Author Topic: Hijacked Paypal Account  (Read 5607 times)

Offline Glenn M

Hijacked Paypal Account
« on: January 06, 2009, 06:20:14 PM »
Some bastard hijacked my paypal account and hit it for $40 in total over 4 transactions, unforunately, it overdrafter my bank account (which was already overdrawn) four ****ing times!!!!

Bastards!!!!

Ok, I feel a bit better.  Anyways, Paypal automatically disputed them, and I can get my bank to fix the overdrafts (they are really nice to me) but it still really ****es me off.

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
Re: Hijacked Paypal Account
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 06:46:22 PM »
I had that happen about 8 years ago or so, back when I lived in Texas...that was before eBay bought Paypal and before Paypal had all of the security it has...

so far, I'm glad it happened since then, but I feel your pain...good thing that they noticed an irregularity...

hope everything works out...

B...
eBay name: sylvas1970

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2009, 07:55:05 PM »
Happened to me two months ago, Glenn.  Gotta keep those passwords changed, and gotta get real good virus/spyware protection to keep the keyloggers off your machine.  I now run PC Tools Spyware Doctor with Anti-Virus - works great!

Almost got $3800.00.  luckily the money was missed, immediately, and one the people from whom this asshole bought stuff e-mailed me to coonfirm the purchase.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 09:13:02 AM by dmcgee1 »
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2009, 11:33:57 PM »
remembers me of the american dad episode, where the password was "password1" because a number was obligatory.. and because this, the password worked!! ;D
"Donīt anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2009, 05:24:59 PM »
That sucks dude.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!