Author Topic: Mutant Chronicles Release Timeline 1993-2008  (Read 18998 times)

Offline Nighthawk

Mutant Chronicles Release Timeline 1993-2008
« on: November 23, 2008, 03:35:28 PM »
This is a circa timeline for the Mutant Chronicles products released from 1993 until now. It will be updated as new products are released. I think this is a nice list for people interested in checking out the Mutant Chronicles world. When I first got into this world I def. needed a list like this, so here is to the young me reading this. ;P

Mutant Chronicles RPG (by Target Games) (miniatures by Heartbreaker Hobbies)

* 1993: #4001 1rst Edition RPG Rulebook
    * 1993: #4002 Brotherhood: The Cleansing Flame of the Cardinal                             (sourcebook)
    * 1993: #4003 Imperial: The Clans of Damnation                                                    (sourcebook)
    * 1994: #4004 Freelancer's Handbook Gamemaster's Screen
    * 1994: #4005 Capitol: Pride and Profit                                                                  (sourcebook)
    * 1994: #4006 Algeroth: The Apostle of War, With the Heretic's Handbook                 (sourcebook)
    * 1995: #4007 Bauhaus: The Power of Heritage                                                      (sourcebook)
    * 1996: #4008 Cybertronic: The Empire of Steel and Stealth                                     (sourcebook)
    * 1996: #4009 Mishima: Death Before Dishonor                                                       (sourcebook)
    * 1996: #4011 Ilian: Mistress of the Void                                                                (sourcebook)
    * 1996: #4012 The Venusian Apocalypse Part 1: The Second Seal of Repulsion           (adventure)
    * 1996: #4013 The Venusian Apocalypse Part 2: The Four Riders                              (adventure)
    * 1997: #4014 The Venusian Apocalypse Part 3: Beyond The Pale                             (adventure)
    * 1997: #9010 2nd Edition RPG Rulebook

* 2009? 3rd Edition RPG Rulebook (by COG Games)    CANCELLED 2009

Mutant Chronicles Boardgames (by Target Games/Heartbreaker Hobbies)

* 1993: #4300 Siege Of The Citadel
                    *1993: Battle of the Citadel: The Brotherhood (expansion only available in Swedish from magazine Sinkadus #41+#42)
                      2004: Available in English from www.mutantpedia.com
    * 1993: #9001 Blood Berets
    * 1994: #9002 Fury Of The Clansmen

Mutant Chronicles Books

The Apostle of Insanity Trilogy

* 1993 (Dec): In Lunacy (by William F. Wu)
    * 1994 (June): Frenzy (by John-Allen Pric)
    * 1994 (Dec): Dementia (by Michael A. Stackpole)

* 2008: Mutant Chronicles (movie tie-in) (by Matt Forbeck, based on the screenplay by Philip Eisner)

Doomtrooper Collectible Card Game '94-'99?(list of sets/expansions) I don't know the release year on every expansion, please enlighten me if you know.

* 1994: Doomtrooper
    * 1995: Inquisition
    * Warzone
    * Mortificator
    * Golgotha
    * Apocalypse
    * Paradise Lost

Dark Eden Collecible Card Game I don't know anything about this one except owning a booster pack.

* 1996: Dark Eden Basic Set
    * Genesis Expansion

Video Games

* 1995: Doom Troopers (SNES)

Mutant Chronicles: Warzone Miniature Game (by Target Games)

1rst Edition

* 1995: #9401 Warzone: A Fast and Furious Miniatures Battle Game
    * 1997: #9402 Dawn of War
    * 1997: #9404 Beasts of War
    * 1997: #9406 Casualties of War
    * 1997: #9407 Dark Eden
    * 1998: #9410 The Brotherhood Cathedral    (A Campaign Pack For Warzone)
    * 1998: #9411 Bauhaus Bunker                     (A 3D Expansion Set For Warzone)
    * 1998: #9412 Imperial Bridgehead               (A 3D Expansion Set For Warzone)

2nd Edition

* 1998: #2420 Warzone Box Set (including 3 books The Chronicles of War, The Rules of War and The Forces of War)
    * 1998: Venus: Bauhaus Forces of War
    * 1999: Mars: Capitol Forces of War

3rd Edition (by Excelsior Entertainment)

* 2004: Ultimate Warzone Rulebook

Mutant Chronicles Comics

* 1996 May: Golgotha Part I of IV (including Doomtrooper card 'Hunter Special Forces Badass)
    * 1996 June: Golgotha Part II of IV (including Doomtrooper card 'Wolfe In The Heat')
    * 1996 July: Golgotha Part III of IV (including Dooomtrooper card 'By The Throath')
    * 1996 Aug: Golgotha Part IV og IV (including Doomtrooper card 'Primal B'itch'
    * 1996 Sep: Mutant Chronicles: Sourcebook

Mutant Chronicles Warzone Magazine

* 1996 Chronicles From The Warzone #1
    * 1996 Chronicles From The Warzone #2
    * 1996 Chronicles From The Warzone #3
    * 1996 Chronicles From The Warzone #4
    * 1997 Chronicles From The Warzone #5
    * 1997 Chronicles From The Warzone #6
    * 1997 Chronicles From The Warzone #7
    * 1997 Chronicles From The Warzone #8
    * 1997 Chronicles From The Warzone #9
    * 1997 Chronicles From The Warzone #10
    * 1998 Chronicles From The Warzone #11
    * 1998 Chronicles From The Warzone #12
    * 1998 Chronicles #1 (The New Era)
    * 1999 Chronicles #2 (The New Era)
    * 1999 Chronicles #3 (The New Era)
    * 1999 Archives #1 (The Target Games Catalogue: Miniature and Collecting at it's best)

Mutant Chronicles Movie

* 2008: Mutant Chronicles (by Simon Hunter, with Thomas Jane, Ron Perlman, Sean Pertwee and John Malkovich)
    * 2009: US Theatrical Limited Release 24th of April 2009 through Magnolia Films.

Mutant Chronicles Miniatures Game (by Fantasy Flight Games) (Lasted from Sept 2008 to April 9th 2009)

* 2008 Sept: MC01 Starter Set                  (6 miniatures, map, all cards, dice. 3 Capitol and 3 Algeroth)
    * 2009 April: MC20 Lost Legions               (14 miniatures, promo cards and promo map. 5 Capitol incl. Hunter, 6 Bauhaus incl. Steiner and 3 Algeroth)
    * 2009 April: MC01a Dice Sets                  (8 dice)

Algeroth Warpacks

* 2008 Sept: MC07 Nepharite Overlords      (2 minis: Alakhai and Golgotha)
    * 2008 Sept: MC08 Gommorian Hammer    (3 minis: Gommorian Emasculator, Technomancer, and Necromutant Trooper)
    * 2008 Sept: MC09 Warmaster's Legions     (3 minis: Tekron Warmaster, Technomancer, and Necromutant Trooper)
    * 2008 Oct: MC14 Necrotech                     (4 minis: Necromutant Tormentor, Necromutant Defiler, Technomancer and Supreme Technomancer.)
    * 2008 Nov: MC16 The Dark Wager            (3 minis: Ezoghoul x2, Ezoghoul Ravenger)

Bauhaus Warpacks

* 2008 Oct: MC12 Venusian Command       (4 minis: Venusian Ranger Kapitan x2, Venusian Ranger Trooper, Bear Sergeant)
    * 2008 Oct: MC13 Order of the Bear          (3 minis: Bear Trooper x2, Bear Sergeant, Bear Kapitan)
    * 2008 Nov: MC18 Vulkan's Fist                 (3 minis: Venusian Ranger Sergeant, Venusian Ranger Trooper, Vulkan Battlesuit)

Brotherhood Warpacks

* 2008 Oct: MC10 Fury's Wrath                   (4 minis: Fury Elite Bishop, Inquisitor Majoris, Fury Elite Guard, Fury Elite Templar)
    * 2008 Oct: MC11 The Book of Law             (4 minis: Keeper of the Art, Mortificator Master, Inquisitor x 2)
    * 2008 Nov: MC17 The Second Directorate   (4 minis: Mortificator Shadow, Sacred Warrior, and Mortificator Initiates x2)
    * 2009 Mar: MC19 Divine Retribution           (1 mini: Archinquisitor Nikodemus)

Capitol Warpacks

* 2008 Sept: MC05 Advanced Recon           (3 minis: KA67 Great Grey Scout, Ranger Commander and Ranger Elite)
    * 2008 Sept: MC06 13th Banshee Division   (3 minis: KA67 Great Grey Fighter, Martian Banshee Hero, and Martian Banshee Trooper)
    * 2008 Nov: MC15 Striker Division              (4 minis: Martian Banshee Sergeant x2 and Capitol Ranger x2)

Ilian Warpacks

* 2008 Dec: MC03 Karak's Curse                (1 mini: Karak the Keeper + Karak's Command tent, 5 tokens and 10 cards)
    * 2008 Dec: MC04 Golem of Ice                 (1 mini: 4 Ice tokens, 4 Ice counters and 8 cards)

WILL BE UPDATED AS TIME PASS (and please correct if I'm wrong in anything here)

Update#1 Monday 24th of Nov: Added comics and magazines.
Update#2 Monday 24th of Nov: Added Archivers (The Target Games Catalogue).
Update#3 Tuesday 25th of Nov: Added Wave 3 releases of the MC Miniatures Game.
Update#4 Thursday 18th of Dec: Added two MC: MG miniature packs.
Update#5 Thursday 9th of April: Added new info regarding the MC MG.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 05:39:17 PM by Nighthawk »

Offline Nighthawk

Re: Mutant Chronicles Release Timeline 1993-2008
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2008, 03:53:34 PM »
Here are some great pages for Mutant Chronicles.

www.mutantpedia.com        (Download PDFs of RPG books, Warzone books ++, everything Warzone)
http://forum54.oli.us           (Excelsior Entertainment Warzone forum)
http://www.coggames.com  (3rd Edition Mutant Chronicles RPG site)
http://www.thewinternet.com/doomtrooper/ (Doomtrooper resource site)

If you want to go out and buy some of these products here are some links.

www.ebay.com                      (Just search for 'Warzone' or 'Mutant Chronicles' and you'll get lots of hits.)
www.fantasyflightgames.com  (Mutant Chronicles Miniatures Game)
www.prince-august.ie            (Selling lots of Warzone minis, you can easily build up a team from this site.)
www.nobleknightgames.com  (Click on 'Miniatures&Games', then scroll down to 'Target Games'.)
www.amazon.com                 (Search 'Mutant Chronicles')

If you have more links, please reply or PM me.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 06:08:42 AM by Nighthawk »

Offline Stalker

• FAQ Team
  • Mid-west Crusader / FAQ team member
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2008, 10:48:57 PM »
This list looks pretty good although  it is iincomplete. There was a 4 part comic book plus a source book for the characters in the comic, that was released sometime in the mid to late 1990's. The comics were each packaged with a limited edition card for the CCG. Plus there was a special mail away card of Crenshaw for the CCG.

Lastly, they came out with an expansion for SotC. It was printed in a gamer mag in Sweden (i think) ans it included rules for playing the Brotherhood and introduced a few more DL figures into the game. I think Coil could tell you more about this. I'll see if I can dig out my old comics and get you titles and dates for them.
If you shoot for the moon and miss, you are still among the stars.

Offline Nighthawk

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2008, 09:28:20 AM »
Thanks for the reminder Stalker! :) I will be converting this list into a .excel checklist later on, and also do the same with the miniatures for Warzone. I just want it to be organized and well made.

Offline Manic _Miner

• Member Emeritus
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2008, 10:00:54 AM »
 They also had a poster type flyer that came out with the ccg and other Mutant Chronicles related stuff in.I cant remember the name of it but I do have one copy some place.

Offline semai99

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2008, 10:14:19 AM »
Thanks for the list sad but I have nearly all of these except the new CMG stuff I also have a figure catalog somewhere too I  can send you a scan of the front page if you want?
I came, I saw, I ran away

Offline Nighthawk

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2008, 03:05:28 PM »
They also had a poster type flyer that came out with the ccg and other Mutant Chronicles related stuff in.I cant remember the name of it but I do have one copy some place.

Hmmm... Let me know what it's called and give me the info on it. If anyone know lots about the CCG stuff then please PM me and I'll include more details in the list. We only had Doomtrooper and Inquisition here in Norway.. well, maybe some more, but the cards were all in Norwegian. If I get the US release "schedule" right, I'm pretty sure it's almost the same for other countries as well.

Thanks for the list sad but I have nearly all of these except the new CMG stuff I also have a figure catalog somewhere too I  can send you a scan of the front page if you want?

Yeah man, I hear you, in my eyes the MC RPG and Warzone are the real crown jewels in regards of "must have". Though I love Doomtrooper as well. Gott dammit, love the all about it. hehehe. Thanks for reminding me btw! You mean Archives right? I totally forgot, have it here and will write it in. IF it is the magazine thats yellow and red with pics of Warzone and Chronopia you mean? There are more magazines with Warzone related info that I haven't included, but I think the major releases are covered here. mutantpedia.com has all the other magazine/fan additions etc. available for download anyway so I don't know if it'll be in the list at the moment. But please speak your mind if there are any objections.

The next important list will be to rehash the Coral Beach miniatures list that was made in 2003 (its on mutantpedia.com). I own almost every mini there, and want to identify them with code and picture, and also include what that unit is in 1st, 2nd and 3rd edition. That will take some time though, but it's steady and slowly getting there. Also a proxy list kind of thing should be made, a list that could be updated in time.

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2008, 08:45:43 PM »
You've been busy!!  Applaud button in effect.
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline Stalker

• FAQ Team
  • Mid-west Crusader / FAQ team member
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2008, 08:51:24 PM »
I love your commitment to this and respect the massive amount of time this project will take. Karma to you !

PS - I was big into the CCG and have a complete collection up through Apocolypse. That's how I knew about the special mail away cards. Unfortunatley it has been eons since I've done anything with them so, my recall on details is rusted shut. I'll let you know if I dig them back out and blow off the dust to get the info from them.
If you shoot for the moon and miss, you are still among the stars.

Offline Nighthawk

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2008, 05:57:22 AM »
You've been busy!!  Applaud button in effect.

I love your commitment to this and respect the massive amount of time this project will take. Karma to you !

Aww.... *blush* Thanks dudes!

It was decided by the Cartel, and they said "It is for the good of the Corporations!" And I know the Dark Legion will find a way to decipher this message at Luna anyway, so in the end, it'll be good for them too!

PS - I was big into the CCG and have a complete collection up through Apocolypse. That's how I knew about the special mail away cards. Unfortunatley it has been eons since I've done anything with them so, my recall on details is rusted shut. I'll let you know if I dig them back out and blow off the dust to get the info from them.

Whooof! When time, I would love to know the YEAR of each release. Though I don't think it says so on the cards, but on the booster packaging, which I don't expect you to have.

Other than that there is a spoiler list at http://www.thewinternet.com/doomtrooper/lists/index.html 

Aha. That's the site from Bryan Winter, one of the Doomtrooper creators if I'm not completely wrong. If you have the English version cards then this should be perfecto for you.

Offline Alpha

• FAQ Team
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2008, 10:05:30 PM »

Wasn't that called Symmetry? I have three issues here somewhere. One about Blood Berets, one for Kult and one for the Doomtrooper CCG.
Arch Nemesis of the Pathetically Correct
Ebay Handle: Alpha-Male

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2008, 08:02:48 AM »
Also for the CCG Warzone expansion there were a limited numder of signed cards randomly placed in the packs. ;)
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2008, 08:37:53 AM »
I'm still laughing at the nod to Winters and Talamini in the MC novel of the movie.  Matt Forbeck is a good writer, and did the best he could with the material, but just reading it for the inside references is worth it.

Cheers.
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline Manic _Miner

• Member Emeritus
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2008, 10:50:09 AM »
 Alpha you are right.That was the name of the mag/flyer.I only have one and not sure what issue it is.

Offline Coil

• Board Member- First Crusader
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2008, 02:11:42 PM »
I'm still laughing at the nod to Winters and Talamini in the MC novel of the movie.  Matt Forbeck is a good writer, and did the best he could with the material, but just reading it for the inside references is worth it.
Winters and Talamini are just the first two references, I've found a bunch of others as well and I'm only halfway through the book.