Author Topic: Datafeed 21:32:07 - Cybetronic Forces Repulse Dark Legion Raid At Manufactorium  (Read 9120 times)

Offline warzoneD

• Member Emeritus
  • Ad Astra Per Aspera
Location: Munitions Manufactorium Gamma-7.  After enduring an aerial pummeling from an orbiting Illian Star Cruiser, the dauntless 1724th, acting garison, emerged from their subterranean bunkers to repulse the would be plunderers.

Datefeed Syntax Error: Battlefield images are fuzzy due to a particle-field storm that inhibited their transmission.

No one knows how Illian's agents learned the location of this Top Secret military industrial complex, but it is apparent from the ragtag nature of their attack force that their leader, Karak the keeper, felt a hasty silent strike would be more effective than a large force that might risk detection by nearby Cybertronic starfleets.

The enemy touched down in an assault shuttle and spilled across the field, scrabbling over smouldering cinderblocks and piles of crates blown clear from their warehouses.  Our Cybertactics Tac-Analysis Corps. believes the raiders were looking to plunder our supplies of raw Irridium for fusion bomb manufacture. 

While the enemy's initial bombardment did in fact wipe out most of our forces, they had not anticipated our commanders calculated use the Manufactorium to rapidly asemble two Attilas Cuirassiers in join in their fight.

The enemy comprised--
Karak The Keeper
8 Acolytes, HMG, Ldr
7 Initiates, (2 FT specs, Ldr
6 Templars, 1 Voidbringer, 1 Ldr
1 Neronian Razide

The Remanants of the Cybertronic Garison--
5 People's Volunteers, 1 HMG, Sgt
5 Chausseurs, 1 HMG, 1 Sgt
6 Machinators MK I, LMG Spec.
4 Elite Reavers, Ldr
2 Attila Cuirassiers

REAL LIFE NOTE: My bud Dave was a big 40K guy.  He'd heard me talk about UWZ for a while and wanted to try it out.  We decided on a small game with two relatively simple forces.  He LOVED the Karak model and wanted to use it.  I wanted to try out my newly painted Reavers (Void Syntha Proxies).

We deployed using unit cards including a dummy card.  The field was approx 4' x 4'.

The lay of the land (Right side of the field). I put my two CC units here in the hopes of rushing his flank.  I placed my Reavers (green guys) up front which was risky (by the time we took this pic Karak had killed 3 of my precious elites with his Cthonic Transfuser!) but I wanted to bring to bear the SSW-4000 LMGs that each trooper was armed with.  The MK I's followed closely behind.

Dave placed his Initiates & Accolytes against me - a lot of firepower but low RC's.

(Left side) Here I put my firepower trying to create fire lanes that would keep Dave's guys ducking while I advanced my CC troops around the flank. 

The Attilas stepped up supported by Chausseurs and the PV's.

Dave had his Razide and Templars against me. 

Dave placed Karak dead in the center, and in the early turns charged him straight down my gullet.  A huge and intimidating target (I think this tactic came mostly due to his 40K b.g.) I unloaded at least 2 dozen shots (and wasted a lot fo actions) on this guy, but with that AR of 24 and some good rolling, Karak was all but untouched (I did do 1 WD).  He fired back killing a reaver who then exploded and took 2 others with him.  Ooch! 

In retaliation both my Attilas opened up on him, and even at MR, some nice rolling meant six hits.

Karak shook off AC shots like they were BB pellets but just when it seemed he would step from the smoke and exploded debris unharmed, a lucky Autocannon shot ripped through an exposed part of his armor and a digital surge of joy shot through the Cyber-forces as he fell (Teleporting back to the shuttle to nurse his wounds and await the outcome fo the battle).

Seizing the moment - The MK I's rumbled forward... even as the last reavers slowly went down charging into CC.

While the Acolytes desperately tried to bring their weapons to bear to slow their advance.  (Thank goodness for 2 WDs!)

The Initiates, caught out in the open, dashed to the right side to support the Razide. While the templars made a bold charge around the flank that killed most of the Chausseurs but cost them their own lives as well.

As the battle drew to a close (about 5 turns) the MK I's engaged the Acolytes in melee slaughtering most and scattering the few survivors with mechanical precision, while the PV's and the Attila's continued to bombard the remaning 2 shaken and leaderless Dark Legion units.  Seeing the day could not easily be won, Karak's shuttle to return to the starcruiser, leaving his troops to their inevitable fate.

And we had a jolly good time as well!

D
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 04:08:12 PM by warzoneD »

Offline Manic _Miner

• Member Emeritus
    • Four A miniatures
 Nice battle report WarzoneD.Cool pictures too.

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
Well done!
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Nighthawk

Great report.  :)

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
Sweet
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
Nicely done - Did I miss a post of your Reaver Proxies?
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
They look like Void products-one of the synths.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
True but I couldn't tell from the pix if any mods had been made
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline warzoneD

• Member Emeritus
  • Ad Astra Per Aspera
They are Void Synths (modded with guns in their hands) - as soon as I get my camera back I'll take a nice pic of them and share.

D
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 04:05:43 PM by warzoneD »

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
"I-I can't feel my mods!"
"That's cuz you ain't got no mods!"

Offline Petru5

• Keeping eastern KC an UWZ!!!
    • Conn-Man Games blog
And how did your buddy like UWZ compared to WH40K?
"Game over, man! Game over!"
-Private Hudson

Offline warzoneD

• Member Emeritus
  • Ad Astra Per Aspera
He loved it.  He liked the 20 siders and alter. activation, yet is wasn't so alien from 40K as say 5150, that he got turned off.

Offline Petru5

• Keeping eastern KC an UWZ!!!
    • Conn-Man Games blog
Excellent!  I doubt he's an instant convert, but at least he's someone new to enjoy the game!
"Game over, man! Game over!"
-Private Hudson

Offline luckyone

• Member Emeritus
Sweet battle report!!
Always look out for number one, but don't step in number two.
What do you mean Flash Gordon approaching? OPEN FIRE!
The entire Capitol Army.
Don't ever say anything but a 20 before rolling the dice.

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
Great Battle Report!!
Its not the dog in the fight, its the fight in the dog!

ebay "handle": irishdog143