Author Topic: 1000 PC Algeroth  (Read 9706 times)

Offline wmeredith

• Ebay sig. 9390william.
1000 PC Algeroth
« on: December 21, 2008, 11:41:44 AM »
Hello

I have a Biogiant and a Unholy carronade, wanted to figure some way to use the. So I thought up this Algeroth list just for fun. Will be converting the neronian legionnnaires and try to get the necrotyrants and carnal harvester as soon as I can.

6 Neronian legionnaires
Golem of Darkness

6 Neronian Legionnaires
golem of Darkness

6 Neronian Legionnaires
Golem of Darkness

7 necrotyrants
Carnal Harvester

Ragathol
Apocalypse

Centurian Inperceptor

Biogaint

Unholy Carronade

Would like to hear others opinions on the list.

wmeredith
Wise men say absolute power corrupts absolutely I am not a wise man.

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
Re: 1000 PC Algeroth
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2008, 12:38:57 PM »
Unfortunately,  the list is not legal.  The Centurion Preceptor can only be included if you have a squad of necrorganics - all of the squads listed are necrobiotic.

Using Apocalypse is all kinds of fun, but imagine being able to Invoke Frenzy on para-deployed undead with Sectioner bayonets on their Belzarach's - quite literally Death From Above!
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2008, 12:58:02 PM »
It's kind of funny that the CP was included in an army that has no necro-organics. ;) Unless the Neroian Legionnaires are suppose to be necro-organic.
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2008, 02:45:49 PM »
Hello

3* 6 Neronian legionnaires
Golem of Darkness

7 necrotyrants
Carnal Harvester

Ragathol @ Apocalypse
Centurian Inperceptor

Biogaint
Unholy Carronade

Would like to hear others opinions on the list.

hm, not so much you can do with an algeroth-list..

i would perhaps short the troops a bit and include other (better?) chars.
at least i would switch ragathol for alakhai, the stagetic insight => 17 vs 14..

also, i donīt know if 3 para-deploy units are neccesary?
4+1 = 110 vs. 127 for the jumpy ones..

also, i see that the golem does not have para-deploy??

the problem if you use the gun and the bio-giant, you want to shoot at the distance.

but any MHMG that drives to a corner can waste a squad of yours. you in return can hardly assault a position..
esp. if you drop the troops somewhere..

yes you may drop 3*7 troops somewhere, but i donīt see how this could beat a 1000 P army that assaults the giant / canon??

after the giant is gone you only have RC8 grunts and the so-so gun..

if i would want to play gun&giant i would try to dig in and slow the opponent down..
-> normal grunts
the chars may be positioned behind corners & hopefully survive advancing troops and kills many..

of course, any objective or confrontation on the move, this army is weak to vehicles, i guess..

here we go:

1000 Pts  -   Dark Legion: Algeroth Army

1 Bio-Giant @ 152 Pts
1 Unholy Carronade @ 72 Pts

3*6 Necrotyrants @ 146 Pts
     1 Carnal Harvester @ [38] Pts

5 Necrotyrants @ 128 Pts
     1 Carnal Harvester @ [38] Pts

1 Alakhai the Cunning @ 71 Pts
     Apocalypse [9]
     The Devouring Darkness [8]

1 Golgotha @ 78 Pts
     Apocalypse [9]

1 Nepharite of Algeroth @ 58 Pts
     Apocalypse [9]

Total Army Cost: 997

perhaps less heroes & more guns, but i gess the spells make it worth..
hopefully they get so sweep some guys with their M3.....
"Donīt anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2008, 03:10:28 PM »
compare to this (represantative 2 vehicle 1000P list)

1000 Pts  -   Bauhaus: Duke Richthausen Army

2*1 Strike Skimmer @ 146 Pts
     2 Strike Kommando Skimmer Support @ [50] Pts

2*5 Dragoons @ 156 Pts
     1 Dragoon Sgt @ [23] Pts
     1 Dragoon GL @ [33] Pts

2*4 Dragoons @ 138 Pts
     1 Dragoon Sgt @ [23] Pts
     1 Dragoon Sniper @ [35] Pts

1 Max Steiner @ 58 Pts
1 Henrick Wolfe @ 60 Pts

Total Army Cost: 998

this list (or any with 2 vehicles) can advance pritty strait into your position.
next turn they can try to slaughter the bio-giant.

==> against your proposed army i would try to charge, best with 2 vehicles..
"Donīt anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2008, 03:27:52 PM »
The Golem is deployed with the use of the Lesser Eye of Maledrach.
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline wmeredith

• Ebay sig. 9390william.
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2008, 03:55:57 PM »
Unfortunately,  the list is not legal.  The Centurion Preceptor can only be included if you have a squad of necrorganics - all of the squads listed are necrobiotic.  -1

Using Apocalypse is all kinds of fun, but imagine being able to Invoke Frenzy on para-deployed undead with Sectioner bayonets on their Belzarach's - quite literally Death From Above!  -2

Hello

1-The Neronian legionnaires have necrorganic resistance so I would assume they are actually necrorganic not necrobionic. Other wise you could never use a CP in an Algeroth army and it is on the army list.

2 Sweet idea, never really thought to load out the para-guys. Have to think about that.

But all in all I think I will drop the CP for those loadouts.
@NoTrollNick the list was done to be fun and because no one else does that. Just to see how it would work.

wmeredith.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 04:07:36 PM by wmeredith »

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2008, 07:56:06 PM »
It's kind of funny that the CP was included in an army that has no necro-organics. ;) Unless the Neroian Legionnaires are suppose to be necro-organic.
1-The Neronian legionnaires have necrorganic resistance so I would assume they are actually necrorganic not necrobionic. Other wise you could never use a CP in an Algeroth army and it is on the army list.

Neronians are necrobiotic, not necrorganic.  I am unaware of any FAQ on this.  CP was included because you can take Horde units.  Also, Ragathol's sword can Raise Undead.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 07:57:57 PM by dmcgee1 »
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline wmeredith

• Ebay sig. 9390william.
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2008, 08:55:45 PM »
Hello

Yes you can take horde units, but in a stand alone algeroth list you can't take a CP. And if you took a CP in a combined algeroth / hordes list the CP would have to be on the hordes component of the list. Sorry if I seem confused about this.

wmeredith

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2008, 07:58:55 AM »
I dont play Algeroth myself, but the CP is already part of the Horde list he should be able to work as part of a stand alone force as all the other armies. Thats just my opinion of course. ;)

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2008, 02:11:06 PM »
Hello

Yes you can take horde units, but in a stand alone algeroth list you can't take a CP. And if you took a CP in a combined algeroth / hordes list the CP would have to be on the hordes component of the list. Sorry if I seem confused about this.

wmeredith

No need to apologize - there is real confusion there.  That's not your fault, bud.  It could be an error, it could be that we don't get the connection.  Seems like some clarification is in order.

Offline wmeredith

• Ebay sig. 9390william.
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2008, 02:26:26 PM »
Hello

Okay I will clarify what I mean. Each army list has to be made seperately, if I have a 1000 PC army of Dark Legion Hordes combined with Algeroth I have to make two seperate army lists of 500 PC each. Each as I understand has to roughly equal in points and stand alone as well. Meaning if I try to take a CP in the Algeroth list there has to be a corresponding unit in the Algeroth list for a CP to be taken in conjunction with. There isn't any . The unit I could take would be in the Hordes list and the CP would have to be in the Hordes list. So I am asking basically why is the CP in a list that has no Necrorganic units for him to pair to? Am I misunderstanding the force construction rules?

wmeredith.

**Forgot to say thanks for pointing out Ragathols Swords ability that is super sweet**
« Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 02:33:53 PM by wmeredith »

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2008, 03:04:08 PM »
Apparently, I wasn't clear, there - my apologies.  What I meant was that there is confusion  in the list.  I agree that it seems weird that the CP was included in a list that cannot, seemingly, use it.  I meant to say that clarification is in order regarding the CP from those in the know (not me, obviously).

Offline wmeredith

• Ebay sig. 9390william.
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2008, 03:15:01 PM »
Hello

Okay thanks, well I was not really to hot on the CP any way. Sectionors on my neronian legionnaires is to sweet to pass up. ;D Thanks for the help.

wmeredith.

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2008, 04:55:21 PM »
"Sectioners on my Neronian Legionnaires" sounds like the punchline to a joke that start out, "What's better than roses on your piano?"

...or a song.  I don't know.