Author Topic: Loadouts and support units.  (Read 5892 times)

Offline jjdodger

• Board Member
Loadouts and support units.
« on: January 03, 2009, 07:37:18 PM »
since it has been FAQ'd that elites can take crunt loadouts, and leaders can take grunt and elite loadouts, what about support units? can they take any? ie, my Orca's, can they take a squad comm link? what about night vision gear? how about my mortar team? can they get a hazmat suit? Obviously, it doesnt make sense that a vehicle needs a hazmat, but.. what if the vehichle wants to shoot at night?

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
Re: Loadouts and support units.
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2009, 07:57:59 PM »
What's a "crunt"...no, wait, forget I asked...oh, too late...this is not going to end well, is it?  ;D
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2009, 10:53:11 PM »
What's a "crunt"...no, wait, forget I asked...oh, too late...this is not going to end well, is it?  ;D

no...no it isn't...

for my unqualified opinion (since I am not on the FAQ), I would think that a Mortal support unit would be able to take all of the grunt loadouts, since Capitol mortar teams are just Light Infantry, Mishima cannon crew are just Ashigaru etc...

Vehicles should be listed as being able to take only the loadouts that are logical for a vehicle to have...Environmental Suits become Environmental shielding, Night Vision Goggles become Night vision System etc...this might mean that there needs to be a special category for Vehicle loadouts, but that isn't too big of a deal...

B...
eBay name: sylvas1970

Offline jjdodger

• Board Member
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2009, 04:44:18 AM »
crunt = a crunchy grunt.. most are! ;)

meh.. thats what happens when i start posting when half asleep anyway! ;)

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2009, 09:20:17 AM »
crunt = a crunchy grunt.. most are! ;)

meh.. thats what happens when i start posting when half asleep anyway! ;)

well, I just read what I posted on this topic, and I think that I wrote that at about 3am...

I must be good when I'm half asleep  ;D...I remember that I posted something, but I didn't remember what I wrote exactly...

B...
eBay name: sylvas1970

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2011, 04:35:59 AM »

This is, unfortunately, a "gray-area," still.  I, personally, would have no problem with individual models having Night Vision (Orca HMG Specs, Orca Driver, etc.).  That said, I can see where Night Vision is supposed to a rare item (hence the cost to equip an entire squad).

I believe that the costs offset the balance issues.  Therefore, unless specifically prohibited by another rule, loadouts may be taken by Support units, taking into account heirarchy, i.e., if the Support unit is a "grunt" unit (Ducal Militia HMG Team, Hussar Mortar Team, etc.), then they are limited to Grunt Loadouts.  Likewise for Elites.  If the Support could be considered an Individual, then they use the Individual/Officer Loadouts (i.e., all of them).
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 04:37:30 AM by dmcgee1 »
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!