Author Topic: TALAMANIA III  (Read 46032 times)

Offline wmeredith

• Ebay sig. 9390william.
Re: TALAMANIA III
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2008, 11:11:28 AM »

I'm thinkin' I need to bring the Cartel though.  Especially if Bill is bringin' a bunch a knives to a gunfight. :)

Don't forget I am bringing the girls too, leather and chains night. They request you have your hat on.

wmeredith
Wise men say absolute power corrupts absolutely I am not a wise man.

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2008, 01:41:37 PM »
I forgot about the hat.   :D
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2008, 01:50:55 PM »

I'm thinkin' I need to bring the Cartel though.  Especially if Bill is bringin' a bunch a knives to a gunfight. :)

Don't forget I am bringing the girls too, leather and chains night. They request you have your hat on.

wmeredith

Not a problem.  The hat will be there... :)
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2008, 01:56:50 PM »
I forgot about the hat.   :D

Ah Padawan....  Sometimes Attire is key part of good substantial smack talk.  See Whoop A$$ or Big Johnson/Big Dog t-shirt series.  These shirts can be key supplements to effective Smack-Talk... but only if the wearer is confident of his skills.

Or just thinks the shirt is cool. :)

John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline Glenn M

« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2008, 02:47:19 PM »
I need to get a shirt that says "My army is painted better then your army, therefore I win."

I don't care if it is true or not.  I just like to think that in my head.

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2008, 02:54:29 PM »
I like it. 
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2008, 03:59:57 PM »
In truth Glenn, I've seen your painting, and if you make it to Talamania, I'll make every effort to psych myself up despite being out-painted.

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2008, 09:13:06 PM »
The obvious counter to the well painted army is to make them face pewter platoons with a hand written army list. Nothing says yawn to a well painted army and prepared adversary than looking like you pulled it all out of your butt without thought or prep. Add in a few comments like "Yeah, I meant to paint my army but the girlfriend kept bringing home packages from Victoria Secret" and the air of confidence generated by the excellent paint jobs is replaced with a downward spiral of worthlessness as the opponent realizes "I spent my time painting this army while Hal was having a great time" . Sometimes they cry   :P

"Yes! Yes! Oh let me taste your tears....Oh, the tears of unfathomable sadness! My-yummy! My-yummy"
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2008, 04:15:22 AM »
Okay...little creepy, but I get the point.  (Note to self - never, but never, cry in front of Hal - or anyone else...again)
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2008, 04:20:49 AM »
***  UPDATE ***

I would like to get the date nailed down no later than January 4th, 2009.  This will give folks plenty of time to get the dates reserved (time-off and what-not).  Please, choose a weekend that works best for you, and know that I will do everything on this end to ensure that the days are worth it.

Remember, vote - it's not just a right, it's your responsibility.  Rock the Vote! (don't rock the vote, baby) Rock the Vote! (don't tip the vote over) Rock the Vooooooote!
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline T Prime

• Big Kahuna, Chairman of the Board
  • Administrator
  • Member Prime
« Reply #40 on: December 15, 2008, 09:45:49 AM »
The obvious counter to the well painted army is to make them face pewter platoons with a hand written army list. Nothing says yawn to a well painted army and prepared adversary than looking like you pulled it all out of your butt without thought or prep. Add in a few comments like "Yeah, I meant to paint my army but the girlfriend kept bringing home packages from Victoria Secret" and the air of confidence generated by the excellent paint jobs is replaced with a downward spiral of worthlessness as the opponent realizes "I spent my time painting this army while Hal was having a great time" . Sometimes they cry   :P

"Yes! Yes! Oh let me taste your tears....Oh, the tears of unfathomable sadness! My-yummy! My-yummy"

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!  Brilliant!!!  Guess I've been using that one. ;-)
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc
Excelsior!!

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #41 on: December 15, 2008, 12:23:00 PM »
Hal we all know those packages from Victoria's Secret are for you!!   :D ;) ;D

I may have to admin myself right off of this thread.  I'm goin' off the rails on the Slater train.

Offline Glenn M

« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2008, 02:20:41 PM »
Now, what does it mean when you not only have a pile of well painted pewter, but you also have a hot wife who brings home Victoria Secrets, cuz I'm in that club.

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #43 on: December 15, 2008, 03:03:08 PM »
There's a friggin club for that???  Dude, that is awesome.  What's the name of the cluab and/or it's website?  ;D

Offline Coil

• Board Member- First Crusader
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #44 on: December 15, 2008, 03:38:51 PM »
I voted for the April date but the mid May date works as well.

I want to play both Warzone and Chronopia (Josh wants to get beaten again ;)). I'll probably try to arrive a day or two before the games start to get rid of the jetlag and see some of the local sights.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 03:41:17 PM by Coil »