Author Topic: Heroscape Ticalla Jungle Terrain  (Read 12170 times)

Offline Glenn M

Heroscape Ticalla Jungle Terrain
« on: February 05, 2009, 04:53:07 PM »
I don't know how many of you like Heroscape, but the terrain has alwayus been great, now it's better, I was in my local Wal-mart and saw the new Ticalla Jungle Terain.

I bought a pack just to check it out ($11) and it is made of pure awesome.  When combined with the Swarm of the Marro master set, you can get a decent sized Jungle for skirmish scale Chronopia matches or tiny Warzone games.  Due to the size of the hexes though, I would halve ranges and movements, or perhaps 75% if it works out evenly at all.  Otherwise games where you seem to be spaced far apart will be quick and bloody.  I really think this solidifies Heroscape as owning the skirmish scale game terrain market.  I'll have to play with my collection and try to build some good sized boards now.

Here are some pictures of some of my figures in said terrain.  The only items in it are the Jungle pack, and a selection of pieces from the Swarm of the Marro Master set.  Try and ignore any Star Wars in the outside edges of your view, that's a different story.
Oh and the cool little spiders came with the set, great for hunting spiders.

Offline luckyone

• Member Emeritus
Re: Heroscape Ticalla Jungle Terrain
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2009, 06:35:17 PM »
That will work. That will work nicely!
Always look out for number one, but don't step in number two.
What do you mean Flash Gordon approaching? OPEN FIRE!
The entire Capitol Army.
Don't ever say anything but a 20 before rolling the dice.

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2009, 07:12:54 PM »
There had a nice Ice and Snow Board at Talamania 1 made from Heroscape stuff
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline MadBrad

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2009, 08:53:22 PM »
Great find.   

I have some Heroscape terrain, and will look into painting and flocking some up, and then picking up a jungle pack or two for some Venus WZ battles. 

Cybertronic - Superior by design

E-Bay Handle: bradthemad

Offline Petru5

• Keeping eastern KC an UWZ!!!
    • Conn-Man Games blog
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2009, 09:54:46 PM »
I have a few of those packs.  Very nice.  Add in the ruins from the base game and you have yourself a wonderful ruined citadel or other religious site.

Another thought for jungle trees...my buddy that is possibly even more of a penny-pincher than me went to a cake decorating store and bought nice-sized palm trees for about 30 cents each.  Pre-painted and they look sharp.  He got some brown paper and made some strip fringes and added them to the bottom of the leaf part of the trees to simulate dead leaves that are ready to fall off.  Sharp, I tell you & cheap!!!
"Game over, man! Game over!"
-Private Hudson

Offline Glenn M

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2009, 06:22:32 AM »
Hmm, apparently Wal-Mart is not supposed to be selling this item, so I have to go and buy the other set at the bargain price, otherwise I'll be kicking myself in the near future.  That does upset me a bit, I know Wal-Mart is on the fringe on whether to continue carrying Heroscape products, my store has the Marvel Masters at $15 which means we are taking a loss on each sold item.

However we are still charging standard pricing for boosters.

Confusion is setting in.

Offline Petru5

• Conn-Man Games blog
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2009, 09:00:30 AM »
W-M has quasi-poo-pooed the HeroScape line for the time being.  They sold Wave 9 packs, but not the terrain stuff.  With Wizards taking control of the distribution and development, FLGS's are picking up the slack.  Fortunately, I think the Wave 9 boosters sold reasonably well, so W-M may continue to sell unit packs. 

Marvel Heroscape isn't great.  For the money, there isn't enough terrain.  The figs are interesting, but it isn't clear if the first expansion of figs will ever hit the shelves.  Granted, with HeroClix minis and Heroscapers.net, you can make any hero or villain you want, as there are tons of homegrown stat cards available.
-Private Hudson

Offline Glenn M

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2009, 09:37:47 AM »
I agree, though I do find Marvelscape to be a lot of fun, but there is very little strategy, it is more of a roll bucket's of dice style game.  Anyways, I have made a fair few customs for HS, so am pretty familiar with it, I may someday pick up my Chronopiascape as well.

Offline Petru5

• Conn-Man Games blog
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2009, 09:50:28 AM »
I actually submitted a map on boardgamegeek using the jungle and other stuff.  It's a pdf called Ancient Ruins.  It looks large, but the jungle really impedes line of sight.  CC figs can play alongside the RC figs with ease.  I can easily see someone using that map for WZ or Chronopia.
-Private Hudson

Offline Glenn M

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2009, 11:07:46 AM »
I have done a fair few maps before, but this was my best idea ever.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=10793

First post, I love it.

I have done a LOT of customs too, I think my favorites are the GI Joe Customs I was working on, I found some fairly appropriate Heroclix, though none have ever been tested.

Offline Petru5

• Conn-Man Games blog
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2009, 09:22:52 AM »

I have done a LOT of customs too, I think my favorites are the GI Joe Customs I was working on, I found some fairly appropriate Heroclix, though none have ever been tested.

Have you ever customized the Predator characters?  Here's why:  http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/35635.

I know that HS's hex terrain can be used for this, but the characters themselves need some help (human characters, that is).
-Private Hudson

Offline Glenn M

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2009, 09:57:49 AM »
Nope, I have not done predators, though there have been attempts on the Heroscapers forums before.
http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=303