Author Topic: Painting scheme ideas......please  (Read 6102 times)

Offline Melanieshaman

Painting scheme ideas......please
« on: November 11, 2008, 12:53:56 PM »
OK i know this isn't from our favorite games BUT i trust you guys and your expertise.  ok here we go.. i bought some Va3a figs from urban mammoth (gawd i hope no one gets mad for me mentioning another company) but i am not fond of thier scheme for them.  Now, way back in the day (which was a tuesday by the way) when i was dominating with my Brotherhood army i had my troopers and elite troopers painted black and red and bronze... not sure how'd these new ones would look that way... anyone have some ideas that are familiar with what i am talking about? (Supressors, and archangels as well as a kali fig)

thanks
Mel

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
Re: Painting scheme ideas......please
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2008, 01:56:08 PM »
They would look good with that scheme-highlights their Soviet inspirations.  Also you could go with a grey-white-black (for a winter colors sceme) idea.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2008, 07:23:36 PM »
(gawd i hope no one gets mad for me mentioning another company)

It only happens when the evil empire and the idiots are mentioned.  Otherwise, we've all accepted proxying and embrace it.  Further, the game will be incorporating stats for models from different makers.  Stay tuned, and know that you'd never get an argument from the Right-coasters for using a proxy.   It's the game that we, truly, care about and love to play.  I'd play with tokens if I had no other choice.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2008, 06:45:44 PM »
Makes me wonder if we should have a section for all the other games we play.  On second thought, forget it, as it would be too much!! 

Mel, is the Urban Mammoth game any good?  Or are you only using them for Warzone proxies??
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2008, 08:09:50 PM »
Hmmmm....

Suppressors: Black or Dark Grey with brass-buckles.  Boots either Black or Scorched Brown.   Accouterments to taste- make them contrast- be it a medium or dark blue...

Arcangels:  Deep-blue suits, boots as above.  Wing "feathers" make steel.  The cowlings for the feathers, use GW tinbitz...

All weapons I'd use steel or a chain-mail with black wash.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline Melanieshaman

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2008, 02:10:10 PM »
Makes me wonder if we should have a section for all the other games we play.  On second thought, forget it, as it would be too much!! 

Mel, is the Urban Mammoth game any good?  Or are you only using them for Warzone proxies??

seems like it might be ok, but more so its for me... gotta start oplay testing my own homegrown rules LOL after 10 years of off and on writing and rewriting lol

Mel