Author Topic: What a Weekend!  (Read 4847 times)

Offline MadBrad

• Member Emeritus
What a Weekend!
« on: December 22, 2008, 02:32:32 PM »
Just had to share some good experiences from this weekend!

On Saturday, the wife and I successfully finished installing the new dishwasher.  Nothing earth shattering, but we needed one for a while.

Sunday, I met with one of my "suppliers".  He is a game designer who I bought a game from a few months back, and ever since I have been buy the classic games he had in storage.   I finally could afford his copy of a game that I had sold off in the mid-80's to finance my year in Up With People.  Truly a nostalgia buy!  http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/2228

Of course, I met him at a game store, and they were running a 50% off sale on all items with a white tag.  I found quite a few of those tags!  Then, I discovered that they give a 20% discount on big purchases, on top of the white tag sale...Got some great games on a great deal

Then, I found a very rare and hard to find game on E-Bay - and won the auction for less than I anticipated having to pay!   http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/12269

It was a weekend of games acquistion par excellence.   

Hope everyone else had a great weekend as well. 

Cybertronic - Superior by design

E-Bay Handle: bradthemad

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
Re: What a Weekend!
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2008, 04:00:27 PM »
Sounds like a treasure trove!
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
Re: What a Weekend!
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2008, 07:30:41 AM »
I need a completely jealous emoticon. 
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA