Author Topic: Talamania III list  (Read 11107 times)

Offline wmeredith

• Ebay sig. 9390william.
Talamania III list
« on: December 08, 2008, 02:53:09 PM »
Hello

I plan to bring a Wolfpack army to the next Talamania. The list is somewhat inspired by Archers cartel list. I have edited the list to the 750 PC required for the tournament and to get some more boots on the ground.
4 Wolfbane Commando's
Wolfbane Chieftain - Smoke Grenades

4 Wolfbane Commando's
Wolfbane Chieftain-Smoke Grenades

4 Wolfbane Commandos
Chieftan
Wolfbane HMG Spec

5 Wolfbane Commandos
Chieftan - Smoke Grenades

4 Mourning Wolves
Mourning Wolf Chieftan -Smoke Grenades
Mourning Wolf heroine

Sean Gallagher

Total points 750 PC

wmeredith.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 09:35:58 AM by wmeredith »
Wise men say absolute power corrupts absolutely I am not a wise man.

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
Re: Thalamania III list
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2008, 06:14:28 PM »
...and, hopefully, by then, you will have leaned how to spell "Talamania," too!  ;D
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline wmeredith

• Ebay sig. 9390william.
Re: Talamania III list
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2008, 06:23:37 PM »
Hello

Thank you, error corrected. Hopefully we can get more "Talamania" lists going here.

wmeredith
Wise men say absolute power corrupts absolutely I am not a wise man.

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2008, 05:47:32 AM »
Hmmmm, must think long and hard about what I'm bringing.  Will it be the forces of cybertronic, or will Maj Anderson and Reene MacRae finally meet in mortal combat?
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline luckyone

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2008, 09:35:39 AM »
The entire Capital army

and all my Imperials.

Capital - 750, 800 and 1000 standard Heavy x2, Assault Marine x2 (HMG's or RL) Orcas in support if points allow.

Imperial - 1000 concept army - hint stealth up the ying yang with 2x Walkers w/ smoke.
Always look out for number one, but don't step in number two.
What do you mean Flash Gordon approaching? OPEN FIRE!
The entire Capitol Army.
Don't ever say anything but a 20 before rolling the dice.

Offline warzoneD

• Member Emeritus
  • Ad Astra Per Aspera
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2008, 12:02:51 PM »
Where is Talamania and why is it called that?

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2008, 02:08:53 PM »
Okay, I'll break it down for those in the dark.  Thom Talamini is our friend who produced both Chronopia and Ultimate Warzone, under the now defunct, Excelsior company.  He maintains these forums for us with his own money, just because he's friends with a lot of us. 

Each year, for the last two, and now going on three, we organize our own event to play Ultimate Warzone and Chronopia.  Our first event had 19 players from as far away as Sweden and California.  Not bad for an event hosted by our own Dave McGee in his home in Sharon Hill Pennsylvania.

You can check out all the Talamania threads we've had and currently have to see pics, put names to faces, find a place to stay, and participate.  Usually our event is in May, but this year we may move it to the end of April.  Regardless, you'll have ample notice of when and where it will be.

Last year Craig Mercer (aoi cobalt) drove in from Ohio, and I got to play some Chronopia with him.  I've met more people from this forum than any other I frequent, and every event is a blast.  Come on out and experience it for yourself.
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline warzoneD

• Member Emeritus
  • Ad Astra Per Aspera
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2008, 11:39:36 PM »
very cool.  Thnx for the info and the invite.  Making it will be a matter of work schedgy.

D

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2008, 07:08:29 PM »
Hmmmm, must think long and hard about what I'm bringing.  Will it be the forces of cybertronic, or will Maj Anderson and Reene MacRae finally meet in mortal combat?

Reena looks forward to thumping the not-so-good major right in the- Hey!  I can't write that here...

Well why not?
It won't spell out what you want... censors ya know.

I see worse on what you guys call TV...
Point.  But still....

Oh alright... go Pc with it then. Sheesh...
*ahem*  Yeah... she intends to lay a butt-whupping on him.

If you bring Cyber, perhaps the 99th Striker (aka The Machine) and what you bring can take on all comers...
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2008, 04:54:15 AM »
I'll add you to the list-I also have an...agreement with Topkick, er, Sardonicus that our Dark Legion also team up!  Looks like we are setting the stage for some great four way battles!
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2008, 04:17:39 PM »
Haupt Kaptain McGee will, gladly, stand shoulder to shoulder with Archer's finest.  The Legion needs to remember it's place - the bottom of my boot!  (Ewww...legionnaire juice...ick)
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2008, 07:30:10 PM »
Haupt Kaptain McGee will, gladly, stand shoulder to shoulder with Archer's finest.  The Legion needs to remember it's place - the bottom of my boot!  (Ewww...legionnaire juice...ick)

Hmmm...  How can I argue that?  Haupt-kaptain McGee tends to bring alot of Long Range pain....  And I think Reena is rather pleased by that prospect.

Reena, put away the Punishers!  it's not time yet...

Aaaaww....

I'm certain if you ask the Kaptain nicely, he'll let you take Anderson's scalp for a trophy.

It'll do, Archer... it'll do...

*ahem*

Dave, if Veez is  game for it I think we have a team up.  I think I have enough shotguns...
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2008, 07:35:45 PM »

Sardonicus frowned. He prided himself on knowing the names of those who would be a factor in the coming struggle. However the name of Haupt Kapitan Mcgee was not familiar. Could it be that Sardonicus was loosing focus? Who was this McGee...someone's pet perhaps? Or someone deserving Sardonicus' special attention? Time would tell. The first step, however, was to gather intell.

Sardonicus sent instructions to Mr Edenson - Please look into the life of one Haupt Kaptain McGee - He has decided to take an interest in our business and that makes him worthy of scrutiny.

Sardonicus leaned back and folded his hands into a steeple. Intell would be forthcoming...Mr Edenson never failed. Sardonicus smiled - Haupt Kaptain McGee was about to become an open book.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2008, 09:36:28 AM »
The fact McGee is an open book  takes nothin' away from your fiction, Hal.   ::)
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2008, 03:31:38 PM »
"I'm still awaiting that communique."

"It has not, yet, arrived, nor has anyone heard from the courier within the last several hours."

"Intercepted?"

"One can hope."

Intelligence warfare could be almost as fun as actual exchange of ordnance.  In this case, though, it was a duel of wits, and the legion could not, possibly, measure up.  Misinformation, misdirection, and overt leaking of known inteliigence disguised to appear secret were all tools of the trade.  The legion were no carpenters; hell, they weren't even union.