperial. The Blitzers laid down more Mines. The Necromower were reduced by a Dragon Bike.
Imperial was moving his Wolfbairn in stealth to the bridge. The Jäger Kaptain climbed to the victory point location on the bridge. But my Assault Marines could kill him there, so no additional victory point for Bauhaus.
One of my Assault Marine took the place of the KIA Maj Maria in the cottage to make victory points.

Advancing Mishima

Imperial Defense

Round four: The Mastiffs tried to cross the bridge, but there was the mine field. The two dogs didn’t activate the mines. Puh, has luck chanced?
No, because the Handler stepped on the claymore and didn’t make his save. So the Mastiffs were useless, Arghhh.
The Wolfbairn chanced their tactic and charged into the storming Tiger Dragoons where they stroke down plenty of them.
Yeaha, action for me. May Orca flamed down the Strike Skimmer, because I had the first initiative.

Wolfbairn

Round five. Another victim for my Orca? A Dragon Bike was standing in front of it.
But this time I lost initiative and the Dragon Bike made some holes in my Orca, to many holes.
The Packmaster and the Warhounds tried to get to the point on the bridge.

Uh I forgot the victory points. Bauhaus/Mishima were one point in the lead because of the kill of Maj. Maria in the second round.
Since that each side could hold its position and couldn’t make a point in the middle of the bridge. So we needed one additional point on the bridge.
The Packmaster and two Warhounds were ready to make the points.

Round six. The Packmaster didn’t get there. But one Warhound made its way between the mines into the bridge building. So we still had a chance.
Beside that Bauhaus had not much troops left. Imperial did a good job on them and my people had no problem to decimate them at my side
(but they were not many Bauhaus troops as I mentioned).
Imperial had not much troops left, too. The advancing Mishima stroke many of them down.
Back to the Warhound, our only hope. He had to make a Panic check and failed.
No, not now! Because if you are at the victory point location but in panic, you get no victory points!

Sideplace Freedom Brigs vs. Ducals

Round seven. Our last chance to make a tied game was that the Warhound rallied itself.
A bad chance. To make it short, he didn’t make it. So Mishima and Bauhaus won with one point in the lead.

Applause to their strategy to ignore me and put everything against Imperial. Luck for them that I was on the “ignore” side (which they didn’t know before deployment), because my army was to slow. If Imperial had been on the “ignore” side the match would have been very different because Imperial had a fast army and my force could have handled the mass of enemies better I think.
But we are preparing revenge and it will be tremendous.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 10:03:31 AM by Enker »
Marines! Lets kick some A S S!

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
Very nice recap with graphics!

VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline micmellon

Nice review. It matches with my memories. Nice choice of pics, too.

The wraiths of my wolfbanes cries for REVENGE  :D
It's just a flesh wound - Black Night

Offline luckyone

• Member Emeritus
Damn that looked like alot of fun. Great job on the report. Kharma to you my friend!
The entire Capitol Army.