Author Topic: TALAMANIA III  (Read 46028 times)

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
Re: TALAMANIA III
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2008, 07:22:13 PM »
*Looks over tables*

You do know you make it difficult to pick what army I wanna play right?

Well... my decision will be based upon three things-

Official clarification from Prime on hierarchical War-gear (ie: can Doom Troopers take Nite-Vision?)

If any of the Cartel units submitted get approved and released (Again- Prime)

and

Does Weather really affect AI's? (if so, my 750 Cyber list has 30 loose points to spend on enviro-gear.)

I'm thinkin' I need to bring the Cartel though.  Especially if Bill is bringin' a bunch a knives to a gunfight. :)
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2008, 07:39:45 PM »
Dave -

When you get the trophy made please remind the engraver that there is 1 b in Gibson  ;D
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2008, 06:28:19 AM »
Speakin' of knives to a gunfight, John, you won't have the luxury of hidin' in the back for me to ferret you out.  I appreciate your tenacity, but it borders on stubborn.

Since it appears Chronopia is not scheduled at all, I'll just have to play Warzone and throw lots of 1's.

Cheers.

P.S.  If some are bringing Chronopia, I'd like to know, and also if we can use both sides of the basement again.  I might run a tourney over there if we can do it, and we have interest.

Otherwise, I just have to beat up on Archer, and that's so boring.   ;D
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2008, 12:48:46 PM »
Speakin' of knives to a gunfight, John, you won't have the luxury of hidin' in the back for me to ferret you out.  I appreciate your tenacity, but it borders on stubborn.

Hiding!?!?  I advanced until the lines fell apart.  After that, it's called take a better position, thankyouverymuch.

I figgered I'd drop another Inquisitor before Reena kicked it.  But that's cool; You won't be so lucky with them Mortificators next time...

Since it appears Chronopia is not scheduled at all, I'll just have to play Warzone and throw lots of 1's.

Cheers.

P.S.  If some are bringing Chronopia, I'd like to know, and also if we can use both sides of the basement again.  I might run a tourney over there if we can do it, and we have interest.

Otherwise, I just have to beat up on Archer, and that's so boring.   ;D

Whenever Slater.... I'm certain Dave is more than willing to referee.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 05:46:09 PM by Archer »
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2008, 01:39:49 PM »
I was wondering when you'd chime in, John.  I look forward to another Warzone extravaganza, and more successful shadow walking.  Tee hee.

Tell Les I say hi while we're at it.

Cheers.

Offline Glenn M

« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2008, 02:07:31 PM »
If I come, I am only interested in playing Chronopia, Warzone just ain't my thing.

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2008, 02:19:16 PM »
Forgive me for being a bit dense - I meant to post that the Chronopia Tourney could be played conceurrently, or the next day, depending upon the wishes of the players.  Some may want to play both Tournies.  I might be able to get creative with the schedule and be able to accommodate all on Saturday, if all are willing to leave other gaming to Sunday.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2008, 02:28:02 PM »
Thanks Dave. 

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2008, 03:13:24 PM »
Josh i'll bring my Swamp Goblins and Firstborn. Would'nt mind getting a couple of Chronopia games in. ;) ;)
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2008, 04:04:16 PM »
Dang laptop!!  Let's try again: I want Chronopia if Glenn and others are coming, and I'll set up more tables to do it, and no one can stop me!!!

Mwahahahaha!!

I'll play some Warzone too, but y'all know Chrono's the game that stole my heart.

Offline Glenn M

« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2008, 04:13:52 PM »
I am going to need to know when this is going to be soon so I can get the days off I need.  I also have to consider what to do with the Mrs.  I could bring her, but she'll be rather bored (and probably ****ed I drug her across the state to play games) and we'll have to find babysitting, if I leave her home she'll be ****ed I left her home with 2 kids.  Also, I'll be packing Elves, Stygian, Swampies, and possibly Firstborn and small amounts of Blackbloods.  I'll probably leave the terrain at home.

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2008, 05:48:38 PM »
I am going to need to know when this is going to be soon so I can get the days off I need.  I also have to consider what to do with the Mrs.  I could bring her, but she'll be rather bored (and probably ****ed I drug her across the state to play games) and we'll have to find babysitting, if I leave her home she'll be ****ed I left her home with 2 kids.  Also, I'll be packing Elves, Stygian, Swampies, and possibly Firstborn and small amounts of Blackbloods.  I'll probably leave the terrain at home.

Yeah....

That would be an issue.  There are a few theme parks in the area (Sesame Place, Great Adventure) that might be open for child enjoyment..  There is also the museums and such in Philly proper.  How old are the kids?
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Tradition."

Offline Glenn M

« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2008, 06:10:54 PM »
3 + 5, though I may be able to sap a babysitter.  I am actually more worried about what to do with the wife.  She doesn't drive . . . .

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2008, 06:28:07 PM »
3 + 5, though I may be able to sap a babysitter.  I am actually more worried about what to do with the wife.  She doesn't drive . . . .

At the risk of having her hate before she meets me I have to offer the following -

Put her on beer and snack patrol so we don't have to interrupt our games tp get Death Fries and cold ones  :o  ;D

I'm goin' to hell for that one......  ;D

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Drachen

• Journeyman
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2008, 09:40:46 AM »
stupid work thing, since I'm in a 24/7 environment it's hard for me to request off. I'll see what i can pull though when a weekend has been nailed down.