Author Topic: Status and Projections for Next Year  (Read 60899 times)

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
Status and Projections for Next Year
« on: November 26, 2008, 06:09:05 AM »
  Anderson sat behind his desk, reading the latest Freelancer of Fortune.  Someone's plans got disrupted in the sewers, he thought to himself.  He was looking over the classified adds when he felt the presence of his usual visitor.
  "Anderssson, why do you fail me...again?"
  Anderson folded his magazine and put it down calmly, masking his anger.  "In what way do I 'fail you' now?"
  The nepharite, now fully formed paced back and forth in the office, "You have fallen behind.  Where are my cultists?  Where are my Neronian Legionnaires?  They are the only the beginning..."
  "The cultists are almost done, I'm just waiting on a final shipment from a source."
  "The Topkick?"
  "No, his latest is related the Imperial contract."
  "Yessss, and this brings me to the cruxsss of the problem.  The Dark Legion forces languishhhh when you shhhhould be working on them."
  "They are on my to-do list." Andersone grumbled and turned away.
  "THEY WHY ARE THEY DOING NOTHING WHEN I SEE LEGIONS OF BAUHAUS, MISHIMA, AND CYBERTRONIC TO INCLUDE CORAL BEACH!?"
  Anderson whirled, Dark Symmetry crackling in his fist, "Because unlike you I have bills to pay!  I am training Recitors!  I am working on a prototype Coral Beach!  Your interference gains us both nothing!  When the shipment arrives I will be able to complete both the Cults and the Templars and Children of Illian, doubling her forces in the area."
 The nepharite calmed, "Very well," it spoke then faded away.
 Anderson Gritted his teeth and  looked over to his planning list:

Proposed projects

End of Current Year
Acolyte Squads (x2) Complete!
Destroyer Squad (x1) Complete!
Templar Squad (x1) [mission failed-bump to new year]
Wheeled Templar Squad (x1) [new]
Children of Illian Squad (x1)  [mission failed-bump to new year]
Brass Apocalypt  [mission failed-bump to new year]
Coral Beach Conversion (x2)-complete (paint to follow next year)
Recitor Conversion (x2)-complete (paint to follow next year)

New Year
Templar Squad (x1) [Complete
Wheeled Templar Squad (x1) [Complete]
Children of Illian Squad (x1)   [Complete]
Invidian Reavers (x2) [Complete]
Brass Apocalypt (x1) [Complete]
Heretics of Semai (x2)[Complete]
Chronoscape Boris Figure Conversion Heretics of Semai (x2)[Complete]
Brides of Semai (x2) [Complete]
Dissadents (x2)[Complete]
Cursed (or Neronian depending on your personal definition) Legionnaires (x5)[Complete]
Reaver Necromower (x2) [Awaiting assembly and painting] 
[Signals Dark Legion Complete]

Ronin Samurai Squad (x1)
Mishiman Force Commander (x2)
Ameratsu (x1)
[Signals Mishima complete]

Hussar Squad (x1)
Hussar Mortar Team (x1)
Strike Komando Squad (x1)[primed-awaiting paint]
Dragoon Squad (x1)
Recitor Squad (x1)[converted-awaiting paint]
Grizzly (x1)
Vikor Battlesuits Squad (x1) [primed-awaiting paint]
Judge and his flunkies (x1)[converted-[New Sculpt complete-old sculpt up for grabs if anyone is interested]
Legate Squad (x1) [converted-awaiting paint]
GT Offorad (x2)
[Signals Bauhaus complete]

Chasseur Squad (x1)
TA-6500 rework (x1)
People Volunteer Proxy Squads (x2)
19th Silents Squads (x3)
Coral Beach (x1)[Converted-awaiting paint]
Machinators MKI Squad (x1)
Operations Overseer (x1) [Converted-awaiting paint]
Machinators MKII Squad (x2)
Reaver Squad (x1)
New Cancer HMG conversion (x1) [In progress]
[Singals Cybertronic complete]

Imperial
Too much to list

Brotherhood
Too much to list

Tribes
Projects
Templar Stingray
Templar Cavalry
Sons of Rasputin Cavalry [added]
everything else-too much to list

Vehicles
Troop Hummers (x2) complete!
HMG Hummers (x2) complete!
Generic Trucks (x2)
Undisclosed Capitol Vehicle Project #1 (x1)
Undisclosed Capitol Vehicle Project #2 (x1)
Undisclosed Imperial Vehicle Project (x1)

Terain
Landing pad
Platformer Stuff a go-go!

Not sure how much of this I'll be able to pull off in a year but I'm willing to give it a try.  The fact that I already own 70% of this list helps.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 06:37:02 AM by Veez »
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
Re: Status and Projections for Next Year
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 06:39:05 AM »
Applaud button in effect.  I love the fiction.  The Topkick?  Even the Nepharites pay homage to The Topkick.   :D
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2008, 07:32:17 AM »
Indeed.... he gets some props for this... and it inspired me too.

Lit to come soon. ;D
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2008, 07:59:42 AM »
Reena looked up, her punishers in hand as the door to her office banged open to reveal Cartel Agent Mace.  "Oh it's you…" She grumbled as the pistols were set on the table.

"What?  You expecting someone else?" Mace said as he spun the chair around and sat.  "Make some new friends in Capitol last weekend did you?"

A grimace.  "Shut up, Mace…  Ain't got no friends there; last one I had now writes for that rag FoF."  Leaning back, Reena took a bowie out of her desk .  "Not even a great article… but I had my say…  It'll do."

A chuckle.  "Well… your activities in McGeeville earned someone's ire.  I've got a Capitol Junior Colonel looking for your scalp and an Inquisitor wondering if you've become tainted…"

A string of curses from the bounty hunter.  "Those %^#^#@!!!$#% blighters!!!  That Cap major was the lead group for two batches of friggin Dark Legion!  It was all me boys and your glory-hound kungfu experts could do to whip on one batch of them.  One group had Anderson's Fingerprints all over them, for Durand's sake!!  Tell me you got a line on that bastard…"  She calmed some.  "And that Inquisitor can suck eggs.  Had that bastard asked after what we had faced, I could have told him without the bullets.  He got what he deserved though…."

A smile.  "We're working it….  However, I've got another job for you, if you can keep from picking fights with the local Brotherhood reps again."

Reena sat up.  "Of course I can… as long as they don't show up trying to stuff us under some hold again, we're golden."

"Good…  O'Hare needs a babysitter for this next job and I think you are just the person to do it."

A snort.  "That skirt-chaser?  Bugger needs a walker, not a babysitter…. And his men all need baths.and manners adjustments."

"It's only for two contracts… then I'd like you and some of the Darkslayers along for a raid I'm planning, once I get the latest transfers in for the SecFor section."

"More cops?"

"Yes… I understand they did a good job for you this go around."

"They did…  and let me know when they get in; I wanna meet who I'm gonna be working alongside."

Mace smiled.  "That would be me…  It's time for some fieldwork again while Michaels is off on vacation."

"Good… I'll be here."

My own projects (to complete before Talamania)

two more 5-man Security Police- from Cadians -completed and painted
second ten man O'Hares Irregulars- from Catachans.  m606 conversions to be made.
Assassin team- APAC Ninjas. (in work)

new unit Mortificators (need to find some)  (in work)
finish up Blitzers for Bauahas list
paint Cybertronic Scorpion.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 06:17:39 AM by Archer »
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2008, 09:42:02 AM »
Even the Nepharites pay homage to The Topkick.   :D

ALL bow to the Topkick-after all, he's my number one enabler, uh dealer, er supplier-yes that's it, supplier!
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Nighthawk

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2008, 10:10:54 AM »
Hahaha. Great read. :) It's good to see some Cults and Ilian action at the start of your proposed work! Wish thee good luck on thy quest Veez.

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2008, 09:17:10 AM »
The end of the year had caught up with Maj Anderson.  He looked over his training schedules and winced-the cultists were behind schedule.  The armored utility vehicles were completed but painting was still an issues.  He had run out of time and there were those who would not be happy.  As if on cue, he felt the presence behind him.
"It is time to payyy major!"
"I'M NOT YOUR SLAVE!" the major screamed and dark energies spewed forth between the two.  A alarm soundes and in rushed Anderson's men.  They stared dumbly at the stream of energies flowing beneath their employer and the darker form.
"Shoot you fools!" Anderson screamed and the men hesitantly opened fire.  The power stopped flowing and the nepharite flicked a dismissive hand towards the men.  They flew back and hit the wall.  Anderson stared panting, dark orbs of power in his hands.
"That wasss unwissse...there are thossse who will find sssuch an outburssst...interesssting."  The Nepharite faded away.
Anderson cursed; the thing was right.  It was time to shut down operations for a while.  Two to three weeks at a minimum.   He needed to be elsewhere, quickly.  He walked over to one of the slumped individuals on the floor and kicked him in the leg, "Wake up.  We have some packing to do."

In a small cell, buried deep in the Cathedral on Venus, a lone mystic floated inches above the floor, eyes closed in silent meditation.  Suddenly she awoke and came to rest on a tatami mat.  She reached over an pulled a silk red braided rope.  Seconds later an attendant rushed in, "You summoned your grace?"
"Yes, tell the second directorate I have tracked a flair of Dark Symmetry out in the jungles...and get me my contact at the Cartel."

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2008, 04:34:46 AM »
Anderson hurredly packed and was out the door when the Nepharite came again. 
"Andersoooon, I've come to-" It's lilting his was cut short as Imperail Assault rifles cut into it.  It turned to see the band of cultists ripping into him.  Then the chargers opened up.  The Nepharite staggered and fell to its knees.
"You are my servants-how dare you?" it gasped. 
Anderson looked down at the creature as it fell to its side, "No, we are servants of the Dark Soul.  You are merely his lackey."  He turned to the cultists.  Burn this thing and continue with shut-down operations."  Four utility vehicles, two up-armored transports and two up-armored with turrets drove past.  He smiled to himself; he had been able to complete a few task after all.  Anderson looked down at the body of the Nepharite as his men poured fuel on it. 
"I can't believe you fell for the same trick twice."  He would have to find its clone body; he refused to be a slave to this...thing.  In the mean time, he would have to lay low for a while.  He had completed the cultist by his deadline that he had set, but he had not completed the troops for Ilian and she could get hissy if denied.  The only consolation he had for her was that he now would be preparing both regular Templars and Wheeled Templars.  It would have to do.

[I'll try to get pics up but it may be a while]
« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 04:46:12 AM by Veez »

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2009, 09:57:39 AM »
Cult Army (Complete!)

Hummers
These were made from some hummer toys I found at Dollar General.  They are a polystyrene glue compatable plastic and they are the perfect scale.  The first thing I did was do some initial cuts to remove the soft back on the troop hummers to build the armored troop compartment (shown below).  I then put plastic behind the side windows and built a face new front window to hide the interior (I didn't want to hassle with making and inserting drivers).  I then scratch-built a simple turret and the armored section, added some bits to make them look "heavier" and viola!  Good for Warzone, 40K, Vor, No Limits (which is the only game mentioned that allows one to have that sort of thing ironically).

Toys with initial cuts

Convoy in a ravine

Turreted Hummers

Troop Hummers, seats 4-6 depending on how many you want to stuff in the rear compartment.

And yes I used GW bits.  Sue me.

Offline MadBrad

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2009, 11:44:25 AM »
The Cultist army looks good, and those kitbashed hummers look very good.

Keep up the good work.
Cybertronic - Superior by design

E-Bay Handle: bradthemad

Offline Nighthawk

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2009, 12:43:50 PM »
Good work!  :D

Offline Manic _Miner

• Member Emeritus
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2009, 01:48:00 PM »
 They look great.

Offline warzoneD

• Member Emeritus
  • Ad Astra Per Aspera
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2009, 07:39:04 PM »
Well done, sir!  Well, done!

Offline luckyone

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2009, 10:36:29 AM »
Very nice additions!
Always look out for number one, but don't step in number two.
What do you mean Flash Gordon approaching? OPEN FIRE!
The entire Capitol Army.
Don't ever say anything but a 20 before rolling the dice.

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2009, 07:35:47 PM »
Updated.  Photos to follow eventually.