Author Topic: Dark Legion - Muawijhe 800pts  (Read 9048 times)

Offline Trollen

• Rafal Maj
    • HardOrc
Dark Legion - Muawijhe 800pts
« on: December 12, 2008, 06:04:05 PM »
Here's idea of my army of DL: Muawijhe for UWZ.

Nepharite of Muawijhe with Wind of Insanity
3x Doomsday Proclaimer
2 Immaculate Furies and 1 Leader
4x Karnophages
4x Karnophages
4x Karnophages
4x Karnophages
Ezoghoul
Ezoghoul

Tactic is quite simple: Ezoghouls go first than karnophages and proclaimers (Target priority maks you shoot ezoghouls first and that means: impenetrablity, AR 23, WD 5 Oh Yeah!). When I reach the second half of table I'm gonna charge with karnophages and ezoghouls. Proclaimers stay back (if this is possible with shotguns ;) ) and shoot. Furies are shields for their leader and nepharite. Leader uses Nazgaroth to eliminate lone enemies while nepharite uses wind of insanity to kill enemies in groups.

I havent tested it yet, but it came into my mind after last battle vs mishima. I used Necronian razides instead of Ezoghouls and Bhalaeron instead of Nepharite and there were 2 Proclaimers and 1 Immaculate interceptor. How i did? I won but I have to say that Proclaimers are quite weak (but fast). Razides are realy hard. One of them took fire from ashigaru for 3 turns and a charge of Death Bringer and it took no wound!!! Karnophages are even less than weak but they are quite cheap (4 for 88pts thats the cheapest grount unit you can take for muawijhe) and can be used as living shields if needed. Bhalaeron using wind of Insanity was good, but he has less PW than nepharite and I've noticed that Nepharites with 2PW more is a better choice than Bhalaeron and his visions. I hope I'll buy Ezoghouls realy soon and could tell you which army composition is better. Also you can see that this one with razides and furies and interceptor has 4 nazgaroths! That is a big thing! but I cant wait to see Ezoghouls in action!

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
Re: Dark Legion - Muawijhe 800pts
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2008, 02:00:15 PM »
*looks at list*

*blinks*

*blinks again*

That list is just plain mean.  I can see my cartel snipers working some serious overtime to drop ONE of those Ezoghouls, let alone the second.  Good luck to you... and to whomever ever you face with this.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline Nighthawk

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2008, 05:02:45 PM »
I don't like it.... as I would be the ones facing them with Bauhaus! Great, but scary list.. My last match were against a 500pts Muawihje army (with the cults, since both armies were painted, so what the heck.) I lost, barely and learned to fear the immaculate furies... So the fact that you're using two ezoboys and a unit of furies with karnophages as "bait".... Scary..

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2008, 11:16:50 AM »
The Vulkan Army of Doom would have no problems with that list.  Of course, how better to fight cheddar than with a fine brie. ;D
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2008, 12:55:31 PM »
Madness!  Madness!

Of course I guess that's the whole idea.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Trollen

• Rafal Maj
    • HardOrc
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2008, 05:34:06 PM »
Madness? This is Sparta!!!

OK some updates to that roster. The tournament will take place on 24th of January.
Official roster limitations are:
- max 800pts (no problem with that)
- max 1 elite unit of the same type (no problem with that too)
- max 1 support unit of the same type (ooops! 2 ezoghouls wont work for that :/)

So here is a new roster idea:
Nepharite (wind of insanity)
Immaculate Interceptor
Immaculate Furies (2+Leader)
Doomsday Proclaimer
4 Karnophages
4 Karnophages
4 Karnophages
4 Karnophages
Razide
Ezoghoul

Total is 776 so theres 24 points for use for support munitions and powers or maybe for one more kharnophage.
The 2nd roster could be Bahaleron with Wind of Insanity instead of Immaculate interceptor (theres still 13 points left for some support munitions for Ezoghoul)

Offline warzoneD

• Member Emeritus
  • Ad Astra Per Aspera
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2008, 05:54:54 PM »
Still pretty dang nasty - I haver 16 or so Karnos that are halfway painted - you may have inspired me to finish them!!!

Offline Gallagher_Standard_Barer

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2008, 01:46:22 PM »
I have a Muawijhe list, and my experience with Karnophage has been mixed.  They have a tendancy to become fast moving bullet catchers, especially if caught in the open as target priority.  That said in a board with enough cover with my Ezoghoul leading the charge they've done alright.

Granted my army composition is pretty severely limited by what I have available.  I think if I'd invested more points in Karnophages and had a second Ezoghoul, as you have, the outcome might have been different.  I know my list had at least one unit of Screaming Legionaires, maybe two.  I won a ton in an auction of random blister packs from a store that was clearing out old inventory years ago.  I probably have thirty something of the little buggers.

Offline warzoneD

• Member Emeritus
  • Ad Astra Per Aspera
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2008, 09:18:06 AM »
I've been assembling a unit of Zenithian Soulslayers - only 2 away from a full compliment!  :)

Slice and dice.

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2008, 09:20:42 AM »
Still got an eye out for you....
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Gallagher_Standard_Barer

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2008, 12:15:55 PM »
I'm excited to hear how this works out.  Like I said my own results with a similar list were pretty mixed, but I've got 8 painted Karnophages I would love to see get more action.

Oh, I just realized something!  I just bought a copy of Siege of the Citadel!  Which means I have access to a second Ezoghoul!  I may want to try a Karnophage, Ezoghoul, Soulslayer list.

Anyone know a good Karnophage proxy?  I'd need more...

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2008, 12:18:05 PM »
There was a topic about that recently - I recommend doing a search. IIRC the proxies recommended looked good and were said to be cheap
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline warzoneD

• Member Emeritus
  • Ad Astra Per Aspera
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2008, 01:48:45 PM »
THNX for the eye on the prize TK!

Offline Coil

• Board Member- First Crusader
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2009, 01:09:05 PM »
There's a whole bunch of proxy suggestions here.

Offline Trollen

• Rafal Maj
    • HardOrc
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2009, 05:00:13 AM »
I use great Andy Foster sculpts. You can buy it on Heresy Miniatures. They are called Lurkers. Great for muawijhe kharnophages. My friend told me he used GW New Crypt Ghouls (From Vampire Counts line), but i guess they wont be as good as great Heresy minis!