Author Topic: Cybertronic Chasseurs and Chasseur Captain  (Read 14995 times)

Coonan

Cybertronic Chasseurs and Chasseur Captain
« on: January 08, 2006, 07:08:28 AM »
The Chasseurs are classified IA, but why the Chasseur Captain are classified mortal?

Sory if my English is not always correct, it is not my mother tongue.

Offline PFC joe

• Private First Class
  • Private First Class
  • assistance from a distance
    • PFC joe's After Action Reviews
Re: Cybertronic Chasseurs and Chasseur Captain
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2006, 07:19:22 AM »
I would assume that is due to the inherent flexibility in a human mind.  As far as I can tell it allows a greater degree of tactical flexibility.

(it's the best answer I can come up with.)

-PFC joe
Qui desiderat pacem pręparet bellum

Offline WarlordtheFT

• Journeyman
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2006, 09:58:44 AM »
Yeah, and it does lead to some debate when the chassuer Capt joins a squad.  I.E. whether or not  you make a roll on the AI chart.
435th AI Assault Regiment "Disposable Heroes"
Cybertronic

Offline PFC joe

• Private First Class
  • Private First Class
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2006, 02:10:48 PM »
Squad based Leadership tests (for AI and whatnot) are tested under the Squad Leaders abilities. 

(don't ask about necrobiotics and necroorganics, that thread is somewhere around here... -goes to look-)

-PFC joe

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2006, 03:58:55 PM »
Yeah, and it does lead to some debate when the chassuer Capt joins a squad.  I.E. whether or not  you make a roll on the AI chart.

There should be no debate.  Chausseurs roll Panic, not Amok.  They are only Level 1 A.I., and are, therefore, still mortal, as well.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline PFC joe

• Private First Class
  • Private First Class
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2006, 04:06:51 PM »
Page 34: Cybertronic Enhancements
Q: Page 34 states that here are times when a player may opt to add cybernetic enhancements to a model(s) and when this occurs, theAI rating of the model is increased. By how much? When does my model move from mortal to AI?

A: Each enhancement moves you up one level. No level of enhancement will move you from mortal to AI. If you are mortal, you roll on the moral system. If you are AI, you roll on the AMOK system. If you are mortal with an AI rating, it only means you might be susceptible to certain powers and effects reserved for models with an AI rating.

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2006, 04:09:34 PM »
They should be Mortal and roll for panic. I thought this was discussed on the old forums and i believe but i'am not 100% think Thom said they were mortals.
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline PFC joe

• Private First Class
  • Private First Class
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2006, 04:34:10 PM »
I think I have that in my notes at home.  I'll dig through them tommorrow and see what I can find.

-PFC joe

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2006, 05:30:41 PM »
So, Joe, am I correct in my hinking that there is no debate?  Chausseurs roll for Panic, not Amok - correct?
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2006, 07:45:28 PM »
that's what I'm getting out of this thread...

B.
eBay name: sylvas1970

Shadow__

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2006, 05:50:32 AM »
There should be no debate.  Chausseurs roll Panic, not Amok.  They are only Level 1 A.I., and are, therefore, still mortal, as well.

I disagree. In the Chasseurs' description, just under the name, it is written something like : "grunt troopers, 4-12 models per squad, AI

So even if they AI rating is only 1, they must use the AMOK system.

In the AI description, the rules say : "mortal models with an AI rating of 2 or less are still considered mortals". But as I said just before, Chasseurs are not mortal models, but AI.

Offline WarlordtheFT

• Journeyman
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2006, 09:33:20 AM »
That's the rule I use,  AI is always AI regardless of level, and mortal is always mortal. As all the mortal cybertronic troopers that have enhancements can only have have one or two.
435th AI Assault Regiment "Disposable Heroes"
Cybertronic

Shadow__

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2006, 10:47:51 AM »
I agree. But I would just add one thing : There is the exception of a mortal model which has to be considered as an AI if his AI level is 3 or more. So for me, if a mortal model takes 3 enhancement, according to the rules he has to be considered as a Level 3 AI. But I don't think there is a mortal model who can be allowed to take so many enhancements.

Another thing : Vince Diamond is said to be mortal. But he has a level 3 AI. So in play, I consider him as a level 3 AI.

Offline PFC joe

• Private First Class
  • Private First Class
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2006, 10:59:30 AM »
shadow, this is directly from the faq.

Page 34: Cybertronic Enhancements
Q: Page 34 states that here are times when a player may opt to add cybernetic enhancements to a model(s) and when this occurs, theAI rating of the model is increased. By how much? When does my model move from mortal to AI?

A: Each enhancement moves you up one level. No level of enhancement will move you from mortal to AI. If you are mortal, you roll on the moral system. If you are AI, you roll on the AMOK system. If you are mortal with an AI rating, it only means you might be susceptible to certain powers and effects reserved for models with an AI rating.

Shadow__

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2006, 12:44:25 PM »
Hmmm... OK.

So could you please give me your opinion about Vince Diamond? Mortal or AI ?

If you are mortal with an AI rating, it only means you might be susceptible to certain powers and effects reserved for models with an AI rating.

To help me understand the FAQ better, does someone have an example of such powers or effects?