Author Topic: Monthly Game Night at Dave's  (Read 208105 times)

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
Monthly Game Night at Dave's
« on: December 20, 2008, 02:33:29 PM »
There has been a large amount of interest from the locals to have a monthly gaming night.  I, too, love the idea.  As it is now, I game at least once a week, but want to involve more folks and more games.  Obviously, I love to play Warzone, and I am interested in playing Chronopia, too.  I am not limiting it to just these two games.  With that in mind:

I am officially announcing the Monthly Game Night at Dave's!

I am opening my house on the third Saturday of every month for gaming.  Obviously, this is the Talaminiatures Forum, so Talaminiatures games will be played more often than not.  I remain open to suggestions and majority-rule.  However, for the first two sessions, I would like to see Warzone then Chronopia.  After that, you choose.

Here is the tentative schedule:

January 17
February 21
March 21
April 18
May 16
June 20
July 18
August 15
September 19
October 17
November 21
December 19

I hope to see you, all, make a few of these.  I can promise fun and good gaming.  Texas Fries are a given, and a few barbeques may just happen to pop up during those months that promote outdoor cooking.

**** PLEASE, STICKY THIS ****
« Last Edit: December 20, 2008, 02:36:46 PM by dmcgee1 »
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
Re: Monthly Game Night at Dave's
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2008, 02:44:52 PM »
There has been a large amount of interest from the locals to have a monthly gaming night.  I, too, love the idea.  As it is now, I game at least once a week, but want to involve more folks and more games.  Obviously, I love to play Warzone, and I am interested in playing Chronopia, too.  I am not limiting it to just these two games.  With that in mind:

I am officially announcing the Monthly Game Night at Dave's!

I am opening my house on the third Saturday of every month for gaming.  Obviously, this is the Talaminiatures Forum, so Talaminiatures games will be played more often than not.  I remain open to suggestions and majority-rule.  However, for the first two sessions, I would like to see Warzone then Chronopia.  After that, you choose.

Here is the tentative schedule:

January 17
February 21
March 21
April 18
May 16
June 20
July 18
August 15
September 19
October 17
November 21
December 19

I hope to see you, all, make a few of these.  I can promise fun and good gaming.  Texas Fries are a given, and a few barbeques may just happen to pop up during those months that promote outdoor cooking.

**** PLEASE, STICKY THIS ****

Uhm...while I heartily endorse this idea I must ask your meaning and take slight umbrage the phrase "those months that promote outdoor cooking"

PS - thread is now sticky
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2008, 02:57:10 PM »
Uhm...while I heartily endorse this idea I must ask your meaning and take slight umbrage the phrase "those months that promote outdoor cooking"

I'm a wuss when it comes to the cold, and won't cook outdoors, then.  However, if someone with more skill and more fortitude toward the elements wishes to prepare the food, by all means, let me show you where the grill is!  ;D
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline MadBrad

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2008, 04:18:24 PM »
Very generous of you Dave.

Now, if only we could get a solid crew in Denver together for similar gaming sessions...

Someone have a brat for me!

Cybertronic - Superior by design

E-Bay Handle: bradthemad

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2008, 04:30:06 PM »
Very generous of you Dave.

Now, if only we could get a solid crew in Denver together for similar gaming sessions...

Someone have a brat for me!

On the days that Dave lists step outside your house and put your hand to your ear. Lean east and if you hear someone yelling Hillshire you say Farm.  :D
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2008, 05:12:03 PM »
Hmmm...  Warzone, Chrono are givens...

I'd like to get some B5 goin' against someone and maybe some Check Your 6 fighter duels.  I know Gun Moll will eb interested in that- she is finally working on her Corsairs.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2008, 09:27:53 PM »
Check the Mongoose Forum, John - B5 is no more.  Like us, they're keeping the system, but will not be using the B5 universe background or ships.

That said, CY6! and A Call to Arms (they're keeping the name of the game), and other games like LoS, SotC, Axis & Allies, Fortress America, Duel of Ages, Car Wars, Infernal Contraption, etc. are all available.  I would not even be averse to a good RPG or poker game.  It's wide open.

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2008, 04:17:52 PM »
Check the Mongoose Forum, John - B5 is no more.  Like us, they're keeping the system, but will not be using the B5 universe background or ships.

That said, CY6! and A Call to Arms (they're keeping the name of the game), and other games like LoS, SotC, Axis & Allies, Fortress America, Duel of Ages, Car Wars, Infernal Contraption, etc. are all available.  I would not even be averse to a good RPG or poker game.  It's wide open.

Screw Mongoose...  They are concentrating on their Battlefield Evolution line and they'll muck that up like their Starship Trooper game.... then they'll drop it too. :p :p

At least we can keep playing what we are playing.  IIRC, Iron Wind picked the moulds up.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

Offline luckyone

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2008, 06:24:47 PM »
I will try to make it every month. Would be an easy way to test out the boards and your armies for Talamania III.
Always look out for number one, but don't step in number two.
What do you mean Flash Gordon approaching? OPEN FIRE!
The entire Capitol Army.
Don't ever say anything but a 20 before rolling the dice.

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2008, 09:35:07 PM »
I will try to make it every month. Would be an easy way to test out the boards and your armies for Talamania III.

Yes.

Yes it would.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Tradition."

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2009, 03:29:17 PM »
Next game "night" - 21 Feb 2009

See y'all there.

Games to be played:
TBD

Offline Kaile_Bloodhammer

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2009, 01:48:14 PM »
Due to having made TWO other previous engagements I will not be able to attnd the next game night.  However I will be more than happy to show for the next one.  And I would very much lie to 1) try out Chronopia, and 2) Play test some of the chaos stuff that I have been working on.  The second assumes that by that time Thom or Dave will have the lists pointed as I don't have the Master Rubric and can't point anything.

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2009, 07:36:20 AM »
Due to having made TWO other previous engagements I will not be able to attnd the next game night.  However I will be more than happy to show for the next one.  And I would very much lie to 1) try out Chronopia, and 2) Play test some of the chaos stuff that I have been working on.  The second assumes that by that time Thom or Dave will have the lists pointed as I don't have the Master Rubric and can't point anything.

Well, I can't make this one either.  However, if you like, I can take a look at what you have.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Tradition."

Offline dane

• Board Member
  • The Board
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2009, 03:46:58 PM »
If I can drag my ass down there, can I make an appearance once and a while?

Just checking, been a ghost for a while...

The Dane of Pain
Bill Refsland
We are all who we say we are. So long as our actions are the same as our words.

Mishima prophet

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2009, 04:30:15 PM »
Yeah, about that, Bill...

I was checking the by-laws, and it clearly states that any guy who just pops up outta the blue (yes, it actually says, "outta the blue") needs to admit that David McGee is the greatest guy that ever lived, and that no one plays Warzone better than David McGee.

Once we cross that small hurdle, then you may show up.  ;D

Ah, fine, for you, we throw the book out the window.  See ya there, bud!