Author Topic: Other Games I Plan on Running  (Read 8542 times)

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
Other Games I Plan on Running
« on: November 29, 2008, 06:41:52 AM »
Assuming I hear back from the crew, I plan on running a Gundam game using Mekton II when I get back to my home of record for Christmas.  The good news is that it is sort of going to be miniatures based, but will not require any painting.  A preview:

Above-A Federation mobile suit fire team encouters a hot LZ as Zeon forces counterattack!
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
Re: Other Games I Plan on Running
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2008, 01:03:46 PM »
I'd smite you, but it's only out of jealousy that you have cooler toys then me.   :(   

I'm not applauding you either!!   :P
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2008, 02:04:37 PM »
Puh-lease....those are terrible toys. Normally I wouldn't take them for free but because I like you and your kids deserve something for Christmas I would be willing to give you 10 bucks for them.  ;)  ;D
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2008, 03:45:46 PM »
Oh-there is no way the kids are touching these-not until they are in their early twenties!
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2008, 04:18:03 PM »
Applaud button hit.  It was a tough choice, Veez, but the kids not touching them 'til they're in their early twenties sealed it.
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline Petru5

• Keeping eastern KC an UWZ!!!
    • Conn-Man Games blog
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2008, 10:38:28 PM »
Ironically, I have a bunch of Gundams sitting in a box, waiting to be eBayed.  Ya'll can have first dibs, if you'd like.
"Game over, man! Game over!"
-Private Hudson

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2008, 05:18:30 AM »
What types and are they the moble suits in action?

Offline Petru5

• Conn-Man Games blog
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2008, 11:51:39 AM »
I'll have to get you individual names later this evening, but I do know they are all 144th scale (10mm) and stand about 4-5" high.  They are posable and I had to put them together like models.  I'll send you some mail about that and Lanard tonight.
-Private Hudson

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2008, 05:13:40 PM »
If they had to be assembled then the are cool but now what I'm looking for probably.  I'd still like to see the pictures though.

Offline Jase

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2008, 02:36:16 PM »
How well does Mekton II as a tabletop system? I haven't seen it but by accounts I thought it was an RPG? I have seen some nifty mechs in the toy isle of a local supermarket; they are packaged in the same vein as the Fire and Ice plasma dragon line. Six robots in all, transformable I think with led features as well. I was thinking of grabbing them for a Cartoon Action Heroes rpg idea I had.

Jase
"Yet across the gulf of space, minds that are to our minds as ours are to those of the beasts that perish, intellects vast and cool and unsympathetic, regarded this earth with envious eyes, and slowly and surely drew their plans against us."

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2008, 10:51:46 AM »
It was originally a hex bases-system for ranges-I plan on converting that to inches.  Other than that, there should be no problem.  I'll let you know how it turns out.

Offline Petru5

• Conn-Man Games blog
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2008, 07:47:41 AM »
You can also use these simple rules, called MEKATAC:
http://www.angelfire.com/games2/warpspawn/MekaT.html

Hex-based, so if you play HeroScape or just have some of its terrain bits, you're golden!
-Private Hudson