Author Topic: Rackham sale on FFG  (Read 9199 times)

Offline Petru5

• Keeping eastern KC an UWZ!!!
    • Conn-Man Games blog
Rackham sale on FFG
« on: February 12, 2009, 06:29:30 PM »
Fantasy Flight Games has a second chance sale on their Rackham products (AT-43 & Confrontation).  Awesome amount of mechs, aliens, humans, etc.  Do I smell proxies?!

http://app.fantasyflightgames.com/rackham-sale.html
"Game over, man! Game over!"
-Private Hudson

Offline Brother Jim

Re: Rackham sale on FFG
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2009, 07:00:48 PM »
Thanks for the heads-up !!!!!

Karma to you !!!!

You'll take it and like it !! It's good for the soul !!
Fear my ability to teleport hand grenades into your pants..........without the pin or spoon !!!!

Ebay alias: sweettooth32

Offline luckyone

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2009, 07:58:10 PM »
Thanks for the heads up. More Kharma.
Always look out for number one, but don't step in number two.
What do you mean Flash Gordon approaching? OPEN FIRE!
The entire Capitol Army.
Don't ever say anything but a 20 before rolling the dice.

Offline MadBrad

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2009, 01:00:17 AM »
Gah!

And I put myself on a budget for the rest of the year...

Hmm, If I just get one of everything they have listed, I will only have to skip lunch for the next 2 years to make up for spending..

Sorely tempted....
Cybertronic - Superior by design

E-Bay Handle: bradthemad

Offline Petru5

• Conn-Man Games blog
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2009, 06:25:29 AM »
The paint jobs on the AT-43 vehicles are quite good.  Paint flaking, rust, wear...they're all there.  I also like the Vega-esque (for those Street fighter fans) figures.  I'm thinking about getting those and possibly the lady that is driving the souped-up Viktor suit!
-Private Hudson

Offline Coil

• Board Member- First Crusader
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2009, 08:22:07 AM »
Thanks for the heads-up.

I didn't have the time to get a purchase organized for the Christmas sale but maybe this time. :)

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2009, 03:39:18 PM »
Thanks for the heads-up.

I didn't have the time to get a purchase organized for the Christmas sale but maybe this time. :)

You sir, are outside of North America, and are, therefore, unable to purchase from where you currently reside.  However, you know a bunch of folks, here.  I will, gladly, volunteer to make purchases on your behalf.

Let me know, bud.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline warzoneD

• Member Emeritus
  • Ad Astra Per Aspera
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2009, 06:13:02 PM »
Argh! Could...not...resist - could not.  I mean the operation damocles game was originally 80 bucks and now it's 25 and it's got 20 minis in it and 2 big ones (which alone would cost 40 bucks or more in ANY gaming system) - 2 cool giant walkers which can easily be used for Capitol or the Dark Legion, and for that matter the Therans (in all their weirdness) can also be cool DL thingies for Muawjihe, whom as you all know, I am currently obsessed with. and while we're at it the UNA guys make great freedom brigade proxy bubbas...and well then I naturally had to get a few Red Blok Dragonov dudes cause their helmets are so dang cool (and I've always had my eye on those Red Blok figs, I've just had a hankerin' for 'em) and I might use them for that psi-corp idea I had a while back (see relevent post)...and then of course since I was getting them I might as well get some of the Kolossus walkers (cause I can also use them for my neo-sovs in Vor), which then made me think I might want a few of the bigger walkers, because after all they were originally 30 bucks and now they're 10, and that's a great deal right? And I can always use them as a renegade Rasputin force - you know maybe one that escaped the planet and has better tech, or maybe as an upstart new corp on one of the distant moons (or for Mars based troops in Rezolution), and then well, I noticed that neat girl hero for only 5 bucks in the power armor suit and I said, well for 5 bucks (originally 15 - I mean eegad! Man!  That's cheaper than any GW fig I've seen, except maybe a snotling cook) I could use her as a Capitol hero and/or in Rezolution for the CSO, and right below her was the medtech set which had cool medics and a  nifty piece of scenery that looks like a med hut and I can use that in nearly any game...and GOD KNOWS when I'm going to do all this playing of games but how could I resist?  I ask you!

...And so...I'm a somewhat poorer...

....Outwardly suffering from buyer's guilt (not so much remorse, but guilt -- because frankly I really don't need more minis.  But at least I don't smoke or do drugs...anymore)...

....and inwardly doing a jig of joy.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 06:15:29 PM by warzoneD »

Offline Brother Jim

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2009, 07:54:33 PM »
Yeah, I made an order too. It just wasn't as crazy big as the one for the last sale.
Fear my ability to teleport hand grenades into your pants..........without the pin or spoon !!!!

Ebay alias: sweettooth32

Offline Petru5

• Conn-Man Games blog
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2009, 08:01:56 AM »
thewarstore.com is also having this same sale, but with cheaper shipping.  I know the FFG sale ends Monday, but I'm not sure about thewarstore's sale.

I wound up buying a mixture of FFG stock and FLGS price-matched stock.  Here's what I got:

Therians
Wraith Golgoth
Storm Golems
Assault Golems
Assault Goliaths
Bane Goliaths

UNA
Wing Troopers (Attachment Box)
Wing Troopers (Unit Box)

Red Blok
Nakovalny mech

Bunker accessory

I really thought hard about the UNA TacArms, and more Red Blok mechs and various Kolossus.  I held off bcause I have plenty of MechWarrior figs that are the same size as the Kolossus units and I have Orcas and Vulkans that match the size of the mechs.  The TacArms, though, would make incredible Elementals from the MechWarrior universe!  I smell StarGrunt II in the near future!!!

-Private Hudson

Offline warzoneD

• Member Emeritus
  • Ad Astra Per Aspera
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2009, 09:00:20 AM »
Yeah - I caved and bought a bunch of stuff as you may have read - the figs are so nifty at 10 bucks a box and you can easily detail them without spending hours on painting.

D

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2009, 03:15:15 PM »
I have already placed an order for someone who could not, and I may be doing the same for myself!  At those prices, even the game may be worth trying.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Petru5

• Conn-Man Games blog
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2009, 06:27:26 PM »
At least the rules are free (in pdf form).  I was on the Geek today and someone was using the AT-43 figs for Ground Zero Games's Stargrunt II rules (also free and very good).  They looked good for that!
-Private Hudson