Author Topic: Monthly Game Night at Dave's  (Read 208939 times)

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
Re: Monthly Game Night at Dave's
« Reply #210 on: July 06, 2011, 10:35:20 AM »
23rd is fine for me
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline T Prime

• Big Kahuna, Chairman of the Board
  • Administrator
  • Member Prime
« Reply #211 on: July 06, 2011, 12:22:01 PM »
I imagine you have a big spider to show off then...  ;)
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc
Excelsior!!

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #212 on: July 06, 2011, 02:00:19 PM »
I have it but still haven't started it.
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #213 on: July 08, 2011, 05:56:13 AM »
23 July, 2011 might be open for me to play.   :D
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #214 on: July 14, 2011, 01:43:57 PM »
Sorry for the lack of responses, boys and girls...for some reason, whenever I load the page, this particular topic does not indicate NEW topics to me.  Who's the webmaster around here?
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #215 on: July 14, 2011, 01:44:51 PM »
P.S.:  23rd is good.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #216 on: July 14, 2011, 02:31:02 PM »
I managed to get the spider assembled not the goblins for the top. Will start on base next then paint it. Then I'll work on the goblin toppings. The spider is huge and cool as hell looking.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #217 on: July 15, 2011, 10:30:21 AM »
Sounds like a rumble.
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #218 on: September 12, 2011, 11:26:15 AM »
Hello, all,

I have finally gotten around to creating this group for all of us, and thought, "What better way to let good gamers and the boys from Maplewood know?"  http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/155137997907697/

This Saturday (Sept 17, 2011) is the next scheduled date, and we should all be recovered from Talamania, by now (even you, Garcia). If another date would be better, let me know.

I would like to start getting a regular schedule of games, too. I suggest we put together a list, and then choose the major game or two for the given month (does not have to be written in stone), leaving room for pickup games and free gaming for those who wish to just join the group to socialize.

With that said, for this week, I am recommending Firestorm: Armada and/or Silent Death. I am open to suggestions, and we'll put it to a vote before Thursday so that folks have a bit of time to prepare.

Also, I would like to discuss making our group somewhat official. There are several great resources out there that would allow us to stay in communication, publicly, and would increase our visibility to new players and established groups. One of these is Meetup. Some of you already know of this, while other may wish to check it out. What Facebook is to the individual, Meetup is for groups. Also, as Google+ develops, I do expect it to become an excellent application for our group, not to mention Google Docs, Gmail, etc. If we decide that we wish to start making our group a bit more organized, and such, I suggest that we add a little structure to it, e.g., an official name, leadership including a board with a chair and a treasurer. Obviously, with a treasurer, I envision dues for regular participants, and envision these dues being used for the group, including new games, accessories, etc. Obviously, I am perfectly okay with keeping things the way that they are, currently - this is merely a suggestion; if we, as a group, do not wish to go in this direction, then we shouldn't.

In any case, I look forward to seeing you all real soon.

"They may take our rules (and revise them), but they may never take our Geekdom!"

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #219 on: September 26, 2011, 09:12:27 AM »
October Game Day is next on the docket.  Warzone appears to be the order of the day!

750, 800 and 1000 PC.

That's two False Leads and the possibility of off-board artillery!

Offline luckyone

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #220 on: September 27, 2011, 08:17:54 AM »
I should be there early afternoon on the 15th of October. I will bring Warzone, Thunderstone, Firestorm Armada etc.

See you there.

Always look out for number one, but don't step in number two.
What do you mean Flash Gordon approaching? OPEN FIRE!
The entire Capitol Army.
Don't ever say anything but a 20 before rolling the dice.

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #221 on: September 28, 2011, 02:44:19 AM »
Cool.

Offline luckyone

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #222 on: October 13, 2011, 08:41:37 AM »
Josh, Dodge, Phil? Anyone gaming this weekend?

Hope to see you there.
Always look out for number one, but don't step in number two.
What do you mean Flash Gordon approaching? OPEN FIRE!
The entire Capitol Army.
Don't ever say anything but a 20 before rolling the dice.

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #223 on: October 20, 2011, 04:56:54 AM »
Next Game Day is November 19, 2011.

Let the trash talk begin.

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #224 on: October 20, 2011, 07:56:22 AM »
So far I think I can make this one. Also Dave I'am picking Vacation for 2012. Will the tenative date for Talamania be May 18th thru 20th since the 13th is Mothers Day and28 is Memorial Day?

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69