Author Topic: CC Question  (Read 19032 times)

Offline Pietia

Re: CC Question
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2006, 10:35:32 PM »
Its still the case that models with shotguns and no CC weapon have to break away from CC if they want to fight. It worked very well in any of my games and never seen to set off the gamebalance in a bad way.
Well, depends who you're fighting with - sometimes breaking is not an option. Could somebody explain to me, how the big bad Fury can hurt a Mourning Wolf in CC?
And not being able to use shotgun as a club - c'mon, these weapons are usually much sturdier than assault rifles.

Offline Ruther

• Warzone Deutschland
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2006, 02:26:50 AM »
Yeah its hartd to break away for the fury (actualy 12 + w20 against vs 14 + W20) I'd say the odds are very  possible to do that. So the fury has two chances to roll and only needs 3 more than the Wolf, once its free it takes his template (i dont need make lame rolls^^) weapon and just blasts away the Wolf.
Easy enough or should i draw a scetch   ;D ?

« Last Edit: January 16, 2006, 02:37:24 AM by Ruther »
He Who Laughs Last, Thinks Fastest

Offline Pietia

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2006, 04:55:44 AM »
And did you bother to read the rules for the chains of mourning wolves? You can't break from CC with them. Easy enough, or do I have to draw a sketch?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2006, 04:57:59 AM by Pietia »

Offline behemoth

• Journeyman
    • Kimmo's Corner
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2006, 05:07:12 AM »
There are other units too that have weapons that disallow breaking off from CC as well (Reaper of Souls, for one).

« Last Edit: January 16, 2006, 07:05:26 AM by behemoth »
"Just 'Cos You Got The Power,
That don't mean you got the right."
-Motorhead

Offline Ruther

• Warzone Deutschland
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2006, 06:19:52 AM »
LOL, ok the game is broken ^^

Do you guys actualy play sometimes or do you meet only for rulelaywering about some smaller flaws (wich can be easy overcome with tactics^^) ?

There will be always some flaws (ie Vulcan Army of death, but some are an advanatge so there isnt any complaining and some are not, so all world is crying  ;D.

I think thats a funny behavior, no offence  :-*
« Last Edit: January 16, 2006, 06:26:37 AM by Ruther »

Offline behemoth

• Journeyman
    • Kimmo's Corner
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2006, 07:04:08 AM »
Quote from: Ruther
No it's not. There's just a glitch.

Do you guys actualy play sometimes ...
I play and enjoy playing.

None taken. Good for you if you see no problems in CC.

Is it somehow bad if flaws are uncovered and perhaps a less flawed approach is found out thru this process?
*shrugs*
"Just 'Cos You Got The Power,
That don't mean you got the right."
-Motorhead

Offline Ruther

• Warzone Deutschland
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2006, 07:09:09 AM »
The point is there that its only a minor flaw and only affects a very small range of units (doubt anyone plays Furys vs Mourning wolves only). So its a tactical issue not to take on Mourning wolves with the furys and thats why i dont see a big probblem there, as i have lots of other Units to counter the Wolves and my Furys can fight something else meanwhile.

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2006, 09:18:32 AM »

Do you guys actualy play sometimes or do you meet only for rulelaywering about some smaller flaws (wich can be easy overcome with tactics^^) ?

There will be always some flaws (ie Vulcan Army of death, but some are an advanatge so there isnt any complaining and some are not, so all world is crying  ;D.

I totally agree.  Sometimes, you have to overcome a perceived flaw with tactics.  Being the "creator" of the Vulkan Army of Doom, I am fully aware of some of the flaws in the game, and the repercussions of those that view it as "broen."I have it from the man, himself, that the army is legal, but have shelved it and only use it when challenged.

That siad, if you allow your units to get into the proverbial pickle that is CC Hell, and they can't fight back, I guess they're gonna die.  Bottom line - use the unit better.  Forgive me for interjecting real-world, but if one army comes across another that is clearly inferion, and the inferior army refuses to capitulate or use better tactics, the superior army will, in all likelihood, steamroller the inferior army. 

C'est la vie, c'est la muerte, c'est la guerre.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2006, 09:20:49 AM by dmcgee1 »
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2006, 09:23:58 AM »
Is it somehow bad if flaws are uncovered and perhaps a less flawed approach is found out thru this process?
*shrugs*

It is not, and, if a rule amendment is introduced, playtested, finalized and made official, then, I will play it as such.  That is, truly, the purpose of healthy debate.

I don't happen to see it as you do, Behemoth, but others, obviously, do.  Your opinions are no less, nor more, valid than anyone else's.  I hope that we are not coming across in that they are.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Pietia

« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2006, 01:37:50 PM »
I play probably more often than most of you, guys. And with many more players, as there's a lot of WZ players around my place. This means, unfortunately, that I have a lot of opportunities to find out about such flaws. Unfortunately such small details can be very irritating.

Quote from: dcmgee1
Forgive me for interjecting real-world, but if one army comes across another that is clearly inferion, and the inferior army refuses to capitulate or use better tactics, the superior army will, in all likelihood, steamroller the inferior army.
Forgive me for interjecting real-world, but a shotgun is as good for hitting people on the head as an assault rifle is.

Offline Ruther

• Warzone Deutschland
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2006, 02:05:21 PM »
But assaultrifles are used for shooting in CC ;), while there is no shotgun wich can do the same (i guess it's because of the template effect).

Offline Pietia

« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2006, 02:28:30 PM »
The last time we had this discussion on the old forums, one of the guys from FAQ team said that only sidearms are used for shooting in CC and that it's the official interpretation. Even if it is not this way, a shotgun is similar enough to rifle to be used in CC if rifles can be - by the nature of its ammunition it even may be more efficient.

Offline Ruther

• Warzone Deutschland
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2006, 02:47:16 PM »
Well as long as noone offical declares your interpretation the winner the current ruleset is the one wich counts  ;D.

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2006, 03:08:15 PM »
Forgive me for interjecting real-world, but a shotgun is as good for hitting people on the head as an assault rifle is.

Too true - BONK!   ;)

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2006, 04:38:36 PM »
Wheather it's with the butt of the shotgun,flamethrower , etc or with ones fist every model should be able to make a strength attack at the least in CC. Just my @-cents. :o :o :o
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69